|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "saara?"
(a) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(b) A blanket used in the winter months.
(c) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(d) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(b) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(c) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(d) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(b) Ivory Coast.
4. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(b) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(c) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(d) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Wild Man.
(c) Pa Delumo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
2. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
4. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
5. What is an "abiku?"
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)