|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
(a) Dropping the new baby.
(b) Not cleaning the sleeping mat.
(c) Having sex with a young man when they were away.
(d) Stealing powdered milk.
2. As expressed in Chapter 15, what school rule does Daodu believe is racist?
(a) The "no pockets" rule.
(b) The "quiet" rule.
(c) The "no outside food" rule.
(d) The ironic "Equal Opportunity" rule.
3. What form does the protest at the Alake compound eventually take?
(a) The women refuse to eat until their demands are met.
(b) A sit-in protest.
(c) It devolves into a massacre.
(d) The women take several chiefs hostage.
4. What advice does Broda Pupa give to Wole concerning bee stings?
(a) If attacked by a swarm of bees, run away as fast as you can.
(b) Bee stings can be treated with a warm salt bath.
(c) Bee stings can be treated with hyena dung.
(d) If attacked by a swarm of bees, drop to the ground and roll around.
5. Why does Essay hire a photographer in Chapter 11?
(a) To photograph Essay alone and with his family, for posterity.
(b) To photograph Essay's prize rose bush.
(c) To document the poor state of the parsonage compound.
(d) To document the wedding of a favorite former student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
2. What is the occupation of Broda Pupa?
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
4. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
5. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)