|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(b) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(c) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(d) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
2. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Wole begins speaking directly to an unnamed friend.
(b) Wole writes from the perspective of Wild Christian.
(c) Wole speaks in rhyme.
(d) Wole breaks from his childhood narrative to speak about the present-day.
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
4. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(b) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(c) He is taken by train.
(d) He is taken by boat.
5. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(b) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(c) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(d) Quiet, and thoughtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
3. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
4. What is the occupation of Broda Pupa?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)