|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) A woman was raped by a policeman.
(b) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
(c) A young orphan died from starvation.
(d) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
2. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
(b) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(c) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
(d) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
3. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His home has run out of yams.
(b) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(c) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(d) He can't go to school, and wants to.
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Sweet and airy like a cake.
(b) A riot of smells.
(c) Hot, humid, and sticky.
(d) Given to change like a chameleon.
5. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(b) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(c) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(d) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What positive omen takes place during the protest at the end of Chapter 14?
2. Under what circumstances does Wole join the church choir in Chapter 10?
3. What possibility drives Wole into a depression in Chapter 11?
4. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
5. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)