|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
(a) That she can split a pomegranate, and he can not.
(b) That she gets the choicest morsels of bread, and he is stuck with hard crust.
(c) That she has shoes, and he does not.
(d) That she goes to school, and that he is too young to go.
2. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
3. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
(a) A fondness for Tinu.
(b) A love of good food.
(c) A love of the spoken word.
(d) They are physical neighbors.
4. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
(a) Wole refuses to shake the hand of the mayor.
(b) Wole refuses to utter the Lord's Prayer.
(c) Wole refuses to prostrate himself before a chief.
(d) Wole refuses to remove his shoes.
5. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
(a) I am hungry.
(b) Osiki ate all the yam.
(c) Where is my dog?
(d) Who are you people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
2. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
3. What is an iyan?
4. What is the teacher's reaction to young Wole coming to school uninvited at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. How does Wole react to the rite of manhood he endures in Chapter 9?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)