|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an iyan?
(a) A pounded yam.
(b) A bothersome biting insect.
(c) A see-saw playground toy.
(d) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
2. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(b) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(c) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(d) Quick-witted and gregarious.
3. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man has terrible stomach pains.
(b) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
(c) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(d) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
4. What is an "oro"?
(a) A tribal tattoo.
(b) A type of Nigerian currency.
(c) A flat shoe.
(d) A nature spirit.
5. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
(a) He runs a car into the tree.
(b) He flings rocks at it until it drops down.
(c) He shakes the tree.
(d) He charms the snake with a flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are egungun?
2. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
4. Who is "Tinu?"
5. What is the occupation of Broda Pupa?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)