|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His bulging eyes.
(b) His thick accent.
(c) His bushy moustache.
(d) His great bulk.
2. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Given to change like a chameleon.
(b) Hot, humid, and sticky.
(c) Sweet and airy like a cake.
(d) A riot of smells.
3. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(c) Smoked meats.
(d) Musical scores.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. B.
(d) Stray children from the village.
5. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She punches him on his arm.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(d) She fakes trances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
2. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
3. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
4. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
5. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)