|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) He is exposed to a marching band.
(d) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
2. Why does Essay hire a photographer in Chapter 11?
(a) To document the wedding of a favorite former student.
(b) To document the poor state of the parsonage compound.
(c) To photograph Essay alone and with his family, for posterity.
(d) To photograph Essay's prize rose bush.
3. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(d) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
4. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(d) Wild Christian.
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) The cleaning staff of the compound.
(b) Female students.
(c) Male teachers.
(d) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
2. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
3. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
4. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)