|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "saara?"
(a) A blanket used in the winter months.
(b) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(c) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(d) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
2. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
(b) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
(c) The maid stole the sugar jar.
(d) The maid wet her bed.
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(b) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(c) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(d) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
4. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A group of potion-makers.
(b) A majestic zebra.
(c) Girls learning to sew.
(d) The mill.
5. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(b) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(c) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
2. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)