|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are expelled from school.
(b) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(c) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
(d) They are deprived of food for a week.
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(a) Wild Christian.
(d) Mrs. B.
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(b) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(c) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(d) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
5. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(b) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(c) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(d) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
3. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
4. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
5. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)