|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an iyan?
(a) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(b) A pounded yam.
(c) A see-saw playground toy.
(d) A bothersome biting insect.
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(b) Wild Christian.
(c) Mrs. B.
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
4. What are ghommids?
(a) Mystical fruits that grant immortality.
(b) Forest creatures which hunt for children.
(c) Fashionable shoes that schoolchildren wear.
(d) Gifts provided to the parents of a woman of marriageable age.
5. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(b) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(c) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(d) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
2. What is an "abiku?"
3. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
4. Who or what is "Jonah"?
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)