|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His bushy moustache.
(b) His bulging eyes.
(c) His great bulk.
(d) His thick accent.
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(b) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(c) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(d) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
3. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Sweet and airy like a cake.
(b) A riot of smells.
(c) Given to change like a chameleon.
(d) Hot, humid, and sticky.
4. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
5. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(b) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(c) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(d) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is Essay from, originally?
2. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
5. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)