|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
(a) Curious and intelligent.
(b) Quiet and sickly.
(c) Boisterous and crying.
(d) Endlessly hungry.
2. What is an ogboni?
(a) A crayfish stew.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A coconut cake.
(d) A local chief.
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(c) Wild Christian.
4. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(b) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(c) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(d) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
5. What are ghommids?
(a) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(b) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(c) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(d) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friend does Wole make in the church choir?
2. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
3. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
4. What is taught at Wild Christian's women's group?
5. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)