|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(b) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(c) His home has run out of yams.
(d) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
2. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) His long-lost brother.
(b) Uncle Sanya.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
3. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She fakes trances.
(b) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(c) She cries.
(d) She punches him on his arm.
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Osiki ate all the yam.
(b) I am hungry.
(c) Where is my dog?
(d) Who are you people?
5. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(b) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(c) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(d) The teacher came to school drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
4. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
5. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Per Chapter 10, describe what Wole and Edun would do every Sunday morning prior to choir practice.
2. What is Wole's first experience with Daodu? What is the outcome?
3. What is the nature of the controversy that arises from Beere's trip to England? How does the women's group respond?
4. What two new inventions is Wole exposed to at the top of Chapter 8?
5. What problems exist in Wole's community? What are the social issues of the day?
6. Describe the incident in which Wole is hurt by a scythe at the end of Chapter 2.
7. Describe Chapter 1's account of who Essay is.
8. How does Wole react when he is jealous of sister Tinu's attending school in Chapter 2?
9. What happens when Beere returns from England?
10. Describe the events that lead up to the violence at the Alake's compound.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)