|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
(a) The Ake Women's Collective.
(b) Women's Advocacy Organization.
(c) Many Voices, One Voice.
(d) The Egba Women's Union.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Stray children from the village.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. B.
3. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(b) A strange medicine man.
4. What do the women do to symbolically strip the local chiefs of their power?
(a) They burn paper money issued by the chiefs.
(b) They strip the chiefs of their scarves.
(c) They knock over a totem pole.
(d) They break their walking staffs.
5. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
(b) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
(c) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(d) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
2. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
3. Who is "Tinu?"
4. What positive omen takes place during the protest at the end of Chapter 14?
5. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)