|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
(b) Essay always looking worried.
(c) The furniture was rearranged.
(d) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
2. How did Essay get his name?
(a) "Essay" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a snake makes, and Essay is mistrusted like a snake.
(b) He is a masterful writer.
(c) Essay calls everyone by the familiar "Ese."
(d) His real initials are S.A., and Essay is a soundalike name.
3. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
(a) A cast around both feet.
(b) Two long feeding tubes inserted into her arms.
(c) A miniature version of an iron lung machine.
(d) A plaster cast around her torso.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(b) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
5. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(b) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(c) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
(d) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
2. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
3. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
5. Who or what is "Jonah"?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)