|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(b) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(c) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(d) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(b) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(c) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(d) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
3. What are ghommids?
(a) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(b) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
(c) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(d) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(b) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(c) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(d) That she has shoes, and he does not.
5. In Chapter 1, how is Uncle Sanya cured of his spirit possession?
(a) Uncle Sanya is drained of a pint of blood.
(b) The offending spirits are given food to placate them.
(c) Uncle Sanya is taken to a high mountain, where the spirits cannot reach.
(d) Uncle Sanya is confined in a hut for 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
3. How did Essay get his name?
4. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
5. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)