|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(b) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(c) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(d) Quiet, and thoughtful.
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A majestic zebra.
(b) The mill.
(c) A group of potion-makers.
(d) Girls learning to sew.
3. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Take my wife, please!
(b) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(c) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(d) Win the War.
4. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is rushed to a hospital.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
5. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) To remind him of his dead wife.
(b) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
(c) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(d) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
3. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)