|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is exposed to a marching band.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(d) He sees a naked woman bathing.
2. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is whipped.
(b) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(c) The child is paraded around town.
(d) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
3. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
(a) A white dress.
(b) She is buried without clothes.
(c) Many pieces of jewelry.
(d) A dress made of scraps of cloth from the villagers.
4. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
(a) He mooches food from the family.
(b) He plays his accordion at all hours of the night.
(c) He steals the radio.
(d) He refuses to pay back a significant loan.
5. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
(b) Mr. Iyan
(d) Saara Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
2. Why does Wole receive lashings in Chapter 12?
3. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What is tinko?
5. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)