|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(b) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(c) His home has run out of yams.
(d) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
2. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(b) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
(c) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(d) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(b) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she has shoes, and he does not.
4. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
(b) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
(c) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
(d) He gives an amulet to Wole.
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
3. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
5. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)