|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He mends fences.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He teaches astronomy.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(b) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(c) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(d) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
3. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(b) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(c) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(d) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
4. What is a "saara?"
(a) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(b) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(c) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(d) A blanket used in the winter months.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Playing tag.
(c) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(d) Building a small house from strips of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an "abiku?"
2. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Who or what is "Jonah"?
5. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)