|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. B punish her maid in Chapter 6?
(a) The maid stole the sugar jar.
(b) The maid did not clean the bathroom correctly.
(c) The maid was caught kissing a boy.
(d) The maid wet her bed.
2. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A term of affection for a young woman.
(b) A respected village elder.
(c) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(d) A large, leafy plant.
3. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
(a) Baked-in grease.
(b) Imagination stifling.
(c) Ordered mustiness.
(d) Leaden and noxious.
5. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
(a) Not cleaning the sleeping mat.
(b) Dropping the new baby.
(c) Having sex with a young man when they were away.
(d) Stealing powdered milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
2. In Chapter 7, how does Wole regard Mrs. Odufuwa?
3. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
4. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
5. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)