|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
(a) Hoe farmland.
(b) Gather fruits.
(c) Have a feast of snake meat.
(d) Milk a cow.
2. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(b) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(c) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
(d) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
3. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A pen.
(b) A rusty nail.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A javelin.
4. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
(b) He gives an amulet to Wole.
(c) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
(d) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
5. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Who are you people?
(b) I am hungry.
(c) Where is my dog?
(d) Osiki ate all the yam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
2. Who does the Alake summon to his residence in response to the women's protest?
3. How does the Alake respond initially to the women's group demands?
4. Why does Sorowanke leave her home in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)