|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(b) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(c) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(d) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
2. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(b) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
(c) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(d) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is rushed to a hospital.
(b) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(d) Ivory Coast.
5. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(b) Wild Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
3. What do the women do to symbolically strip the local chiefs of their power?
4. What is kasada?
5. What is the name of the market Wole travels through on the way to choir practice?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)