|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are egungun?
(a) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(b) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(c) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(d) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
2. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
(b) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(c) The child is paraded around town.
(d) The child is whipped.
3. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Wole is put in charge of making sure no sugar is missing from the sugar jar.
(b) Wole is given responsibility for distributing an underground newspaper.
(c) Wole is given responsibility for tending the backyard roses.
(d) Wole is asked to keep an eye on mischievous Osiki.
4. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(b) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
(c) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
(d) The man has terrible stomach pains.
5. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid wet her bed.
(b) The maid stole the sugar jar.
(c) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
(d) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
2. What does Father warn Wole about in Chapter 9 about grammar school?
3. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
5. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)