|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
2. How does the Alake respond initially to the women's group demands?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He gives in to the demands.
(c) He immediately resigns.
(d) He is calm and measured.
3. What is tinko?
(a) A small truck used to transport villagers.
(b) Tinsel wrapping for gifts.
(c) Pennies for church tithe.
(d) Lean meat fried to a hard crisp.
4. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(b) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
(c) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(d) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
5. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
(b) Uncle Dipo.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Mr. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
2. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
3. Where does Sorowanke live, according to Chapter 10?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
5. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)