|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His thick accent.
(b) His bulging eyes.
(c) His bushy moustache.
(d) His great bulk.
2. In Chapter 9, how does Broda Pupa get a snake out of a tree?
(a) He charms the snake with a flute.
(b) He shakes the tree.
(c) He flings rocks at it until it drops down.
(d) He runs a car into the tree.
3. Who or what is emi esu?
(a) A term of affection for a young woman.
(b) The tribal equivalent of the Devil.
(c) A respected village elder.
(d) A large, leafy plant.
4. What accident does Wole suffer on his birthday in Chapter 2?
(a) He gets into a fight and receives two black eyes.
(b) He nearly drowns during his beachside party.
(c) His foot is broken when it is run over by an automobile tire.
(d) While playing see-saw, Wole falls and hurts his head.
5. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
(a) The rattle.
(b) He refuses to bury the snake.
(c) The entire snake.
(d) The head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Father's religion?
2. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
4. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. On a trip to Broda Pupa's farm, which is NOT one of the activities Wole participates in?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)