|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
(a) He must tend to a sick Essay.
(b) He does not get a scholarship.
(c) The area around the Government College became a contested zone during World War II.
(d) Wild Christian needs help at her shop.
2. What is an "oro"?
(a) A nature spirit.
(b) A flat shoe.
(c) A type of Nigerian currency.
(d) A tribal tattoo.
3. At the end of Chapter 10, what is the status of Sorowanke?
(a) She is driven from the town, but the city elders record her tale for posterity.
(b) She is driven from the town and forgotten.
(c) She becomes the owner of a successful coconut cake shop.
(d) She settles down and raises a family.
4. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid stole the sugar jar.
(b) The maid wet her bed.
(c) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
(d) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
5. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(c) A strange medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
3. What is kasada?
4. What is a "saara?"
5. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)