|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(b) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(c) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(d) He breaks a window playing ball.
2. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
(a) He refuses to bury the snake.
(b) The head.
(c) The entire snake.
(d) The rattle.
3. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
(a) The town is provincial and unsanitary.
(b) Isara is full of rich snobs who look down upon his family.
(c) He was promised an elephant statue from a trader, but he never got it.
(d) Wole does not receive any presents from Father.
4. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(b) Mr. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
5. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
(b) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
(c) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(d) They begin to write their own radio plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
2. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
4. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
5. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)