|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(b) A large, leafy plant.
(c) A term of affection for a young woman.
(d) A respected village elder.
2. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
(a) Not cleaning the sleeping mat.
(b) Having sex with a young man when they were away.
(c) Stealing powdered milk.
(d) Dropping the new baby.
3. What is akara?
(a) Fried bean cake.
(b) A process of application to become a holy man.
(c) A salve used to treat bee stings.
(d) A spirit of the forest.
4. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Wole speaks in rhyme.
(b) Wole writes from the perspective of Wild Christian.
(c) Wole begins speaking directly to an unnamed friend.
(d) Wole breaks from his childhood narrative to speak about the present-day.
5. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(b) Take my wife, please!
(c) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(d) Win the War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
2. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
3. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
4. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)