|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racist view does Beere express in Chapter 15?
(a) Whites always break promises.
(b) White men sleep with black women to feel superior.
(c) Whites dropped the A-Bomb on Japan in World War II because they were Asian.
(d) Whites are lazy and given to theft.
2. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
3. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His home has run out of yams.
(b) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(c) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(d) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
4. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A large, leafy plant.
(b) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(c) A respected village elder.
(d) A term of affection for a young woman.
5. What best describes Kemberi's oratorical style?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. As expressed in Chapter 15, what school rule does Daodu believe is racist?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
5. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)