|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(a) Wild Christian.
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Mrs. B.
3. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is paraded around town.
(b) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
(c) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(d) The child is whipped.
4. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(c) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(d) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
5. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
(b) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
(c) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(d) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
2. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
3. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
4. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
5. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three things Wole sees during his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
2. Why, at the end of Chapter 8, is Wole's younger brother Dipo renamed Femi?
3. Describe the legend that Wole recounts in which Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya get in trouble with a ghommid.
4. Who is "You-Mean-Mayself"? How did he acquire that nickname?
5. Describe the solution accomplished for ridding Uncle Sanya of his oro spirit?
6. Explain the origin of the nickname "Lagilagi." What happens when the family doubts Wole is worthy of such a nickname?
7. Describe the incident in which Paa Adatan confronts Bote troops.
8. Describe the "see-saw" accident that Wole gets into with Osiki.
9. Describe the family's reaction when Wole returns home from his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
10. How does Wole manage to wreck a rose bush at the end of Chapter 5? What is the consequence of his action?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)