|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(b) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(d) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
2. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
(b) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(c) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
(d) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
3. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
(b) Male teachers.
(c) Female students.
(d) The cleaning staff of the compound.
4. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(b) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(c) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(d) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
2. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
3. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
4. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
5. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)