|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He tries to run away to the coast.
(b) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(c) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(d) He pours a glass of water over himself.
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) Girls learning to sew.
(b) The mill.
(c) A group of potion-makers.
(d) A majestic zebra.
3. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(b) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(c) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(d) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
4. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(a) Musical scores.
(d) Smoked meats.
5. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is exposed to a marching band.
(b) He is kidnapped by a homeless man.
(c) He sees a naked woman bathing.
(d) For the first time, he eats a delicious variety of pounded yam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
2. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
4. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
5. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)