|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an "abiku?"
(a) A fearsome goat-demon said to haunt farmers.
(b) A light breeze said to be an omen of luck and good fortune.
(c) A spirit child halfway between the dead and living.
(d) A pejorative term for someone who gossips.
2. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(b) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(c) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
(d) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The fact that Wole can read at one year of age.
(b) Tinu's sudden recovery from a bad fever.
(c) Osiki's ability to not cause mischief during a church service.
(d) The fact that Wole did not lose an eye to a bad accident.
4. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) Wole's older sister.
(b) Wole's great aunt.
(c) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(d) A local mystic.
5. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(b) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(c) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(d) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
3. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
4. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
5. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)