|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) The government of Nigeria.
(c) Egungun, the earth spirit.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
2. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(b) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
(c) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(d) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(b) Wild Man.
(d) Pa Delumo.
4. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(d) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
5. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are expelled from school.
(b) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
(c) They are deprived of food for a week.
(d) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
6. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) The cleaning staff of the compound.
(b) Female students.
(c) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
(d) Male teachers.
7. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(b) Wild Christian.
8. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
9. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
(a) He plays his accordion at all hours of the night.
(b) He refuses to pay back a significant loan.
(c) He steals the radio.
(d) He mooches food from the family.
10. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(b) Take my wife, please!
(c) Win the War.
(d) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
11. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(b) Playing tag.
(d) Building a small house from strips of wood.
12. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
(a) He urinated in the bed.
(b) He is punished for wrecking Essay's rose bush.
(c) He is deemed too old.
(d) Essay goes on a long trip, and locks his door.
13. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(b) Musical scores.
(c) Smoked meats.
14. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Who are you people?
(b) Where is my dog?
(c) I am hungry.
(d) Osiki ate all the yam.
15. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(c) Mr. B.
(d) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
3. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)