|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(b) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(c) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(d) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
2. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(b) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(c) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(d) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(d) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
4. What is an "oro"?
(a) A tribal tattoo.
(b) A type of Nigerian currency.
(c) A flat shoe.
(d) A nature spirit.
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Wild Man.
(d) Pa Delumo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
2. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
5. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)