|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(b) His home has run out of yams.
(c) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(d) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
2. How did Essay get his name?
(a) His real initials are S.A., and Essay is a soundalike name.
(b) "Essay" is an onomatopoeia for the sound a snake makes, and Essay is mistrusted like a snake.
(c) Essay calls everyone by the familiar "Ese."
(d) He is a masterful writer.
3. What is a "saara?"
(a) A feast given as an offering to spirits.
(b) A tree with sweet-tasting sap.
(c) A gathering of both boy and girl students.
(d) A blanket used in the winter months.
4. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She cries.
(b) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
(c) She punches him on his arm.
(d) She fakes trances.
5. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(b) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(c) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(d) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are egungun?
2. What is an "oro"?
3. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
4. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
5. Who lives in BishopsCourt?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)