|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(c) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(d) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
2. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(b) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
(c) Wole attended a long church service.
(d) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
3. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A rusty nail.
(b) A pen.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A javelin.
4. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) The comedy of Jack Benny.
(b) The Nigerian fight for independence.
(c) World War II.
(d) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
5. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
(a) A pair of overalls worn to protect against stinging insects.
(b) Someone who disturbs the brush to locate animals for hunters.
(c) Wild Christian's infamous stick she uses to punish children.
(d) Anything that is seemingly magical, such as the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is Essay from, originally?
2. How did Essay get his name?
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
4. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
5. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)