|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Wole manage to get back home to Ake?
(a) He is carried in the arms of a police officer.
(b) He is taken by boat.
(c) He is taken on the handlebars of a bike.
(d) He is taken by train.
2. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Uncle Dipo.
(d) Wild Christian.
3. What is the name of Wole's baby sister in Chapter 7?
(c) Wild Christian.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Wole believe about St. Peter?
(a) St. Peter is responsible for the beautiful music he hears every morning.
(b) St. Peter lives on Wole's roof and is always spying on him.
(c) St. Peter is the source of his constant hunger.
(d) St. Peter is an ancestral spirit that can be conversed with.
5. What is the phrase Wole uses to describe the odor in Wild Christian's room?
(a) Given to change like a chameleon.
(b) A riot of smells.
(c) Hot, humid, and sticky.
(d) Sweet and airy like a cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who is the only member of Wole's extended family who is angry for him wandering off in Chapter 3?
3. Upon returning to Ake at the end of Chapter 3, what is the first thing Wole says?
4. Which of the following best describes the temperament of the new baby in Chapter 7?
5. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)