|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
(a) A dozen townspeople.
(b) Bote troops.
(d) Wole and his cousin.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. B.
(b) Stray children from the village.
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(b) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(c) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(d) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
4. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(a) Wild Christian.
(b) Mrs. B.
5. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole brought a rabbit home.
(b) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(c) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(d) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
6. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(b) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(c) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(d) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
7. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(b) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
(c) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
(d) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
8. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) Egungun, the earth spirit.
(b) The government of Nigeria.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
9. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
(b) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(c) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
(d) They begin to write their own radio plays.
10. What are ghommids?
(a) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(b) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(c) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(d) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
11. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
(a) He dreams snakes are attacking him.
(b) He dreams he is falling down a waterfall.
(c) He dreams a 12-foot-tall ogre is chasing him.
(d) He dreams he is in a labyrinth and cannot find a way out.
12. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She fakes trances.
(b) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(c) She punches him on his arm.
(d) She cries.
13. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) Wild Christian.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) His long-lost brother.
(d) Uncle Sanya.
14. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(b) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(c) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
15. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(b) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(c) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(d) His home has run out of yams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
3. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
5. What is a "saara?"
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)