|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
2. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
3. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(b) He is taken by boat.
(c) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(d) He is taken by train.
4. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) Wole's older sister.
(b) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(c) A local mystic.
(d) Wole's great aunt.
5. What are ghommids?
(a) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(b) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(c) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(d) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
2. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)