|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
(b) Mr. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) Uncle Dipo.
2. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(b) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(c) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
3. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
(a) Essay gets Wole to believe it is a spirit trapped in a bottle.
(b) Essay pretends it takes a magical spell to turn the light on.
(c) When Wole breaks the light bulb, Essay pretends the light bulb cost hundreds of dollars.
(d) Essay installs the light bulb in Wole's room, so he can't sleep.
4. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He gives an amulet to Wole.
(b) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
(c) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
(d) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
5. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He tries to run away to the coast.
(b) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(c) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(d) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
2. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
3. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
5. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)