|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He sells books.
(b) He mends fences.
(c) He teaches astronomy.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
2. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks a window playing ball.
(b) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
3. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A pen.
(b) A javelin.
(c) A rusty nail.
(d) A scythe.
4. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(b) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(c) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(d) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
5. What are ghommids?
(a) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(b) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(c) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(d) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
3. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
4. Who is "Tinu?"
5. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)