|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(b) Ivory Coast.
2. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(b) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(c) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
(d) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
3. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(a) Wild Christian.
4. What is a "saara?"
(a) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(b) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(c) A blanket used in the winter months.
(d) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
5. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(b) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(c) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(d) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
2. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
4. What is an "oro"?
5. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)