|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) The area behind Wole's house.
(b) Wole's imaginary friend.
(c) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
(d) The family home's welcome mat.
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(d) He is exposed to a marching band.
3. What does Father warn Wole about in Chapter 9 about grammar school?
(a) Father warns about the dangers of girls receiving education.
(b) It is very far away, and Wole will be far from his family.
(c) The older boys there will be jealous of Wole's young age.
(d) School education is next to worthless.
4. What is an "oro"?
(a) A nature spirit.
(b) A tribal tattoo.
(c) A flat shoe.
(d) A type of Nigerian currency.
5. What is Father's religion?
(b) Roman Catholic.
(d) He believes in traditional tribal spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
2. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
4. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
5. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)