|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(a) Wild Christian.
(d) Mrs. B.
2. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(b) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(c) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(d) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(b) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(c) Playing tag.
(d) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
4. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(b) Wole's older sister.
(c) Wole's great aunt.
(d) A local mystic.
5. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(b) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(c) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(d) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
2. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
4. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
5. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)