|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
(a) He urinated in the bed.
(b) Essay goes on a long trip, and locks his door.
(c) He is deemed too old.
(d) He is punished for wrecking Essay's rose bush.
2. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(b) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(d) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
3. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
(a) Many pieces of jewelry.
(b) She is buried without clothes.
(c) A dress made of scraps of cloth from the villagers.
(d) A white dress.
4. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(c) Paa Adatan.
(d) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
5. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) I am hungry.
(b) Osiki ate all the yam.
(c) Where is my dog?
(d) Who are you people?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
2. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
3. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
4. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
5. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)