|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are egungun?
(a) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(b) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(c) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(d) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A group of potion-makers.
(b) The mill.
(c) Girls learning to sew.
(d) A majestic zebra.
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(b) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(c) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(d) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
4. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) They are physical neighbors.
(b) A love of the spoken word.
(c) A fondness for Tinu.
(d) A love of good food.
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
(b) Female students.
(c) Male teachers.
(d) The cleaning staff of the compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
3. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
4. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)