|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "saara?"
(a) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(b) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(c) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(d) A blanket used in the winter months.
2. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(a) Police officer.
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(b) Wild Christian.
4. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
5. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(b) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(c) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(d) Quiet, and thoughtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)