|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
(a) Reverend J. J. Ransome-Kuti.
(b) Paa Adatan.
(c) Pa Delumo.
2. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(d) Police officer.
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(c) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(d) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
4. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A love of the spoken word.
(b) They are physical neighbors.
(c) A love of good food.
(d) A fondness for Tinu.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(b) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(c) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
(d) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
4. What is an "abiku?"
5. Which is NOT one of the things Wole sees during his first walking tour of Ake in Chapter 3?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)