|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(b) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(c) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(d) He tries to run away to the coast.
2. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) Where is my dog?
(b) Who are you people?
(c) Osiki ate all the yam.
(d) I am hungry.
3. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(b) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(c) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(d) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
4. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is taken by train.
(b) He is taken by boat.
(c) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(d) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
5. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) The furniture was rearranged.
(b) Essay always looking worried.
(c) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
(d) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
2. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
4. What are egungun?
5. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)