|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(b) The teacher came to school drunk.
(c) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(d) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
2. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) They begin to write their own radio plays.
(b) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(c) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
(d) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
3. How long does the mob violence at the Alake compound last?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Where is my dog?
(b) I am hungry.
(c) Who are you people?
(d) Osiki ate all the yam.
5. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) A local mystic.
(b) Wole's older sister.
(c) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(d) Wole's great aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Mrs. Odufuwa give Wole?
2. What is ogiri?
3. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
4. What does Essay make Wole promise him in Chapter 11?
5. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)