|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is paraded around town.
(b) The child is whipped.
(c) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(d) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
2. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
(b) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
(c) He gives an amulet to Wole.
(d) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
3. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
(b) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(c) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(d) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
4. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) His long-lost brother.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Uncle Sanya.
5. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
(a) That Wole will attend college.
(b) That Wole will always attend church.
(c) That Wole will travel to America.
(d) That Wole will never lie again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Where does Sorowanke live, according to Chapter 10?
5. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)