|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A respected village elder.
(b) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(c) A large, leafy plant.
(d) A term of affection for a young woman.
2. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He mends fences.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He teaches astronomy.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
3. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(b) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
4. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
(b) He gives an amulet to Wole.
(c) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
(d) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
5. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(d) Froo Froo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
2. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
4. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daodu run his school?
2. Describe the events that lead up to the violence at the Alake's compound.
3. Describe the legend that Wole recounts in which Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya get in trouble with a ghommid.
4. What is the nature of the controversy that arises from Beere's trip to England? How does the women's group respond?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what apparent blasphemy does Wole commit in Odemo's palace?
6. How is Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya's trouble with a ghommid resolved?
7. How does Sorowanke anger the peddlers of Dayisi's Walk? How is the conflict resolved?
8. How does Wole react when he is jealous of sister Tinu's attending school in Chapter 2?
9. What dangerous accident does Wole cause in Chapter 5 while looking for presents? What is Wole's reaction?
10. How does Wole describe the difference in odors between Essay's room and Wild Christian's room?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)