|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(b) He is exposed to a marching band.
(c) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(d) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A group of potion-makers.
(b) A majestic zebra.
(c) Girls learning to sew.
(d) The mill.
3. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
(b) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(c) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
(d) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
4. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(b) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(c) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(d) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
5. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(c) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
(d) Paa Adatan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
2. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
3. What are egungun?
4. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
5. Who is "Tinu?"
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)