Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A javelin.
(b) A rusty nail.
(c) A pen.
(d) A scythe.
2. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Wole's great aunt.
(c) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(d) Wole's older sister.
3. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She cries.
(b) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(c) She fakes trances.
(d) She punches him on his arm.
4. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(d) Froo Froo.
5. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(b) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(c) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(d) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
2. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
4. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is "You-Mean-Mayself"? How did he acquire that nickname?
2. How does Daodu run his school?
3. Describe the changes that happen in the household when the new baby is on its way in Chapter 7.
4. Explain the origin of the nickname "Lagilagi." What happens when the family doubts Wole is worthy of such a nickname?
5. How does Wole deal with the prospect of Essay dying in Chapter 11? How does Essay himself deal with the prospect?
6. Describe the solution accomplished for ridding Uncle Sanya of his oro spirit?
7. What is the nature of the philosophical debate Wole has with Essay in Chapter 4?
8. Describe the general features of the compound in which Wole lives mentioned in Chapter 1.
9. How does Wole manage to wreck a rose bush at the end of Chapter 5? What is the consequence of his action?
10. What method of child punishment does Wole describe in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)