|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(b) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(c) Playing tag.
(d) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
2. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A love of the spoken word.
(b) They are physical neighbors.
(c) A fondness for Tinu.
(d) A love of good food.
3. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(b) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
(c) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(d) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
4. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(b) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(c) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(d) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
5. What are ghommids?
(a) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(b) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(c) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(d) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
2. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
3. What is an "abiku?"
4. What is a "saara?"
5. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)