|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
(a) They are cowards and do not deserve the respect of the townspeople.
(b) They are spies for Hitler, and one must be very careful speaking around them.
(c) They are valorous, and will fight to the death in combat.
(d) They are wild and lawless, and they raid villages.
2. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
(a) A dozen townspeople.
(c) Wole and his cousin.
(d) Bote troops.
3. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
(c) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(d) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
4. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
(a) A dress made of scraps of cloth from the villagers.
(b) She is buried without clothes.
(c) A white dress.
(d) Many pieces of jewelry.
5. In Chapter 2, how does Wole entertain his guests during his fourth birthday party?
(a) Building a small house from strips of wood.
(c) Playing tag.
(d) Staging a swordfight with branches as swords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Wole to experience a bad eye accident in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
3. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
4. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
5. What is wrong with the man whom Wole and Broda Pupa encounter in Chapter 9 upon returning from the farm?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)