Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT a name given to the master of Wole's parsonage compound?
(a) Pa Delumo.
(c) Wild Man.
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(b) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(c) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(d) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
4. In Chapter 1, what punishment is given to young Wild Christian and Sanya for trespassing into the woods?
(a) They are deprived of food for a week.
(b) They are both forced to eat a powerful pepper plant.
(c) They are given half a dozen lashes apiece.
(d) They are expelled from school.
5. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A love of good food.
(b) They are physical neighbors.
(c) A love of the spoken word.
(d) A fondness for Tinu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyan?
2. What is the name of Wole's great uncle?
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
5. What is an "abiku?"
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)