|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
(a) He lets the students handle their own problems.
(b) He handles school like a court of law.
(c) He handles problems like a sports referee.
(d) He handles his school like a military dictator.
2. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(b) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(c) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(d) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
3. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
(a) He is disgusted by it, even though his family loves it.
(b) It is a staple of his diet, and he has no strong opinion about it.
(c) He enjoys the taste.
(d) He is never able to try it.
4. What are the caravanserai?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) A group akin to the American mafia.
(c) Headmasters of grammar schools.
(d) Merchants from Isara.
5. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Wole is forced to sleep in a cave for four days.
(b) A hunt for a wild boar.
(c) Wole is forced to fight several men in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
2. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
3. What does Father warn Wole about in Chapter 9 about grammar school?
4. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
5. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)