|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is full of deadly poison.
(b) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(c) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(d) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(b) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(c) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(d) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
3. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(b) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(c) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(d) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
4. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
(a) Hoe farmland.
(b) Have a feast of snake meat.
(c) Gather fruits.
(d) Milk a cow.
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
(b) Male teachers.
(c) The cleaning staff of the compound.
(d) Female students.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
2. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, what is the status of Sorowanke?
4. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
5. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)