|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are egungun?
(a) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(b) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(c) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(d) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
2. What is an iyan?
(a) A bothersome biting insect.
(b) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(c) A pounded yam.
(d) A see-saw playground toy.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(b) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(c) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(d) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
4. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(b) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(c) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
(a) Male teachers.
(b) It is a guest house for visiting dignitaries.
(c) The cleaning staff of the compound.
(d) Female students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
4. Who is "Tinu?"
5. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)