|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Take my wife, please!
(b) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(c) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(d) Win the War.
2. What is ogiri?
(a) Street orphans.
(b) Coconut cake.
(c) A type of cheese product.
(d) A swear word.
3. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(c) Smoked meats.
(d) Musical scores.
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
(a) Leaden and noxious.
(b) Baked-in grease.
(c) Ordered mustiness.
(d) Imagination stifling.
5. What possibility drives Wole into a depression in Chapter 11?
(a) The possibility he will never be able to attend college.
(b) The possibility that Essay may die.
(c) The possibility his baby sister may die.
(d) The possibility that Hitler may win World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
3. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
4. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
5. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)