|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(a) Smoked meats.
(d) Musical scores.
2. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He sells books.
(b) He is a merchant of jewelry.
(c) He mends fences.
(d) He teaches astronomy.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(d) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
4. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(b) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(c) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(d) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
2. Who or what is "Jonah"?
3. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)