|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(b) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(c) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(d) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
2. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
(b) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
(c) Essay always looking worried.
(d) The furniture was rearranged.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. B.
(d) Stray children from the village.
4. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(b) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(c) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(d) Wole brought a rabbit home.
5. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(b) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(c) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
(d) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an "abiku?"
2. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
5. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)