|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
(a) The boy caused unnecessary alarm by claiming there was a fire.
(b) The boy stole Wole's school supplies.
(c) The boy got a girl pregnant.
(d) The boy hit a teacher.
2. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
(a) He was promised an elephant statue from a trader, but he never got it.
(b) Isara is full of rich snobs who look down upon his family.
(c) The town is provincial and unsanitary.
(d) Wole does not receive any presents from Father.
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
4. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
(b) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
(c) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(d) The man has terrible stomach pains.
5. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
(b) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(c) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
(d) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
2. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. Who is "Tinu?"
4. What town is Essay from, originally?
5. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)