|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wole disappointed when he reaches Isara in Chapter 9?
(a) Isara is full of rich snobs who look down upon his family.
(b) The town is provincial and unsanitary.
(c) Wole does not receive any presents from Father.
(d) He was promised an elephant statue from a trader, but he never got it.
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(b) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(c) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
(d) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
3. What are egungun?
(a) Candles used during religious ceremonies.
(b) Two-story houses common throughout Ake.
(c) Mysterious ancestral spirits.
(d) The parsonage school's official rules of conduct.
4. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Essay's room?
(a) Baked-in grease.
(b) Imagination stifling.
(c) Leaden and noxious.
(d) Ordered mustiness.
5. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(b) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(c) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(d) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6, who sleeps on the communal mat in Wild Christian's room?
2. What do Essay and Christian accuse the maid of in Chapter 7?
3. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
4. What does Father warn Wole about in Chapter 9 about grammar school?
5. What do Osiki and Wole initially have in common?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)