|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(d) Wild Man.
2. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(b) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He breaks a window playing ball.
3. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(b) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
(c) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
(d) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
4. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(d) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
5. How did Essay get his name?
(a) Essay calls everyone by the familiar "Ese."
(b) He is a masterful writer.
(c) His real initials are S.A., and Essay is a soundalike name.
(d) "Essay" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a snake makes, and Essay is mistrusted like a snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
5. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)