|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(b) Wild Man.
(c) Pa Delumo.
2. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(b) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(c) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
(d) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
3. What are egungun?
(a) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(b) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(c) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(d) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
4. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
(b) The area behind Wole's house.
(c) Wole's imaginary friend.
(d) The family home's welcome mat.
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) The cleaning staff of the compound.
(b) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
(c) Female students.
(d) Male teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are ghommids?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
4. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
5. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)