|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sorowanke live, according to Chapter 10?
(a) Dayisi's Walk.
(b) The parking lot of a McDonald's.
(c) Mr. B's house.
(d) In a shanty town by the river.
2. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(d) A strange medicine man.
3. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He gives an amulet to Wole.
(b) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
(c) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
(d) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
4. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
5. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
(a) The spirit in the box.
(b) The prophet of universal information.
(c) One who speaks without expecting a reply.
(d) One with the scratchy voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
3. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
4. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)