|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the end of Wee-Wee's lashing of a boy in Chapter 12?
(a) The students applause Wee-Wee for his rigorous lashing.
(b) Wee-Wee has second thoughts, and only delivers half of the lashings.
(c) The teachers stop Wee-Wee from doing any more harm to the boy.
(d) Wee-Wee is weak, and by the last lash he is exhausted.
2. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
(a) The Egba Women's Union.
(b) The Ake Women's Collective.
(c) Women's Advocacy Organization.
(d) Many Voices, One Voice.
3. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(b) The teacher came to school drunk.
(c) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(d) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
4. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(b) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
(c) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(d) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
5. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
(c) Wild Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
4. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
5. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)