|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(b) The teacher came to school drunk.
(c) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(d) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
2. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(c) Smoked meats.
(d) Musical scores.
3. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Take my wife, please!
(b) Win the War.
(c) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(d) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
4. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Wole is forced to sleep in a cave for four days.
(c) A hunt for a wild boar.
(d) Wole is forced to fight several men in the village.
5. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Sweet and airy like a cake.
(b) Given to change like a chameleon.
(c) Hot, humid, and sticky.
(d) A riot of smells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
2. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
5. Who or what is emi esu?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)