|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
(b) The child is whipped.
(c) The child is paraded around town.
(d) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
2. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
(b) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(c) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
(d) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(b) He tries to run away to the coast.
(c) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(d) He pours a glass of water over himself.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(b) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(c) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(d) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(b) Pa Delumo.
(c) Wild Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What positive omen takes place during the protest at the end of Chapter 14?
2. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
3. What does Father warn Wole about in Chapter 9 about grammar school?
4. What secret promise does Beere make with Wole at the end of the book?
5. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)