|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an "oro"?
(a) A type of Nigerian currency.
(b) A flat shoe.
(c) A tribal tattoo.
(d) A nature spirit.
2. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(b) Froo Froo.
3. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(b) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He breaks a window playing ball.
4. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(b) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(c) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(d) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
5. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
(a) Wild Christian's infamous stick she uses to punish children.
(b) Anything that is seemingly magical, such as the radio.
(c) A pair of overalls worn to protect against stinging insects.
(d) Someone who disturbs the brush to locate animals for hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does Wole make at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
4. What does Father warn Wole about in Chapter 9 about grammar school?
5. What issue is NOT discussed at Wild Christian's women's group?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)