|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(b) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
(c) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
(d) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
2. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
(a) From his rambling speech patterns.
(b) From his small stature.
(c) From his hen-like gait.
(d) From his spendthrift ways.
3. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(b) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
(c) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(d) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
4. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is exposed to a marching band.
(b) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(c) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(d) He sees a naked woman bathing.
5. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(b) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(d) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
3. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Essay hire a photographer in Chapter 11?
5. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)