|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(b) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
(c) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(d) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
2. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(b) Ivory Coast.
3. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
(a) He has heard the discipline at the college is especially harsh.
(b) He doubts an organization that accepts only men.
(c) He doubts they teach anything useful beyond what grammar school teaches.
(d) He doubts an organization that uses white people to teach black people.
4. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(b) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
(c) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(d) Wole attended a long church service.
5. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) His long-lost brother.
(b) Wild Christian.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Uncle Sanya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
2. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
3. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
5. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)