|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) Wole's great aunt.
(b) A local mystic.
(c) Wole's older sister.
(d) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
2. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
(a) Bote troops.
(c) A dozen townspeople.
(d) Wole and his cousin.
3. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Mrs. B.
4. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(b) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(b) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(c) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(d) Playing tag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is "Jonah"?
2. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
5. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wole manage to wreck a rose bush at the end of Chapter 5? What is the consequence of his action?
2. Describe the changes that happen in the household when the new baby is on its way in Chapter 7.
3. Describe what happens at the end of Chapter 6, when Wild Christian catches Wole raiding the pantry?
4. Explain the origin of the nickname "Lagilagi." What happens when the family doubts Wole is worthy of such a nickname?
5. Describe the general features of the compound in which Wole lives mentioned in Chapter 1.
6. Describe the legend that Wole recounts in which Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya get in trouble with a ghommid.
7. Describe the incident in which Wole is hurt by a scythe at the end of Chapter 2.
8. How is Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya's trouble with a ghommid resolved?
9. Describe the solution accomplished for ridding Uncle Sanya of his oro spirit?
10. Describe Chapter 1's account of who Essay is.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)