|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(d) Police officer.
2. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
3. What is an "oro"?
(a) A nature spirit.
(b) A type of Nigerian currency.
(c) A flat shoe.
(d) A tribal tattoo.
4. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are expelled from school.
(b) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(c) They are deprived of food for a week.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(b) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(c) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(d) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an "abiku?"
2. Who is "Tinu?"
3. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)