|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(a) Wild Christian.
2. What position does the Alake have?
(a) The Alake is principal of the grammar school.
(b) The Alake is the local governor.
(c) The Alake is the president of Nigeria.
(d) The Alake is the mayor of Ake.
3. What positive omen takes place during the protest at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) It rains.
(b) A soothsayer reports the spirits are pleased.
(c) A cow joins the crowd.
(d) A baby girl is born.
4. What does the white district officer say to Beere to anger her and start mob violence?
(a) "Shut your women up."
(b) "You women are all alike."
(c) "You have pretty eyes."
(d) "You need a beating."
5. At the end of Chapter 8, who runs away from Ake?
(c) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Alake respond initially to the women's group demands?
2. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
3. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
4. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)