|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(b) Paa Adatan.
(d) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are deprived of food for a week.
(b) They are expelled from school.
(c) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
3. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(b) He breaks a window playing ball.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
4. What are ghommids?
(a) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(b) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(c) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(d) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is rushed to a hospital.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
3. What is a "saara?"
4. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
5. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)