|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(c) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(d) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
2. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(b) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(d) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
3. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Who are you people?
(b) Osiki ate all the yam.
(c) I am hungry.
(d) Where is my dog?
4. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(b) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(c) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(d) His home has run out of yams.
5. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
(a) Essay goes on a long trip, and locks his door.
(b) He is deemed too old.
(c) He urinated in the bed.
(d) He is punished for wrecking Essay's rose bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
2. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
4. What are egungun?
5. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)