|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
(a) Mr. B is afraid of being caught by the police at his own home.
(b) Mr. B loves to eat their food.
(c) Mr. B tires of his daughter.
(d) Mr. B loves to listen to their radio.
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(b) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(c) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(d) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
3. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Where is my dog?
(b) Osiki ate all the yam.
(c) Who are you people?
(d) I am hungry.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(b) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she has shoes, and he does not.
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(b) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(c) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(d) That it is full of deadly poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are ghommids?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)