|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Odemo is the chief of which town?
2. What is tinko?
(a) A small truck used to transport villagers.
(b) Tinsel wrapping for gifts.
(c) Lean meat fried to a hard crisp.
(d) Pennies for church tithe.
3. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) The mill.
(b) Girls learning to sew.
(c) A group of potion-makers.
(d) A majestic zebra.
4. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) To remind him of his dead wife.
(b) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(c) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(d) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(d) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
5. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)