|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
(b) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(c) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(d) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
2. What are the caravanserai?
(a) Merchants from Isara.
(b) A group of holy men.
(c) Headmasters of grammar schools.
(d) A group akin to the American mafia.
3. What is Father's religion?
(b) Roman Catholic.
(c) He believes in traditional tribal spirits.
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) A riot of smells.
(b) Given to change like a chameleon.
(c) Sweet and airy like a cake.
(d) Hot, humid, and sticky.
5. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
(a) He runs a car into the tree.
(b) He charms the snake with a flute.
(c) He flings rocks at it until it drops down.
(d) He shakes the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
2. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
3. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
4. What is called "a miracle from God" at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What is NOT one of the changes Wole notices prior to his baby sister's birth?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)