|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(b) He is exposed to a marching band.
(c) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
(d) He sees a naked woman bathing.
2. Who interrupts the festival given to Beere when she returns from England?
(a) An orphan boy.
(b) A naked woman.
(d) Paa Adatan.
3. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Paa Adatan.
(c) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
(d) Pa Delumo.
4. At the end of Chapter 10, what is the status of Sorowanke?
(a) She is driven from the town, but the city elders record her tale for posterity.
(b) She is driven from the town and forgotten.
(c) She becomes the owner of a successful coconut cake shop.
(d) She settles down and raises a family.
5. How long does the mob violence at the Alake compound last?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
2. What is Father's religion?
3. What form does the protest at the Alake compound eventually take?
4. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
5. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)