|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(b) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(d) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He tries to run away to the coast.
(b) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(c) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(d) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
4. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) The family home's welcome mat.
(b) Wole's imaginary friend.
(c) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
(d) The area behind Wole's house.
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) The cleaning staff of the compound.
(b) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
(c) Female students.
(d) Male teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are egungun?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
4. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
5. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)