|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) A riot of smells.
(b) Hot, humid, and sticky.
(c) Sweet and airy like a cake.
(d) Given to change like a chameleon.
2. Why does Sorowanke leave her home in Chapter 10?
(a) She claims to hear a voice from God ordering her to travel.
(b) She wins the local lottery and buys a house.
(c) She is beaten by her boyfriend.
(d) Children pelt her with sticks and stones.
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(b) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(c) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(d) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
4. What is ogiri?
(a) Coconut cake.
(b) A swear word.
(c) A type of cheese product.
(d) Street orphans.
5. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(b) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(c) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(d) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, what is the status of Sorowanke?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
5. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)