|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) A young orphan died from starvation.
(b) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
(c) A woman was raped by a policeman.
(d) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
2. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
3. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) A strange medicine man.
4. How does the Alake respond initially to the women's group demands?
(a) He immediately resigns.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is calm and measured.
(d) He gives in to the demands.
5. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(b) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(c) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(d) Wole brought a rabbit home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
3. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
4. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
5. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)