|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is full of deadly poison.
(b) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(c) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(d) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
2. In Chapter 14, what unites the unions being created across Africa?
(a) All the unions are created and run by women.
(b) A central leadership group called the African Committee.
(c) A call for higher education standards.
(d) A call for the end to the white man's rule.
3. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His great bulk.
(b) His bushy moustache.
(c) His bulging eyes.
(d) His thick accent.
4. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A term of affection for a young woman.
(b) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(c) A large, leafy plant.
(d) A respected village elder.
5. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(b) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
(c) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(d) To remind him of his dead wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
2. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
3. What is ogiri?
4. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
5. What is an ogboni?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)