|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(b) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(c) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(d) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
3. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(b) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(c) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(d) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
4. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(b) Mrs. B.
(d) Wild Christian.
5. What is a "saara?"
(a) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(b) A blanket used in the winter months.
(c) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(d) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who or what is "Jonah"?
3. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
4. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. How did Essay get his name?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)