|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wole decide to run away from home in Chapter 6?
(a) Because he decided to join the circus in Isara.
(b) To prevent Wild Christian from parading him around town as punishment.
(c) To escape the wrath of the church leaders for stealing money.
(d) To escape a vengeful forest spirit.
2. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Take my wife, please!
(b) Win the War.
(c) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(d) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
3. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
(a) The soldier cusses at Wild Christian.
(b) The soldier urinates in the family's outside well.
(c) The soldier damages Essay's rose bush.
(d) The soldier mocks Wole for being weak and cowardly.
4. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(b) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(c) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
(d) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
5. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(b) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(c) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(d) His home has run out of yams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rite of manhood does Wole endure at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
3. In Chapter 9 after a fight with a snake, what part of the snake does Broda Pupa bury?
4. What does Wole refuse to do in Odemo's palace that causes much commotion?
5. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)