|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(b) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
(c) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(d) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
2. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(b) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
(c) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(d) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
4. Who interrupts the festival given to Beere when she returns from England?
(b) Paa Adatan.
(c) An orphan boy.
(d) A naked woman.
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(b) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(c) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(d) That it is full of deadly poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
2. How is Beere received when she returns from England?
3. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
4. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
5. Odemo is the chief of which town?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)