|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
(a) Essay installs the light bulb in Wole's room, so he can't sleep.
(b) When Wole breaks the light bulb, Essay pretends the light bulb cost hundreds of dollars.
(c) Essay pretends it takes a magical spell to turn the light on.
(d) Essay gets Wole to believe it is a spirit trapped in a bottle.
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(b) Mrs. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
3. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
(a) Endlessly hungry.
(b) Boisterous and crying.
(c) Curious and intelligent.
(d) Quiet and sickly.
4. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(b) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(c) The teacher came to school drunk.
(d) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
5. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
(b) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
(c) The maid wet her bed.
(d) The maid stole the sugar jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Alake respond initially to the women's group demands?
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
3. What does the white district officer say to Beere to anger her and start mob violence?
4. What contradiction does Wole see in Daodu?
5. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)