|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(c) Wild Christian.
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(b) They are expelled from school.
(c) They are deprived of food for a week.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
3. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(b) She fakes trances.
(c) She punches him on his arm.
(d) She cries.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(b) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(c) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(d) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
5. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(b) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(c) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(d) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
2. What are egungun?
3. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
5. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)