|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
(a) Bada Dooey.
(d) Mama Aduni.
2. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man has terrible stomach pains.
(b) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(c) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
(d) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
3. What are Wole's future plans for Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He plans to marry her.
(b) He plans to hit her for humiliating him.
(c) He plans to bring her to Isara.
(d) He plans to ask her to be his new mother.
4. According to Chapter 10, how might Wole characterize his life as a child?
(a) Simple and good.
(c) Complicated and frenetic.
(d) Tainted by Western influence.
5. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
(a) He handles problems like a sports referee.
(b) He handles his school like a military dictator.
(c) He lets the students handle their own problems.
(d) He handles school like a court of law.
6. Under what circumstances does Wole join the church choir in Chapter 10?
(a) The organist hears him singing, and asks him to join.
(b) Wole bugs the choir leader until the leader agrees.
(c) Wole joins the choir because a member of the choir is a girl he has feelings for.
(d) Wole is forced to join by Wild Christian.
7. What does the derogatory term "agb'eyin-to" refer to?
(a) Westernized Africans.
(b) White men.
8. What best describes Daodu?
(a) Extremely handsome.
9. Why does Beere travel to England in Chapter 13?
(a) To see Big Ben and other landmarks.
(b) Because a friend in need is in London.
(c) To escape arrest.
(d) To advocate for the country's needs.
10. What form does the ghommid take when it chases Uncle Sanya in Chapter 1?
(a) A giant fireball.
(b) An ogre.
(c) A storm cloud.
(d) The Devil.
11. Why does Essay hire a photographer in Chapter 11?
(a) To document the wedding of a favorite former student.
(b) To photograph Essay alone and with his family, for posterity.
(c) To document the poor state of the parsonage compound.
(d) To photograph Essay's prize rose bush.
12. What position does the Alake have?
(a) The Alake is the local governor.
(b) The Alake is the mayor of Ake.
(c) The Alake is principal of the grammar school.
(d) The Alake is the president of Nigeria.
13. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
14. What friend does Wole make in the church choir?
(a) Broda Pupa.
15. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
(a) She is given an award from the local governor.
(b) She is reviled, and fruit is thrown at her.
(c) The return happens without incident.
(d) She is given a hero's welcome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women mock the Alake at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What is the primary demand of the women's group when they organize a protest march?
3. How does Wild Christian respond to the mob violence in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Paa Adatan feel he is the victim of racism?
5. What is the occupation of Broda Pupa?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)