|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
(a) He plays his accordion at all hours of the night.
(b) He mooches food from the family.
(c) He steals the radio.
(d) He refuses to pay back a significant loan.
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(b) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(c) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(d) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He tries to run away to the coast.
(b) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(c) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(d) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
(a) Wole Jr.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Stray children from the village.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
2. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
3. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
5. What are ghommids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the origin of the Jonah rock?
2. Describe the incident in which Wole is hurt by a scythe at the end of Chapter 2.
3. What two new inventions is Wole exposed to at the top of Chapter 8?
4. Describe the "see-saw" accident that Wole gets into with Osiki.
5. Describe the family's reaction when Wole returns home from his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
6. Describe three things Wole sees during his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
7. How does Wole describe the difference in odors between Essay's room and Wild Christian's room?
8. Describe the incident in which Paa Adatan confronts Bote troops.
9. What bad habit does Wole admit to in Chapter 4, and how is he cured of it?
10. Describe what happens at the end of Chapter 6, when Wild Christian catches Wole raiding the pantry?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)