|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(b) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(c) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(d) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Where is my dog?
(b) Osiki ate all the yam.
(c) I am hungry.
(d) Who are you people?
3. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
(b) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(c) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
(d) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
4. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(b) Musical scores.
(d) Smoked meats.
5. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(b) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(c) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(d) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
3. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
5. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)