|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue is NOT discussed at Wild Christian's women's group?
(b) Civil service.
(c) Infant mortality.
(d) The drought.
2. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks a window playing ball.
(b) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(c) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(d) He makes a hunting gun go off.
3. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
4. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
(a) Have a feast of snake meat.
(b) Milk a cow.
(c) Gather fruits.
(d) Hoe farmland.
5. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(b) Win the War.
(c) Take my wife, please!
(d) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
2. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
3. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
4. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
5. Under what circumstances does Wole join the church choir in Chapter 10?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)