|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
(b) Uncle Dipo.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Mr. B.
2. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
(a) A dozen townspeople.
(b) Wole and his cousin.
(c) Bote troops.
3. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(b) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(c) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(d) His home has run out of yams.
4. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
(b) The maid wet her bed.
(c) The maid stole the sugar jar.
(d) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
5. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
(a) Baked-in grease.
(b) Leaden and noxious.
(c) Ordered mustiness.
(d) Imagination stifling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
2. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
3. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
4. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
5. What is an iyan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the death of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7. How does Wole react to the death?
2. Describe the lashing of the boy by Wee-Wee in Chapter 12.
3. What problems exist in Wole's community? What are the social issues of the day?
4. Describe the nature of the "sit-in" staged by the women's group in Chapter 14.
5. Describe the tax controversy that arises in Chapter 13, and how the women's group addresses it.
6. What method of child punishment does Wole describe in Chapter 6?
7. Describe the changes that happen in the household when the new baby is on its way in Chapter 7.
8. What opinion does Wole express in Chapter 10 about Western influences and modern living?
9. Describe Wole's gradual process of discovering the town around the compound at the beginning of Chapter 3.
10. What words of caution does Father have for Wole in Chapter 9, in regards to secondary education?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)