|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(b) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(c) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
(d) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
2. How did Essay get his name?
(a) Essay calls everyone by the familiar "Ese."
(b) His real initials are S.A., and Essay is a soundalike name.
(c) He is a masterful writer.
(d) "Essay" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a snake makes, and Essay is mistrusted like a snake.
3. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole attended a long church service.
(b) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(c) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(d) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(b) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(c) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
(d) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
5. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are deprived of food for a week.
(b) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(c) They are expelled from school.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
2. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
3. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What are egungun?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)