|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(d) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
2. In Chapter 14, what unites the unions being created across Africa?
(a) All the unions are created and run by women.
(b) A call for the end to the white man's rule.
(c) A call for higher education standards.
(d) A central leadership group called the African Committee.
3. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
(b) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(c) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(d) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
4. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
(b) The area behind Wole's house.
(c) The family home's welcome mat.
(d) Wole's imaginary friend.
5. What best describes Kemberi's oratorical style?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
2. What is an iyan?
3. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
4. Why does Wole receive lashings in Chapter 12?
5. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)