|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
(a) They are spies for Hitler, and one must be very careful speaking around them.
(b) They are valorous, and will fight to the death in combat.
(c) They are wild and lawless, and they raid villages.
(d) They are cowards and do not deserve the respect of the townspeople.
2. Which is NOT one of the things a punished child is subject to, according to Wole in Chapter 6?
(a) The child is paraded around town.
(b) The child is deprived of food until near starvation.
(c) The child is whipped.
(d) The child is made to dance to look foolish.
3. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
(a) The man had been stung countless times by bees.
(b) The man had been murdered, and has a dagger sticking out from his chest.
(c) The man is running from a murderous gang.
(d) The man has terrible stomach pains.
4. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(b) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(c) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(d) The teacher came to school drunk.
5. What are egungun?
(a) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(b) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
(c) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(d) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Why is Wole ordered kicked out of sleeping in Essay's bedroom in Chapter 6?
3. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
4. What advice does Broda Pupa give to Wole concerning bee stings?
5. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)