|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are ghommids?
(a) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(b) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(c) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(d) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
2. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
(b) Uncle Dipo.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Mr. B.
3. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(b) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(c) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
4. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
(a) Two long feeding tubes inserted into her arms.
(b) A miniature version of an iron lung machine.
(c) A cast around both feet.
(d) A plaster cast around her torso.
5. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
(a) Gather fruits.
(b) Have a feast of snake meat.
(c) Hoe farmland.
(d) Milk a cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
3. What is ogiri?
4. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
5. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)