|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(b) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(c) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(d) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
2. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
(a) He dreams he is in a labyrinth and cannot find a way out.
(b) He dreams a 12-foot-tall ogre is chasing him.
(c) He dreams he is falling down a waterfall.
(d) He dreams snakes are attacking him.
3. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(b) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(c) Take my wife, please!
(d) Win the War.
4. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(c) Pa Delumo.
(d) Wild Man.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(b) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(c) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(d) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
2. Who or what is emi esu?
3. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
4. What is an "oro"?
5. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)