|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Playing tag.
(b) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(c) Building a small house from strips of wood.
2. What is kasada?
(a) Crayfish stew.
(b) Coconut cake.
(c) A large, fleshy melon.
(d) Wole's dismissive term for all Western influences.
3. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Win the War.
(b) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(c) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(d) Take my wife, please!
4. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(c) Wole's older sister.
(d) Wole's great aunt.
5. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(b) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
(c) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
(d) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
2. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
3. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
4. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
5. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)