|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Daodu?
(c) Extremely handsome.
2. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(b) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
(c) They are deprived of food for a week.
(d) They are expelled from school.
3. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
(a) He dreams he is falling down a waterfall.
(b) He dreams a 12-foot-tall ogre is chasing him.
(c) He dreams he is in a labyrinth and cannot find a way out.
(d) He dreams snakes are attacking him.
4. Who does the Alake summon to his residence in response to the women's protest?
(a) His spiritual adviser.
(b) Local chiefs.
(c) The British military.
5. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(b) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(c) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(d) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
2. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
3. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
4. Who or what is "Jonah"?
5. How does Wild Christian respond to the mob violence in Chapter 14?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)