|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(a) Froo Froo.
2. What are ghommids?
(a) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(b) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(c) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(d) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
3. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wild Christian.
(d) Mr. B.
4. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(b) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(c) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(d) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
5. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(b) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(c) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(d) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
3. What are egungun?
4. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
5. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya's trouble with a ghommid resolved?
2. What bad habit does Wole admit to in Chapter 4, and how is he cured of it?
3. What method of child punishment does Wole describe in Chapter 6?
4. What is unusual about Bukola? What does Wole think about her behavior?
5. Describe the incident in which Paa Adatan confronts Bote troops.
6. Who is "You-Mean-Mayself"? How did he acquire that nickname?
7. Describe the "see-saw" accident that Wole gets into with Osiki.
8. Describe what happens at the end of Chapter 6, when Wild Christian catches Wole raiding the pantry?
9. Describe the family's reaction when Wole returns home from his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
10. Why, at the end of Chapter 8, is Wole's younger brother Dipo renamed Femi?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)