|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
(a) Wole refuses to shake the hand of the mayor.
(b) Wole refuses to prostrate himself before a chief.
(c) Wole refuses to remove his shoes.
(d) Wole refuses to utter the Lord's Prayer.
2. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(b) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(c) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(d) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
3. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(b) Playing tag.
(d) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
4. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
(a) Real milk was substituted for powdered milk.
(b) The sleeping mat was moved to another room.
(c) Essay always looking worried.
(d) The furniture was rearranged.
5. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(b) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
(c) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
(d) They begin to write their own radio plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is emi esu?
2. What is Wole's opinion of snake meat?
3. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Who visits Ake at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)