|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Who are you people?
(b) I am hungry.
(c) Osiki ate all the yam.
(d) Where is my dog?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken by boat.
(b) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(c) He is taken by train.
(d) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
3. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(b) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(c) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(d) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
4. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Wole's great aunt.
(c) Wole's older sister.
(d) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
5. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(b) He breaks a window playing ball.
(c) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(d) He makes a hunting gun go off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are egungun?
2. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
3. How did Essay get his name?
4. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)