Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Essay get his name?
(a) He is a masterful writer.
(b) "Essay" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a snake makes, and Essay is mistrusted like a snake.
(c) His real initials are S.A., and Essay is a soundalike name.
(d) Essay calls everyone by the familiar "Ese."
2. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) A riot of smells.
(b) Sweet and airy like a cake.
(c) Given to change like a chameleon.
(d) Hot, humid, and sticky.
3. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A rusty nail.
(b) A javelin.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A pen.
4. What is a "saara?"
(a) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(b) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(c) A blanket used in the winter months.
(d) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
5. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(d) He is exposed to a marching band.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
4. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
5. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)