|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
(a) Many pieces of jewelry.
(b) A dress made of scraps of cloth from the villagers.
(c) A white dress.
(d) She is buried without clothes.
2. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
(a) Many Voices, One Voice.
(b) The Ake Women's Collective.
(c) Women's Advocacy Organization.
(d) The Egba Women's Union.
3. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken by boat.
(b) He is taken by train.
(c) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(d) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
(a) Baked-in grease.
(b) Leaden and noxious.
(c) Ordered mustiness.
(d) Imagination stifling.
5. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She cries.
(b) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(c) She fakes trances.
(d) She punches him on his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the caravanserai?
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
3. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
4. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)