|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(b) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(c) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
2. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(b) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
(c) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(d) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
3. What is an "oro"?
(a) A flat shoe.
(b) A type of Nigerian currency.
(c) A tribal tattoo.
(d) A nature spirit.
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He mends fences.
(b) He is a merchant of jewelry.
(c) He sells books.
(d) He teaches astronomy.
5. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
4. Why does Wole believe Mr. B spends so much time at Wole's family's house?
5. Who is "Tinu?"
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)