|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(b) That it is full of deadly poison.
(c) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(d) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
2. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(c) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
3. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
4. What are egungun?
(a) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(b) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(c) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(d) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
5. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(b) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(c) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(d) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
2. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
3. What is an iyan?
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)