|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(b) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(c) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(d) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
2. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A pen.
(b) A scythe.
(c) A javelin.
(d) A rusty nail.
3. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(b) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(c) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(d) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
4. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) They are physical neighbors.
(b) A love of good food.
(c) A fondness for Tinu.
(d) A love of the spoken word.
5. What is an "oro"?
(a) A tribal tattoo.
(b) A type of Nigerian currency.
(c) A nature spirit.
(d) A flat shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
2. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
3. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
4. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)