|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A fondness for Tinu.
(b) A love of good food.
(c) They are physical neighbors.
(d) A love of the spoken word.
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(b) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(c) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(d) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
3. What is the name of Wole's hometown?
(a) Ivory Coast.
4. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(b) They are deprived of food for a week.
(c) They are expelled from school.
(d) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
5. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(b) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
(c) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(d) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
2. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
4. How did Essay get his name?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)