|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher came to school drunk.
(b) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(c) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(d) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
2. How did Essay get his name?
(a) His real initials are S.A., and Essay is a soundalike name.
(b) "Essay" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a snake makes, and Essay is mistrusted like a snake.
(c) He is a masterful writer.
(d) Essay calls everyone by the familiar "Ese."
3. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
(b) Paa Adatan.
(d) Pa Delumo.
4. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are deprived of food for a week.
(b) They are expelled from school.
(c) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
5. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(b) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(c) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(d) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
4. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)