|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) Wild Christian.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) His long-lost brother.
(d) Uncle Sanya.
2. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(b) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(c) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(d) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
3. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
(a) Police officer.
4. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A javelin.
(c) A rusty nail.
(d) A pen.
5. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
(d) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
2. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
3. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
5. Why does Wild Christian scold Wole during his birthday party in Chapter 2?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)