|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
(a) He enjoys the taste.
(b) He is disgusted by it, even though his family loves it.
(c) He is never able to try it.
(d) It is a staple of his diet, and he has no strong opinion about it.
2. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(b) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(c) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(d) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Wild Man.
(c) Pa Delumo.
5. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
(a) He has fully embraced Western culture.
(b) He believes Westernization can be the salvation of his people.
(c) Western influences are harmful.
(d) He thinks Western influences should be limited to pop culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
3. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
4. What is the "last straw" in Sorowanke's fight with local peddlers?
5. Where does Sorowanke live, according to Chapter 10?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)