|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(b) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(c) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(d) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
2. What town is Essay from, originally?
(a) Cape Town.
3. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) His long-lost brother.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Uncle Sanya.
4. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
(a) Someone who disturbs the brush to locate animals for hunters.
(b) A pair of overalls worn to protect against stinging insects.
(c) Wild Christian's infamous stick she uses to punish children.
(d) Anything that is seemingly magical, such as the radio.
5. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
(a) He believes Westernization can be the salvation of his people.
(b) Western influences are harmful.
(c) He has fully embraced Western culture.
(d) He thinks Western influences should be limited to pop culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
3. What is Father's religion?
4. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
5. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)