|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(b) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He breaks a window playing ball.
2. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
(b) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(c) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(d) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(d) Wild Man.
4. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(b) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(c) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(d) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
5. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(b) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
2. What is an iyan?
3. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
4. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
5. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is "You-Mean-Mayself"? How did he acquire that nickname?
2. Describe the episode in which a teacher commits a sin against Essay's rose bush in Chapter 5.
3. Who is Paa Adatan? Describe him.
4. What two new inventions is Wole exposed to at the top of Chapter 8?
5. Describe the changes that happen in the household when the new baby is on its way in Chapter 7.
6. What method of child punishment does Wole describe in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Chapter 1's account of who Essay is.
8. What dangerous accident does Wole cause in Chapter 5 while looking for presents? What is Wole's reaction?
9. What is the nature of the philosophical debate Wole has with Essay in Chapter 4?
10. Describe the death of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7. How does Wole react to the death?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)