|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an iyan?
(a) A see-saw playground toy.
(b) A bothersome biting insect.
(c) A pounded yam.
(d) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
2. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid wet her bed.
(b) The maid stole the sugar jar.
(c) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
(d) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(d) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He is a merchant of jewelry.
(b) He teaches astronomy.
(c) He mends fences.
(d) He sells books.
5. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(b) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(c) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
(d) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
2. What is an "abiku?"
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
4. What are egungun?
5. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)