|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(b) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
(c) Wole attended a long church service.
(d) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
2. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(b) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(c) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(d) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
3. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(b) Police officer.
4. What are egungun?
(a) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(b) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(c) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(d) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyan?
2. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)