|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(b) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(c) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(d) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
2. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
(b) The child is paraded around town.
(c) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(d) The child is whipped.
3. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(b) Wild Christian.
4. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A large, leafy plant.
(b) A respected village elder.
(c) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(d) A term of affection for a young woman.
5. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(b) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(c) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(d) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
3. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
4. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
5. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)