|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ogboni?
(a) A coconut cake.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A crayfish stew.
(d) A local chief.
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A group of potion-makers.
(b) A majestic zebra.
(c) Girls learning to sew.
(d) The mill.
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(c) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(d) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
4. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is full of deadly poison.
(b) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(c) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(d) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
5. What best describes Daodu?
(a) Extremely handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
2. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
3. What contradiction does Wole see in Daodu?
4. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
5. What position does the Alake have?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)