|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(b) He is taken by train.
(c) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(d) He is taken by boat.
2. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(b) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(c) He is rushed to a hospital.
(d) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(d) Wild Christian.
4. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A group of potion-makers.
(b) The mill.
(c) Girls learning to sew.
(d) A majestic zebra.
5. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(b) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(c) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(d) Wole brought a rabbit home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
2. What is an "oro"?
3. What is a "saara?"
4. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
5. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)