|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) His long-lost brother.
(c) Uncle Sanya.
(d) Wild Christian.
2. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
(a) A pair of overalls worn to protect against stinging insects.
(b) Anything that is seemingly magical, such as the radio.
(c) Someone who disturbs the brush to locate animals for hunters.
(d) Wild Christian's infamous stick she uses to punish children.
3. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A rusty nail.
(b) A scythe.
(c) A pen.
(d) A javelin.
4. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(b) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(d) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
5. What issue is NOT discussed at Wild Christian's women's group?
(a) The drought.
(b) Infant mortality.
(d) Civil service.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
2. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
3. Who is "Tinu?"
4. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
5. Odemo is the chief of which town?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)