|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the end of Wee-Wee's lashing of a boy in Chapter 12?
(a) The students applause Wee-Wee for his rigorous lashing.
(b) The teachers stop Wee-Wee from doing any more harm to the boy.
(c) Wee-Wee is weak, and by the last lash he is exhausted.
(d) Wee-Wee has second thoughts, and only delivers half of the lashings.
2. What does the derogatory term "agb'eyin-to" refer to?
(a) Westernized Africans.
(d) White men.
3. Where does Sorowanke live, according to Chapter 10?
(a) Dayisi's Walk.
(b) Mr. B's house.
(c) The parking lot of a McDonald's.
(d) In a shanty town by the river.
4. What form does the protest at the Alake compound eventually take?
(a) It devolves into a massacre.
(b) The women refuse to eat until their demands are met.
(c) A sit-in protest.
(d) The women take several chiefs hostage.
5. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
(a) She is reviled, and fruit is thrown at her.
(b) The return happens without incident.
(c) She is given a hero's welcome.
(d) She is given an award from the local governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole receive lashings in Chapter 12?
2. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
3. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
4. What is Father's religion?
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)