|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(b) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(c) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(d) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
2. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(b) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(c) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(d) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(c) Wild Christian.
4. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
(b) He gives an amulet to Wole.
(c) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
(d) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
5. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
2. What position does the Alake have?
3. What friend does Wole make in the church choir?
4. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Beere travel to England in Chapter 13?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)