|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(b) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(c) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(d) He tries to run away to the coast.
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(b) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(c) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(d) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
3. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
(b) They are deprived of food for a week.
(c) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(d) They are expelled from school.
4. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(b) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(c) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(d) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
5. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(b) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(c) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(d) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is "Jonah"?
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
4. What is an iyan?
5. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)