|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A term of affection for a young woman.
(b) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(c) A respected village elder.
(d) A large, leafy plant.
2. Odemo is the chief of which town?
3. Under what circumstances does Wole join the church choir in Chapter 10?
(a) Wole joins the choir because a member of the choir is a girl he has feelings for.
(b) Wole is forced to join by Wild Christian.
(c) The organist hears him singing, and asks him to join.
(d) Wole bugs the choir leader until the leader agrees.
4. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(b) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(c) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
(d) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
5. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) Egungun, the earth spirit.
(b) The government of Nigeria.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
3. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
4. What is kasada?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)