|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an iyan?
(a) A see-saw playground toy.
(b) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(c) A pounded yam.
(d) A bothersome biting insect.
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) He is exposed to a marching band.
(d) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
3. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(b) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(c) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(d) That it is full of deadly poison.
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Who are you people?
(b) Where is my dog?
(c) Osiki ate all the yam.
(d) I am hungry.
5. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He sells books.
(b) He mends fences.
(c) He teaches astronomy.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
4. What are egungun?
5. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)