Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) He is exposed to a marching band.
(d) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
2. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
(a) He has heard the discipline at the college is especially harsh.
(b) He doubts an organization that uses white people to teach black people.
(c) He doubts they teach anything useful beyond what grammar school teaches.
(d) He doubts an organization that accepts only men.
3. What are the caravanserai?
(a) A group akin to the American mafia.
(b) Headmasters of grammar schools.
(c) Merchants from Isara.
(d) A group of holy men.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(b) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
5. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
(b) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(c) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(d) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
3. What contradiction does Wole see in Daodu?
4. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
5. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)