|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(b) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(c) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(d) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
2. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(d) Wild Christian.
3. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(b) He breaks a window playing ball.
(c) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(d) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
4. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(b) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(c) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
5. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher came to school drunk.
(b) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(c) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(d) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
3. What are ghommids?
4. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)