|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
(a) They are cowards and do not deserve the respect of the townspeople.
(b) They are spies for Hitler, and one must be very careful speaking around them.
(c) They are wild and lawless, and they raid villages.
(d) They are valorous, and will fight to the death in combat.
2. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) He destroyed the roses on a dare from Osiki.
(b) He thought Wild Christian needed roses for her famous stew.
(c) Waving a vegetable stalk, he imagined a swordfight, and got carried away.
(d) He was getting back at Essay for beating him earlier.
3. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His great bulk.
(b) His bushy moustache.
(c) His thick accent.
(d) His bulging eyes.
4. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(b) He breaks a window playing ball.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
5. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(b) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
(c) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
(d) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 2, what is Wole jealous of concerning Tinu?
2. What is Wole's memorable experience the first time he ventures outside the parsonage's walls in Chapter 3?
3. Who or what is "Jonah"?
4. In Chapter 7, what is Wole's baby sister dressed in when she is buried?
5. What is Father's religion?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)