|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole brought a rabbit home.
(b) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(c) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(d) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
2. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(b) Wild Man.
3. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) World War II.
(b) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
(c) The Nigerian fight for independence.
(d) The comedy of Jack Benny.
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Hot, humid, and sticky.
(b) A riot of smells.
(c) Given to change like a chameleon.
(d) Sweet and airy like a cake.
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
3. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the death of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7. How does Wole react to the death?
2. Describe Chapter 1's account of who Essay is.
3. Describe the incident in which Wole is hurt by a scythe at the end of Chapter 2.
4. Describe the family's reaction when Wole returns home from his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
5. What bad habit does Wole admit to in Chapter 4, and how is he cured of it?
6. Explain the origin of the nickname "Lagilagi." What happens when the family doubts Wole is worthy of such a nickname?
7. Describe what happens at the end of Chapter 6, when Wild Christian catches Wole raiding the pantry?
8. How is Wild Christian and Uncle Sanya's trouble with a ghommid resolved?
9. Why, at the end of Chapter 8, is Wole's younger brother Dipo renamed Femi?
10. Describe the incident in which Paa Adatan confronts Bote troops.
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)