|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A term of affection for a young woman.
(b) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(c) A respected village elder.
(d) A large, leafy plant.
2. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(b) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(c) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(d) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
3. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) The Nigerian fight for independence.
(b) World War II.
(c) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
(d) The comedy of Jack Benny.
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(b) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(c) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(d) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Stray children from the village.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
2. What is ogiri?
3. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
4. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
5. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)