|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are ghommids?
(a) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(b) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(c) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(d) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
2. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
(a) He dreams he is falling down a waterfall.
(b) He dreams a 12-foot-tall ogre is chasing him.
(c) He dreams snakes are attacking him.
(d) He dreams he is in a labyrinth and cannot find a way out.
3. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
(a) Dropping the new baby.
(b) Having sex with a young man when they were away.
(c) Not cleaning the sleeping mat.
(d) Stealing powdered milk.
4. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(b) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(c) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(d) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
5. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He teaches astronomy.
(b) He is a merchant of jewelry.
(c) He sells books.
(d) He mends fences.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
2. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
3. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
4. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)