|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are ghommids?
(a) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(b) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(c) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(d) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
2. What is an "oro"?
(a) A nature spirit.
(b) A type of Nigerian currency.
(c) A tribal tattoo.
(d) A flat shoe.
3. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(b) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(c) He is taken by train.
(d) He is taken by boat.
4. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(b) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(c) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(d) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
5. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(b) Smoked meats.
(c) Musical scores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
2. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
5. What is a "saara?"
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)