|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 10, how might Wole characterize his life as a child?
(a) Tainted by Western influence.
(b) Complicated and frenetic.
(d) Simple and good.
2. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(b) Win the War.
(c) Take my wife, please!
(d) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
3. How do the women mock the Alake at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) They wear imitations of his robe.
(b) They write mock newspaper articles.
(c) They speak with his nasally accent.
(d) They sing songs mocking him.
4. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
(b) A young orphan died from starvation.
(c) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
(d) A woman was raped by a policeman.
5. What are Wole's future plans for Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He plans to hit her for humiliating him.
(b) He plans to ask her to be his new mother.
(c) He plans to bring her to Isara.
(d) He plans to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taught at Wild Christian's women's group?
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
5. Who or what is emi esu?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)