|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
(a) Wole Jr.
2. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(b) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(c) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(d) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
4. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
(a) Wole does not receive any presents from Father.
(b) Isara is full of rich snobs who look down upon his family.
(c) He was promised an elephant statue from a trader, but he never got it.
(d) The town is provincial and unsanitary.
5. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Wole speaks in rhyme.
(b) Wole begins speaking directly to an unnamed friend.
(c) Wole writes from the perspective of Wild Christian.
(d) Wole breaks from his childhood narrative to speak about the present-day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
3. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
4. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
5. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)