|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Where is my dog?
(b) Osiki ate all the yam.
(c) I am hungry.
(d) Who are you people?
2. What does Wole believe about the pomegranate fruit in Chapter 1?
(a) That it is full of deadly poison.
(b) That it is inhabited by the spirit of his ancestors.
(c) That it is the apple mentioned in the Bible that tempted Adam and Eve.
(d) That it can cure his mother's cancer.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(b) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(c) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(d) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
4. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(b) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
(c) Playing tag.
(d) Building a small house from strips of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Who is Headmaster of the Grammar School?
5. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)