|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(b) Froo Froo.
2. What is a "saara?"
(a) A blanket used in the winter months.
(b) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(c) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(d) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(b) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(c) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(d) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
4. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
5. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
(a) One with the scratchy voice.
(b) One who speaks without expecting a reply.
(c) The spirit in the box.
(d) The prophet of universal information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
2. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
3. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
5. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)