|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(d) He is exposed to a marching band.
2. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken by boat.
(b) He is taken by train.
(c) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(d) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(c) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(d) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
4. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) Girls learning to sew.
(b) The mill.
(c) A group of potion-makers.
(d) A majestic zebra.
5. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
(a) Having sex with a young man when they were away.
(b) Stealing powdered milk.
(c) Dropping the new baby.
(d) Not cleaning the sleeping mat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What is a "saara?"
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the general features of the compound in which Wole lives mentioned in Chapter 1.
2. What is the origin of the Jonah rock?
3. Describe the solution accomplished for ridding Uncle Sanya of his oro spirit?
4. Who is Paa Adatan? Describe him.
5. Describe Wole's gradual process of discovering the town around the compound at the beginning of Chapter 3.
6. What bad habit does Wole admit to in Chapter 4, and how is he cured of it?
7. What dangerous accident does Wole cause in Chapter 5 while looking for presents? What is Wole's reaction?
8. How is Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya's trouble with a ghommid resolved?
9. Describe three things Wole sees during his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
10. How does Wole react when he is jealous of sister Tinu's attending school in Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)