|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(b) Froo Froo.
2. How does Wild Christian respond to the mob violence in Chapter 14?
(a) Wild Christian doesn't believe violence is the way, and she refuses to participate.
(b) Wild Christian betrays the women's group to the local police.
(c) Wild Christian tries to strangle the Alake.
(d) Wild Christian is among the most violent instigators in the mob.
3. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
(a) That Wole will always attend church.
(b) That Wole will travel to America.
(c) That Wole will attend college.
(d) That Wole will never lie again.
4. How does Wole react to the rite of manhood he endures in Chapter 9?
(a) Wole endures the pain easily, and is congratulated by Father.
(b) Wole nearly dies, and is rushed to the hospital.
(c) Wole laughs during the process, and Father thinks he is going mad.
(d) It is so painful, Wole sometimes feels as if he is in a dream.
5. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
(a) Essay installs the light bulb in Wole's room, so he can't sleep.
(b) Essay pretends it takes a magical spell to turn the light on.
(c) When Wole breaks the light bulb, Essay pretends the light bulb cost hundreds of dollars.
(d) Essay gets Wole to believe it is a spirit trapped in a bottle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does the Alake have?
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
3. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
4. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of Sorowanke's boyfriend?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)