|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(b) He breaks a window playing ball.
(c) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(d) He makes a hunting gun go off.
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
(b) Pa Delumo.
(c) Paa Adatan.
3. What complaint does Wole make at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) The military is taking over the country.
(b) The smells of the wonderful dishes of his youth are no more.
(c) Politicians are thoroughly corrupt.
(d) Wole never got his chance to become an engineer.
4. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken by train.
(b) He is taken by boat.
(c) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(d) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
5. What is the "last straw" in Sorowanke's fight with local peddlers?
(a) The peddlers bribe the police to arrest Sorowanke.
(b) Sorowanke steals a potion rack from a peddler.
(c) Sorowanke becomes pregnant.
(d) The peddlers begin to charge her exorbitant fees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
3. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
5. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)