|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
(b) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
(c) A young orphan died from starvation.
(d) A woman was raped by a policeman.
2. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
(b) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
(c) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(d) They begin to write their own radio plays.
3. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) The area behind Wole's house.
(b) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
(c) Wole's imaginary friend.
(d) The family home's welcome mat.
4. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is full of deadly poison.
(b) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(c) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(d) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
2. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
4. Why does Wole receive lashings in Chapter 12?
5. What town is Essay from, originally?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)