|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A majestic zebra.
(b) Girls learning to sew.
(c) A group of potion-makers.
(d) The mill.
2. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(a) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(b) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(c) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(d) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
4. What are egungun?
(a) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(b) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(c) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(d) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
5. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(b) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(c) He is exposed to a marching band.
(d) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
3. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)