|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
(a) Endlessly hungry.
(b) Curious and intelligent.
(c) Boisterous and crying.
(d) Quiet and sickly.
2. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
(a) The spirit in the box.
(b) The prophet of universal information.
(c) One with the scratchy voice.
(d) One who speaks without expecting a reply.
3. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
4. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(b) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(c) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
(d) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
5. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(b) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(c) Wole attended a long church service.
(d) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
3. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
5. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)