|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is akara?
(a) A salve used to treat bee stings.
(b) A process of application to become a holy man.
(c) Fried bean cake.
(d) A spirit of the forest.
2. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
(a) Mama Aduni.
(d) Bada Dooey.
3. What is tinko?
(a) Lean meat fried to a hard crisp.
(b) A small truck used to transport villagers.
(c) Pennies for church tithe.
(d) Tinsel wrapping for gifts.
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(b) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(c) He tries to run away to the coast.
(d) He pours a glass of water over himself.
5. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(b) His home has run out of yams.
(c) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(d) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
2. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
4. What form does the protest at the Alake compound eventually take?
5. What is Beere's relationship to Daodu?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)