|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He is a merchant of jewelry.
(b) He mends fences.
(c) He sells books.
(d) He teaches astronomy.
2. What is a "saara?"
(a) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(b) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(c) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(d) A blanket used in the winter months.
3. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. B.
(b) Wild Christian.
4. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
5. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(a) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
2. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
4. What is an iyan?
5. What is an "oro"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)