|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) A strange medicine man.
2. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) Essay always looking worried.
(b) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
(c) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
(d) The furniture was rearranged.
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(b) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(c) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(d) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
4. What are the caravanserai?
(a) A group of holy men.
(b) Merchants from Isara.
(c) A group akin to the American mafia.
(d) Headmasters of grammar schools.
5. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
(a) The spirit in the box.
(b) The prophet of universal information.
(c) One who speaks without expecting a reply.
(d) One with the scratchy voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
2. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
3. Odemo is the chief of which town?
4. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What advice does Broda Pupa give to Wole concerning bee stings?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)