|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
(b) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(c) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(d) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
2. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(b) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
(c) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
(d) The man has terrible stomach pains.
3. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(b) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(c) He is exposed to a marching band.
(d) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
4. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(b) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(c) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(d) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
5. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Win the War.
(b) Take my wife, please!
(c) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(d) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Broda Pupa?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
3. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
4. What is an "oro"?
5. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)