|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(b) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(c) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(d) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
2. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(b) Wild Christian.
(d) Mr. B.
3. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
(a) He fears Mrs. Odufuwa, because he thinks she is a witch.
(b) He hates Mrs. Odufuwa for her rough bathing sessions.
(c) He enjoys Mrs. Odufuwa's cooking greatly.
(d) He believes Mrs. Odufuwa is the most beautiful woman on earth.
4. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(b) His home has run out of yams.
(c) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(d) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
5. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
(a) Boisterous and crying.
(b) Endlessly hungry.
(c) Quiet and sickly.
(d) Curious and intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Essay get his name?
2. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
3. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
4. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
5. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)