|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Win the War.
(b) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(c) Take my wife, please!
(d) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
2. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
(a) The prophet of universal information.
(b) The spirit in the box.
(c) One who speaks without expecting a reply.
(d) One with the scratchy voice.
3. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(c) Wole's older sister.
(d) Wole's great aunt.
4. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
(b) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(c) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(d) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
5. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
(a) He dreams he is falling down a waterfall.
(b) He dreams snakes are attacking him.
(c) He dreams he is in a labyrinth and cannot find a way out.
(d) He dreams a 12-foot-tall ogre is chasing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
5. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)