|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Take my wife, please!
(b) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(c) Win the War.
(d) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
2. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(b) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
(c) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
(d) The man has terrible stomach pains.
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(b) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(c) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(d) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, who runs away from Ake?
(c) Wild Christian.
5. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
(b) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(c) To remind him of his dead wife.
(d) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
3. What is a "saara?"
4. What possibility drives Wole into a depression in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)