|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an iyan?
(a) A bothersome biting insect.
(b) A pounded yam.
(c) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(d) A see-saw playground toy.
2. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
(a) Wole's singing was too loud and off key.
(b) Wole did not tell her he was planning a party with so many guests.
(c) Wole brought a rabbit home.
(d) Wole got pomegranate juice all over the floor and table.
3. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) A group of potion-makers.
(b) A majestic zebra.
(c) The mill.
(d) Girls learning to sew.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(b) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(c) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(d) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
5. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A pen.
(b) A javelin.
(c) A rusty nail.
(d) A scythe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are egungun?
2. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
3. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
4. What is an "oro"?
5. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)