|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
(a) He enjoys the taste.
(b) He is disgusted by it, even though his family loves it.
(c) It is a staple of his diet, and he has no strong opinion about it.
(d) He is never able to try it.
2. In Chapter 7, what does the baby return from the hospital with?
(a) A plaster cast around her torso.
(b) Two long feeding tubes inserted into her arms.
(c) A miniature version of an iron lung machine.
(d) A cast around both feet.
3. What does Wole think about the Westernizing of his culture?
(a) He believes Westernization can be the salvation of his people.
(b) He thinks Western influences should be limited to pop culture.
(c) Western influences are harmful.
(d) He has fully embraced Western culture.
4. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
(a) Froo Froo.
5. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He teaches astronomy.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He mends fences.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
2. How does the Alake respond initially to the women's group demands?
3. What is tinko?
4. What complaint does Wole make at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)