|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(b) The teacher came to school drunk.
(c) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(d) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
2. What is a "beater" as Wole describes it in Chapter 9?
(a) A pair of overalls worn to protect against stinging insects.
(b) Someone who disturbs the brush to locate animals for hunters.
(c) Anything that is seemingly magical, such as the radio.
(d) Wild Christian's infamous stick she uses to punish children.
3. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
(a) Essay pretends it takes a magical spell to turn the light on.
(b) When Wole breaks the light bulb, Essay pretends the light bulb cost hundreds of dollars.
(c) Essay installs the light bulb in Wole's room, so he can't sleep.
(d) Essay gets Wole to believe it is a spirit trapped in a bottle.
4. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(b) Wild Christian.
5. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
3. When Wole sleeps with the other children in Chapter 6, what kind of nightmare does he have?
4. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
5. What is the occupation of the first white person Wole ever sees in Chapter 3?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)