|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
(a) She is reviled, and fruit is thrown at her.
(b) She is given an award from the local governor.
(c) The return happens without incident.
(d) She is given a hero's welcome.
2. What are ghommids?
(a) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(b) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(c) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(d) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
(b) Mr. and Mrs. B.
(d) Stray children from the village.
4. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(b) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(c) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
5. What are egungun?
(a) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(b) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(c) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(d) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibility drives Wole into a depression in Chapter 11?
2. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
3. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
5. How long does the mob violence at the Alake compound last?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)