|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A rusty nail.
(c) A javelin.
(d) A pen.
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(b) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(c) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(d) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
3. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(b) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(c) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(d) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
4. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
(d) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
5. What is a "saara?"
(a) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(b) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(c) A blanket used in the winter months.
(d) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
5. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)