|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are deprived of food for a week.
(b) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
(c) They are expelled from school.
(d) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
3. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
(a) Baked-in grease.
(b) Imagination stifling.
(c) Ordered mustiness.
(d) Leaden and noxious.
4. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
(b) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
(c) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(d) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
5. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) Essay always looking worried.
(b) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
(c) The furniture was rearranged.
(d) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
6. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
7. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) Egungun, the earth spirit.
(b) The government of Nigeria.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
8. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
(a) A white dress.
(b) A dress made of scraps of cloth from the villagers.
(c) Many pieces of jewelry.
(d) She is buried without clothes.
9. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
(d) Wole Jr.
10. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
(b) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
(c) The maid stole the sugar jar.
(d) The maid wet her bed.
11. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
(a) Stealing powdered milk.
(b) Dropping the new baby.
(c) Not cleaning the sleeping mat.
(d) Having sex with a young man when they were away.
12. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(b) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(c) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
(d) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
13. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
(a) Boisterous and crying.
(b) Endlessly hungry.
(c) Curious and intelligent.
(d) Quiet and sickly.
14. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(b) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
(c) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(d) Wole attended a long church service.
15. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(b) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(c) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(d) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
3. What is an "abiku?"
4. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
5. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)