|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(a) Police officer.
2. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(b) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(c) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
3. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
(b) He is rushed to a hospital.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
4. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
(a) He teaches astronomy.
(b) He sells books.
(c) He mends fences.
(d) He is a merchant of jewelry.
5. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
(a) Girls learning to sew.
(b) The mill.
(c) A group of potion-makers.
(d) A majestic zebra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)