|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She punches him on his arm.
(b) She cries.
(c) She fakes trances.
(d) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
2. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(b) He tries to run away to the coast.
(c) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(d) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(b) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(c) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(d) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(b) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(d) Playing tag.
5. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(b) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(c) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
(d) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
3. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
4. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)