|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(b) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(c) That it is full of deadly poison.
(d) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
2. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
(a) Western influences are harmful.
(b) He believes Westernization can be the salvation of his people.
(c) He thinks Western influences should be limited to pop culture.
(d) He has fully embraced Western culture.
3. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
(a) He mooches food from the family.
(b) He plays his accordion at all hours of the night.
(c) He steals the radio.
(d) He refuses to pay back a significant loan.
4. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(b) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(c) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
(d) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
5. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A respected village elder.
(b) A large, leafy plant.
(c) A term of affection for a young woman.
(d) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are egungun?
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
4. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)