|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(b) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(c) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(d) Playing tag.
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(b) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(c) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
3. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(b) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(c) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(d) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
4. What positive omen takes place during the protest at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) A cow joins the crowd.
(b) A soothsayer reports the spirits are pleased.
(c) It rains.
(d) A baby girl is born.
5. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(b) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
2. What are the caravanserai?
3. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
5. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)