|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(b) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(c) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(d) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
2. What are egungun?
(a) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(b) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(c) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(d) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(b) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(c) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(d) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
4. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
5. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He teaches astronomy.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He mends fences.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an "abiku?"
2. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
3. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
4. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
5. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)