|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
2. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
(b) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(c) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
(d) They begin to write their own radio plays.
3. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) They are physical neighbors.
(b) A fondness for Tinu.
(c) A love of good food.
(d) A love of the spoken word.
4. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She punches him on his arm.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(d) She fakes trances.
5. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(c) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
2. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
3. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
4. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
5. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, at the end of Chapter 8, is Wole's younger brother Dipo renamed Femi?
2. Describe the general features of the compound in which Wole lives mentioned in Chapter 1.
3. Describe the family's reaction when Wole returns home from his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
4. Describe what happens at the end of Chapter 6, when Wild Christian catches Wole raiding the pantry?
5. What bad habit does Wole admit to in Chapter 4, and how is he cured of it?
6. Describe the solution accomplished for ridding Uncle Sanya of his oro spirit?
7. Describe three things Wole sees during his journey through Ake in Chapter 3.
8. Describe the changes that happen in the household when the new baby is on its way in Chapter 7.
9. How does Wole describe the difference in odors between Essay's room and Wild Christian's room?
10. What method of child punishment does Wole describe in Chapter 6?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)