|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
(b) Daodu International.
(d) Ake Femi.
2. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
(a) A woman was raped by a policeman.
(b) Women were forced to pay exorbitant taxes on goods.
(c) A young orphan died from starvation.
(d) A mudslide had caused sanitation problems in the town.
3. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(b) He breaks a window playing ball.
(c) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(d) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
4. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
(a) He plays his accordion at all hours of the night.
(b) He steals the radio.
(c) He mooches food from the family.
(d) He refuses to pay back a significant loan.
5. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
(b) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(c) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(d) Wole attended a long church service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
3. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
4. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
5. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)