|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(b) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(c) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(d) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
3. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(b) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(c) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(d) His home has run out of yams.
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
5. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. B.
(b) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
5. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)