|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is whipped.
(b) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(c) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
(d) The child is paraded around town.
2. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(a) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
3. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He mends fences.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He teaches astronomy.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
4. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She cries.
(b) She punches him on his arm.
(c) She fakes trances.
(d) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
5. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
(b) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
(c) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(d) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
2. How does Wole react to the rite of manhood he endures in Chapter 9?
3. What is kasada?
4. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
5. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)