|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town is Essay from, originally?
(c) Cape Town.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
(a) The boy caused unnecessary alarm by claiming there was a fire.
(b) The boy got a girl pregnant.
(c) The boy hit a teacher.
(d) The boy stole Wole's school supplies.
3. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
(a) He handles his school like a military dictator.
(b) He handles school like a court of law.
(c) He lets the students handle their own problems.
(d) He handles problems like a sports referee.
4. What is an "oro"?
(a) A flat shoe.
(b) A tribal tattoo.
(c) A type of Nigerian currency.
(d) A nature spirit.
5. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(b) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(c) He is exposed to a marching band.
(d) He sees a naked woman bathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
2. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
3. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
4. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
5. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)