Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
2. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Wole is forced to sleep in a cave for four days.
(c) Wole is forced to fight several men in the village.
(d) A hunt for a wild boar.
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
(a) She is given a hero's welcome.
(b) She is reviled, and fruit is thrown at her.
(c) She is given an award from the local governor.
(d) The return happens without incident.
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
(a) He is never able to try it.
(b) He is disgusted by it, even though his family loves it.
(c) It is a staple of his diet, and he has no strong opinion about it.
(d) He enjoys the taste.
6. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
(a) He handles his school like a military dictator.
(b) He lets the students handle their own problems.
(c) He handles school like a court of law.
(d) He handles problems like a sports referee.
7. What is taught at Wild Christian's women's group?
8. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
(a) The entire snake.
(b) He refuses to bury the snake.
(c) The head.
(d) The rattle.
9. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
10. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
(a) Several school supplies are stolen by a bully.
(b) He gets a detention for tardiness.
(c) His baby sister dies.
(d) He is cut with a scythe.
11. Where does Sorowanke live, according to Chapter 10?
(a) The parking lot of a McDonald's.
(b) Mr. B's house.
(c) Dayisi's Walk.
(d) In a shanty town by the river.
12. How does Wole react to the rite of manhood he endures in Chapter 9?
(a) Wole laughs during the process, and Father thinks he is going mad.
(b) Wole endures the pain easily, and is congratulated by Father.
(c) Wole nearly dies, and is rushed to the hospital.
(d) It is so painful, Wole sometimes feels as if he is in a dream.
13. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
(a) Wole refuses to shake the hand of the mayor.
(b) Wole refuses to utter the Lord's Prayer.
(c) Wole refuses to prostrate himself before a chief.
(d) Wole refuses to remove his shoes.
14. What best describes the spiritual beliefs of young Wole?
(a) A mix of tribal beliefs and Christianity.
(b) Wole is an atheist, and his family has forsaken religion.
(c) Wole retains the tribal beliefs of his people only.
(d) Wole's family has rejected tribal beliefs, and he is a pure Christian.
15. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
(a) Ake Femi.
(c) Daodu International.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
2. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
3. What is Beere's relationship to Daodu?
4. What is Father's religion?
5. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)