|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are ghommids?
(a) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(b) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(c) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(d) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
2. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
(a) Western influences are harmful.
(b) He believes Westernization can be the salvation of his people.
(c) He has fully embraced Western culture.
(d) He thinks Western influences should be limited to pop culture.
3. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
(a) Many Voices, One Voice.
(b) Women's Advocacy Organization.
(c) The Ake Women's Collective.
(d) The Egba Women's Union.
4. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(b) He is rushed to a hospital.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
5. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Win the War.
(b) Take my wife, please!
(c) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(d) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the caravanserai?
2. What do the women do to symbolically strip the local chiefs of their power?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
4. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
5. What happens to the naked woman at the beginning of Chapter 14?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)