|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
(a) When Wole breaks the light bulb, Essay pretends the light bulb cost hundreds of dollars.
(b) Essay gets Wole to believe it is a spirit trapped in a bottle.
(c) Essay installs the light bulb in Wole's room, so he can't sleep.
(d) Essay pretends it takes a magical spell to turn the light on.
2. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A respected village elder.
(b) A term of affection for a young woman.
(c) A large, leafy plant.
(d) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
3. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Win the War.
(b) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(c) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(d) Take my wife, please!
4. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(b) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(c) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(d) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Stray children from the village.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
2. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
3. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
4. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
5. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)