|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
(a) They are valorous, and will fight to the death in combat.
(b) They are cowards and do not deserve the respect of the townspeople.
(c) They are spies for Hitler, and one must be very careful speaking around them.
(d) They are wild and lawless, and they raid villages.
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(b) Mrs. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
3. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) The mill.
(b) A group of potion-makers.
(c) A majestic zebra.
(d) Girls learning to sew.
4. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(b) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(c) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(d) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
5. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
(b) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(c) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(d) To remind him of his dead wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
2. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
4. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
5. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the philosophical debate Wole has with Essay in Chapter 4?
2. Describe the "see-saw" accident that Wole gets into with Osiki.
3. Describe the solution accomplished for ridding Uncle Sanya of his oro spirit?
4. Describe the incident in which Paa Adatan confronts Bote troops.
5. How is Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya's trouble with a ghommid resolved?
6. Who is Paa Adatan? Describe him.
7. Describe the episode in which a teacher commits a sin against Essay's rose bush in Chapter 5.
8. Explain the origin of the nickname "Lagilagi." What happens when the family doubts Wole is worthy of such a nickname?
9. Why, at the end of Chapter 8, is Wole's younger brother Dipo renamed Femi?
10. What method of child punishment does Wole describe in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)