|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) Wole's older sister.
(b) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(c) A local mystic.
(d) Wole's great aunt.
2. What is a "saara?"
(a) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(b) A blanket used in the winter months.
(c) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(d) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(c) Wild Man.
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(b) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(c) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(d) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
5. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What are egungun?
3. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
5. What is an "oro"?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)