|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Wild Christian.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(b) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(c) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(d) That she has shoes, and he does not.
3. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(b) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(c) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(c) Ivory Coast.
5. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(b) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(c) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(d) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
3. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)