|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(b) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(c) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(d) That she has shoes, and he does not.
3. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks a window playing ball.
(b) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(c) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(d) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
4. What is an iyan?
(a) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(b) A see-saw playground toy.
(c) A bothersome biting insect.
(d) A pounded yam.
5. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
(a) Many pieces of jewelry.
(b) A dress made of scraps of cloth from the villagers.
(c) She is buried without clothes.
(d) A white dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
3. Who or what is emi esu?
4. What is an "oro"?
5. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)