|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(b) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(c) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(d) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(b) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(c) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(d) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
3. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) The mill.
(b) Girls learning to sew.
(c) A majestic zebra.
(d) A group of potion-makers.
4. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(b) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(c) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(d) Wole brought a rabbit home.
5. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(b) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(c) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(d) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
2. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)