|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole brought a rabbit home.
(b) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(c) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(d) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
2. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(d) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
3. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
(b) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(c) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(d) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
4. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
(a) A dozen townspeople.
(b) Wole and his cousin.
(d) Bote troops.
5. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(b) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(c) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(d) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
2. What is an "oro"?
3. What is an "abiku?"
4. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause the household? How is he finally removed from the house?
2. Describe Wole's gradual process of discovering the town around the compound at the beginning of Chapter 3.
3. What is the origin of the Jonah rock?
4. How is Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya's trouble with a ghommid resolved?
5. Describe the incident in which Paa Adatan confronts Bote troops.
6. Describe the death of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7. How does Wole react to the death?
7. What two new inventions is Wole exposed to at the top of Chapter 8?
8. Describe Chapter 1's account of who Essay is.
9. Describe the episode in which a teacher commits a sin against Essay's rose bush in Chapter 5.
10. Describe the family's reaction when Wole returns home from his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)