|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(b) His home has run out of yams.
(c) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(d) He can't go to school, and wants to.
2. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(b) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
3. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(b) Musical scores.
(c) Smoked meats.
4. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(d) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
5. What is a "saara?"
(a) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(b) A blanket used in the winter months.
(c) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(d) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
2. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
3. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
5. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)