|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are expelled from school.
(b) They are deprived of food for a week.
(c) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
2. What are ghommids?
(a) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(b) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(c) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(d) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
3. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) He is exposed to a marching band.
(d) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
4. What is a "saara?"
(a) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(b) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(c) A blanket used in the winter months.
(d) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(c) Ivory Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are egungun?
2. Who is "Tinu?"
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)