|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "Tinu?"
(a) Wole's great aunt.
(b) A local mystic.
(c) Headmaster of the Grammar School.
(d) Wole's older sister.
2. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A love of good food.
(b) A love of the spoken word.
(c) A fondness for Tinu.
(d) They are physical neighbors.
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(b) Wild Christian.
4. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(b) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
(c) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(d) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
5. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(b) That it is full of deadly poison.
(c) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
(d) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
2. What does "Mr. B" do for a living?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
4. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)