|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wole react to the rite of manhood he endures in Chapter 9?
(a) Wole laughs during the process, and Father thinks he is going mad.
(b) Wole nearly dies, and is rushed to the hospital.
(c) It is so painful, Wole sometimes feels as if he is in a dream.
(d) Wole endures the pain easily, and is congratulated by Father.
2. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) The government of Nigeria.
(b) Egungun, the earth spirit.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
3. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
(a) He has fully embraced Western culture.
(b) Western influences are harmful.
(c) He believes Westernization can be the salvation of his people.
(d) He thinks Western influences should be limited to pop culture.
4. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A love of the spoken word.
(b) A fondness for Tinu.
(c) A love of good food.
(d) They are physical neighbors.
5. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(b) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(c) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
(d) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
2. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
4. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
5. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)