|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A pen.
(b) A scythe.
(c) A rusty nail.
(d) A javelin.
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) I am hungry.
(b) Osiki ate all the yam.
(c) Where is my dog?
(d) Who are you people?
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(b) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(d) Playing tag.
4. How did Essay get his name?
(a) "Essay" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a snake makes, and Essay is mistrusted like a snake.
(b) Essay calls everyone by the familiar "Ese."
(c) His real initials are S.A., and Essay is a soundalike name.
(d) He is a masterful writer.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(b) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(c) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(d) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an "oro"?
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
5. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)