|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A fondness for Tinu.
(b) A love of good food.
(c) A love of the spoken word.
(d) They are physical neighbors.
2. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
(a) A pair of overalls worn to protect against stinging insects.
(b) Someone who disturbs the brush to locate animals for hunters.
(c) Anything that is seemingly magical, such as the radio.
(d) Wild Christian's infamous stick she uses to punish children.
3. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) The furniture was rearranged.
(b) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
(c) Essay always looking worried.
(d) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
4. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(c) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
5. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Essay hire a photographer in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
5. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)