|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(c) Ivory Coast.
2. What is a "saara?"
(a) A blanket used in the winter months.
(b) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(c) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(d) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
3. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(b) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(c) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(d) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
4. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(a) Smoked meats.
(b) Musical scores.
5. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(b) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(c) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(d) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
2. Wole begins the narrative starting when he was what age?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
5. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)