|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an "oro"?
(a) A type of Nigerian currency.
(b) A flat shoe.
(c) A tribal tattoo.
(d) A nature spirit.
2. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(b) A large, leafy plant.
(c) A respected village elder.
(d) A term of affection for a young woman.
3. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(b) He is taken by train.
(c) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(d) He is taken by boat.
4. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(b) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(c) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(d) He breaks a window playing ball.
5. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(d) Froo Froo.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
2. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
3. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
4. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)