|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(b) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(c) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(d) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(b) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(c) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(d) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
3. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
4. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(b) Police officer.
5. What is an iyan?
(a) A pounded yam.
(b) A see-saw playground toy.
(c) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(d) A bothersome biting insect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
3. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
5. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)