|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(b) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(d) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
2. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken by train.
(b) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(c) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(d) He is taken by boat.
3. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(b) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(c) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(d) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
4. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A pen.
(c) A rusty nail.
(d) A javelin.
5. What is an "oro"?
(a) A tribal tattoo.
(b) A nature spirit.
(c) A flat shoe.
(d) A type of Nigerian currency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
2. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
3. What are egungun?
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
5. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)