|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(b) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Who are you people?
(b) I am hungry.
(c) Where is my dog?
(d) Osiki ate all the yam.
3. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(b) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(c) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(d) Wole brought a rabbit home.
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(b) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(c) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(d) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
4. What is an iyan?
5. What is an "oro"?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)