|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) Wole's imaginary friend.
(b) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
(c) The family home's welcome mat.
(d) The area behind Wole's house.
2. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(b) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(c) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He is rushed to a hospital.
(d) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He is a merchant of jewelry.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He teaches astronomy.
(d) He mends fences.
5. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(c) Froo Froo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
3. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
5. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)