|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(b) He is taken by train.
(c) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(d) He is taken by boat.
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are expelled from school.
(b) They are deprived of food for a week.
(c) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
3. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(b) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(c) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(d) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(b) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(c) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(d) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
5. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Paa Adatan.
(b) Pa Delumo.
(d) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "saara?"
2. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
4. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)