|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A love of good food.
(b) A love of the spoken word.
(c) They are physical neighbors.
(d) A fondness for Tinu.
2. What does Bukola do to get her way with her father?
(a) She fakes trances.
(b) She punches him on his arm.
(c) She cries.
(d) She sits on the ground and won't budge.
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(c) Ivory Coast.
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(c) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(d) Playing tag.
5. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(b) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(c) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
3. What are egungun?
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)