|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
(a) Curious and intelligent.
(b) Quiet and sickly.
(c) Boisterous and crying.
(d) Endlessly hungry.
2. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(b) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(c) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(d) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
3. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(b) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(c) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(d) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(b) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
(c) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(d) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
5. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
(b) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
(c) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(d) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
2. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
3. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What are ghommids?
5. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)