|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(b) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she has shoes, and he does not.
2. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(d) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
3. What is Father's religion?
(a) He believes in traditional tribal spirits.
(c) Roman Catholic.
4. What town is Essay from, originally?
(d) Cape Town.
5. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
(a) Saara Joe.
(c) Mr. Iyan
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
3. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
4. What is a "saara?"
5. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)