|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "last straw" in Sorowanke's fight with local peddlers?
(a) Sorowanke becomes pregnant.
(b) The peddlers bribe the police to arrest Sorowanke.
(c) The peddlers begin to charge her exorbitant fees.
(d) Sorowanke steals a potion rack from a peddler.
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(b) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(c) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(d) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
3. What is ogiri?
(a) A type of cheese product.
(b) A swear word.
(c) Street orphans.
(d) Coconut cake.
4. What town is Essay from, originally?
(d) Cape Town.
5. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(b) The man has terrible stomach pains.
(c) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
(d) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
2. What is tinko?
3. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
4. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)