|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(b) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(c) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(d) He tries to run away to the coast.
2. What is tinko?
(a) Pennies for church tithe.
(b) Lean meat fried to a hard crisp.
(c) A small truck used to transport villagers.
(d) Tinsel wrapping for gifts.
3. What is Father's religion?
(a) Roman Catholic.
(b) He believes in traditional tribal spirits.
4. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
(a) Wole refuses to utter the Lord's Prayer.
(b) Wole refuses to shake the hand of the mayor.
(c) Wole refuses to prostrate himself before a chief.
(d) Wole refuses to remove his shoes.
5. How does Wole react to the rite of manhood he endures in Chapter 9?
(a) Wole laughs during the process, and Father thinks he is going mad.
(b) Wole nearly dies, and is rushed to the hospital.
(c) Wole endures the pain easily, and is congratulated by Father.
(d) It is so painful, Wole sometimes feels as if he is in a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
3. Who interrupts the festival given to Beere when she returns from England?
4. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)