|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(b) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(c) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(d) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(b) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
3. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(c) Police officer.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(b) Playing tag.
(c) Building a small house from strips of wood.
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(c) Wild Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
2. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
3. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
4. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What is a "saara?"
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)