|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A majestic zebra.
(b) The mill.
(c) A group of potion-makers.
(d) Girls learning to sew.
2. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
(b) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(c) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
(d) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
3. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(b) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(c) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(d) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
4. What is an iyan?
(a) A see-saw playground toy.
(b) A bothersome biting insect.
(c) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(d) A pounded yam.
5. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
(b) The area behind Wole's house.
(c) Wole's imaginary friend.
(d) The family home's welcome mat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
2. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
3. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
5. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)