|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an iyan?
(a) A bothersome biting insect.
(b) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(c) A pounded yam.
(d) A see-saw playground toy.
2. What is a "saara?"
(a) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(b) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(c) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(d) A blanket used in the winter months.
3. What town is Essay from, originally?
(c) Cape Town.
4. What is Father's religion?
(c) He believes in traditional tribal spirits.
(d) Roman Catholic.
5. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(b) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He breaks a window playing ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
2. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
4. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)