|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(b) Mrs. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
2. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(b) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(c) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(d) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(b) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(c) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(d) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(d) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
5. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(c) Wole's great aunt.
(d) Wole's older sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
4. What are ghommids?
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)