|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
(a) He gets a detention for tardiness.
(b) His baby sister dies.
(c) Several school supplies are stolen by a bully.
(d) He is cut with a scythe.
2. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(b) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(c) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
(d) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
3. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
(a) He doubts an organization that accepts only men.
(b) He doubts they teach anything useful beyond what grammar school teaches.
(c) He has heard the discipline at the college is especially harsh.
(d) He doubts an organization that uses white people to teach black people.
4. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) The comedy of Jack Benny.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Nigerian fight for independence.
(d) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
5. What issue is NOT discussed at Wild Christian's women's group?
(a) Infant mortality.
(b) Civil service.
(c) The drought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
2. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
4. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
5. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)