|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(c) Wild Christian.
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(b) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(c) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(d) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
3. What is an iyan?
(a) A bothersome biting insect.
(b) A pounded yam.
(c) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(d) A see-saw playground toy.
4. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(c) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(d) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(b) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(c) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(d) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
5. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)