|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(b) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(c) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(d) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
2. What is the occupation of Broda Pupa?
(d) Town administrator.
3. What are the caravanserai?
(a) A group akin to the American mafia.
(b) Merchants from Isara.
(c) Headmasters of grammar schools.
(d) A group of holy men.
4. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
(a) The town is provincial and unsanitary.
(b) Isara is full of rich snobs who look down upon his family.
(c) He was promised an elephant statue from a trader, but he never got it.
(d) Wole does not receive any presents from Father.
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(b) Pa Delumo.
(d) Wild Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Father's religion?
2. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
3. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
5. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)