Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A javelin.
(b) A rusty nail.
(c) A pen.
(d) A scythe.
2. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Wole's great aunt.
(c) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(d) Wole's older sister.
3. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She cries.
(b) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(c) She fakes trances.
(d) She punches him on his arm.
4. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(d) Froo Froo.
5. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(b) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(c) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(d) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
6. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
(b) Mr. Iyan
(d) Saara Joe.
7. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(b) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(c) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(d) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
8. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Wild Man.
(b) Pa Delumo.
9. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(b) He is rushed to a hospital.
(c) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(d) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
10. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(c) Wild Christian.
11. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(b) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(c) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(d) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
12. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(b) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(c) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(d) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
13. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(b) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(c) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(d) That it is full of deadly poison.
14. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(b) To remind him of his dead wife.
(c) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(d) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
15. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(b) His home has run out of yams.
(c) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(d) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
4. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)