|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
2. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(b) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(d) Playing tag.
3. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is exposed to a marching band.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(d) He sees a naked woman bathing.
4. What are ghommids?
(a) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(b) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(c) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(d) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(b) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(c) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(d) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
2. What is a "saara?"
3. What are egungun?
4. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)