|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A large, leafy plant.
(b) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(c) A term of affection for a young woman.
(d) A respected village elder.
2. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
(b) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(c) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(d) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
3. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He teaches astronomy.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He mends fences.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(b) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(c) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(d) He tries to run away to the coast.
5. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
(a) He dreams he is falling down a waterfall.
(b) He dreams he is in a labyrinth and cannot find a way out.
(c) He dreams snakes are attacking him.
(d) He dreams a 12-foot-tall ogre is chasing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
2. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
4. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)