|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. B.
(d) Wild Christian.
2. What is an iyan?
(a) A pounded yam.
(b) A spirit child halfway between life and death.
(c) A bothersome biting insect.
(d) A see-saw playground toy.
3. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(b) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(c) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(d) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
4. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(b) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
(c) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(d) Wole attended a long church service.
5. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The teacher makes use of him by having him cut the grass.
(b) The teacher is so amused, Wole is asked to teach the day's lesson.
(c) The teacher says Wole is welcome anytime.
(d) The teacher is angered, and has a long talk with Essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Essay get his name?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
3. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
4. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)