|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His bulging eyes.
(b) His bushy moustache.
(c) His great bulk.
(d) His thick accent.
2. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
(b) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(c) The child is paraded around town.
(d) The child is whipped.
3. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
(b) Mr. B.
(c) Uncle Dipo.
(d) Wild Christian.
4. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
(b) World War II.
(c) The Nigerian fight for independence.
(d) The comedy of Jack Benny.
5. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(d) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
3. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What is a "saara?"
5. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens at the end of Chapter 6, when Wild Christian catches Wole raiding the pantry?
2. What two new inventions is Wole exposed to at the top of Chapter 8?
3. How does Wole react when he is jealous of sister Tinu's attending school in Chapter 2?
4. Describe the episode in which a teacher commits a sin against Essay's rose bush in Chapter 5.
5. What is the nature of the philosophical debate Wole has with Essay in Chapter 4?
6. Who is Paa Adatan? Describe him.
7. Describe Chapter 1's account of who Essay is.
8. Describe the incident in which Wole is hurt by a scythe at the end of Chapter 2.
9. Describe the "see-saw" accident that Wole gets into with Osiki.
10. How does Wole describe the difference in odors between Essay's room and Wild Christian's room?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)