|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(b) She fakes trances.
(c) She cries.
(d) She punches him on his arm.
2. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(b) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(c) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(d) He tries to run away to the coast.
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(b) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is rushed to a hospital.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. B.
(c) Stray children from the village.
5. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(b) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(c) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(d) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
2. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
3. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
4. What is an "oro"?
5. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)