|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
(b) A young orphan died from starvation.
(c) A woman was raped by a policeman.
(d) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
2. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(b) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(c) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
(d) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
3. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Wole writes from the perspective of Wild Christian.
(b) Wole breaks from his childhood narrative to speak about the present-day.
(c) Wole begins speaking directly to an unnamed friend.
(d) Wole speaks in rhyme.
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(b) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(c) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(d) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
5. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) To remind him of his dead wife.
(b) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
(c) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(d) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
4. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
5. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)