|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
(a) Wole refuses to shake the hand of the mayor.
(b) Wole refuses to utter the Lord's Prayer.
(c) Wole refuses to remove his shoes.
(d) Wole refuses to prostrate himself before a chief.
2. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His bulging eyes.
(b) His great bulk.
(c) His thick accent.
(d) His bushy moustache.
3. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(a) Smoked meats.
(b) Musical scores.
4. What friend does Wole make in the church choir?
(d) Broda Pupa.
5. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Wole's great aunt.
(c) Wole's older sister.
(d) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
3. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
5. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)