|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(b) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(c) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
2. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(b) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
(c) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(d) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
3. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. B.
(c) Wild Christian.
4. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
(a) From his small stature.
(b) From his spendthrift ways.
(c) From his rambling speech patterns.
(d) From his hen-like gait.
5. What happens at the end of Wee-Wee's lashing of a boy in Chapter 12?
(a) The students applause Wee-Wee for his rigorous lashing.
(b) Wee-Wee is weak, and by the last lash he is exhausted.
(c) Wee-Wee has second thoughts, and only delivers half of the lashings.
(d) The teachers stop Wee-Wee from doing any more harm to the boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
2. Who or what is "Jonah"?
3. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
4. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
5. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)