|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father's religion?
(c) He believes in traditional tribal spirits.
(d) Roman Catholic.
2. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(b) Mr. B.
(d) Wild Christian.
3. What sin does Wole describe committing in Chapter 6?
(a) Tricking his sister into thinking a ghost is haunting her.
(b) Eating spoonfuls of powdered milk without permission.
(c) Lying about cutting the grass of the parsonage compound.
(d) Taking money from the collection plate during church service.
4. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(b) The government of Nigeria.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Egungun, the earth spirit.
5. How does Wole get his first look at the world outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
(a) He is rushed to a hospital.
(b) He sits with his family on their roof during a fireworks display.
(c) He trespasses into the church bell tower.
(d) He is hoisted onto a ladder which overlooks the compound's walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
2. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
3. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
5. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)