|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
(a) A plaster cast around her torso.
(b) A cast around both feet.
(c) A miniature version of an iron lung machine.
(d) Two long feeding tubes inserted into her arms.
2. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(b) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(c) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(d) Quick-witted and gregarious.
3. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(b) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(c) Wole brought a rabbit home.
(d) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
4. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
(a) He is deemed too old.
(b) He urinated in the bed.
(c) Essay goes on a long trip, and locks his door.
(d) He is punished for wrecking Essay's rose bush.
5. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(b) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
(c) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(d) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
4. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
5. How did Essay get his name?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)