|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What friend does Wole make in the church choir?
(a) Broda Pupa.
2. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
(b) The comedy of Jack Benny.
(c) The Nigerian fight for independence.
(d) World War II.
3. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
(a) He refuses to pay back a significant loan.
(b) He plays his accordion at all hours of the night.
(c) He steals the radio.
(d) He mooches food from the family.
4. Odemo is the chief of which town?
5. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
(a) The town is provincial and unsanitary.
(b) Isara is full of rich snobs who look down upon his family.
(c) Wole does not receive any presents from Father.
(d) He was promised an elephant statue from a trader, but he never got it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
2. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
4. What is ogiri?
5. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)