Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an "oro"?
(a) A nature spirit.
(b) A flat shoe.
(c) A tribal tattoo.
(d) A type of Nigerian currency.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
(d) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
3. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She punches him on his arm.
(b) She cries.
(c) She fakes trances.
(d) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
4. What are ghommids?
(a) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(b) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(c) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(d) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
5. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(c) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
2. What is a "saara?"
3. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
4. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)