|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(b) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
(c) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(d) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
2. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
(b) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(c) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(d) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
3. What are egungun?
(a) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(b) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(c) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(d) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
4. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
(b) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(c) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(d) Wole brought a rabbit home.
5. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
2. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
4. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
5. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)