|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(b) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(c) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(d) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
2. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
(b) Saara Joe.
(d) Mr. Iyan
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(c) Playing tag.
(d) Building a small house from strips of wood.
4. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
(a) When Wole breaks the light bulb, Essay pretends the light bulb cost hundreds of dollars.
(b) Essay gets Wole to believe it is a spirit trapped in a bottle.
(c) Essay pretends it takes a magical spell to turn the light on.
(d) Essay installs the light bulb in Wole's room, so he can't sleep.
5. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
2. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
4. What is an iyan?
5. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the origin of the Jonah rock?
2. Describe three things Wole sees during his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
3. Describe the death of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7. How does Wole react to the death?
4. What is the nature of the philosophical debate Wole has with Essay in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Paa Adatan? Describe him.
6. Describe the family's reaction when Wole returns home from his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
7. Who is "You-Mean-Mayself"? How did he acquire that nickname?
8. What two new inventions is Wole exposed to at the top of Chapter 8?
9. Describe the "see-saw" accident that Wole gets into with Osiki.
10. Why, at the end of Chapter 8, is Wole's younger brother Dipo renamed Femi?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)