|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(b) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(d) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
2. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(b) The child is paraded around town.
(c) The child is whipped.
(d) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
3. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(b) She cries.
(c) She fakes trances.
(d) She punches him on his arm.
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(b) He tries to run away to the coast.
(c) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(d) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
5. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
(b) The furniture was rearranged.
(c) Essay always looking worried.
(d) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
2. What are egungun?
3. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
4. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
5. What is an "oro"?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)