|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(a) Musical scores.
(c) Smoked meats.
2. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She fakes trances.
(b) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(c) She cries.
(d) She punches him on his arm.
3. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
(a) When Wole breaks the light bulb, Essay pretends the light bulb cost hundreds of dollars.
(b) Essay gets Wole to believe it is a spirit trapped in a bottle.
(c) Essay pretends it takes a magical spell to turn the light on.
(d) Essay installs the light bulb in Wole's room, so he can't sleep.
4. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(b) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(c) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(d) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
5. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(b) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(c) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(d) He tries to run away to the coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
2. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
4. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)