|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an "oro"?
(a) A tribal tattoo.
(b) A type of Nigerian currency.
(c) A nature spirit.
(d) A flat shoe.
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(b) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(c) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(d) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
3. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(b) He is taken by train.
(c) He is taken by boat.
(d) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
4. What happens to the naked woman at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) She doesn't say a word, and she is taken to the police station.
(b) She is dragged to the police station after a fierce fight.
(c) She is applauded for her boldness and given an award.
(d) She is beaten and paraded through the streets to humiliate her.
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is full of deadly poison.
(b) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(c) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(d) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
2. Who does the Alake summon to his residence in response to the women's protest?
3. What town is Essay from, originally?
4. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
5. What is unusual about the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)