|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Playing tag.
(c) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(d) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
3. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(b) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(c) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(d) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
5. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(b) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(c) Wole brought a rabbit home.
(d) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
3. What are egungun?
4. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)