|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
(a) Endlessly hungry.
(b) Boisterous and crying.
(c) Curious and intelligent.
(d) Quiet and sickly.
2. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(b) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(c) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
3. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Uncle Sanya.
(c) His long-lost brother.
(d) Wild Christian.
4. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His thick accent.
(b) His great bulk.
(c) His bulging eyes.
(d) His bushy moustache.
5. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
(b) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(c) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(d) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
2. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
5. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens at the end of Chapter 6, when Wild Christian catches Wole raiding the pantry?
2. Describe the "see-saw" accident that Wole gets into with Osiki.
3. Explain the origin of the nickname "Lagilagi." What happens when the family doubts Wole is worthy of such a nickname?
4. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause the household? How is he finally removed from the house?
5. Describe the incident in which Paa Adatan confronts Bote troops.
6. What two new inventions is Wole exposed to at the top of Chapter 8?
7. Describe Wole's gradual process of discovering the town around the compound at the beginning of Chapter 3.
8. Why, at the end of Chapter 8, is Wole's younger brother Dipo renamed Femi?
9. Describe the incident in which Wole is hurt by a scythe at the end of Chapter 2.
10. Describe three things Wole sees during his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)