|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A pen.
(b) A scythe.
(c) A rusty nail.
(d) A javelin.
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(b) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(c) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(d) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
3. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(b) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
(c) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
(d) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
4. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(b) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(c) His home has run out of yams.
(d) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
5. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He teaches astronomy.
(b) He is a merchant of jewelry.
(c) He sells books.
(d) He mends fences.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
4. What is an "oro"?
5. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)