|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(b) He is taken by train.
(c) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(d) He is taken by boat.
2. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(b) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
(c) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
(d) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
3. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Given to change like a chameleon.
(b) A riot of smells.
(c) Hot, humid, and sticky.
(d) Sweet and airy like a cake.
4. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(b) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(c) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(d) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
5. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(b) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(c) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(d) Quick-witted and gregarious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
2. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
3. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
4. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)