|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(b) Wole's great aunt.
(c) A local mystic.
(d) Wole's older sister.
2. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
(a) That Wole will never lie again.
(b) That Wole will travel to America.
(c) That Wole will always attend church.
(d) That Wole will attend college.
3. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) A young orphan died from starvation.
(b) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
(c) A woman was raped by a policeman.
(d) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
4. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
(a) Many pieces of jewelry.
(b) She is buried without clothes.
(c) A dress made of scraps of cloth from the villagers.
(d) A white dress.
5. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher came to school drunk.
(b) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(c) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(d) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole receive lashings in Chapter 12?
2. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
3. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
4. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
5. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)