|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(b) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(c) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
(d) To remind him of his dead wife.
2. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
3. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
4. What happens at the end of Wee-Wee's lashing of a boy in Chapter 12?
(a) Wee-Wee has second thoughts, and only delivers half of the lashings.
(b) Wee-Wee is weak, and by the last lash he is exhausted.
(c) The students applause Wee-Wee for his rigorous lashing.
(d) The teachers stop Wee-Wee from doing any more harm to the boy.
5. What is taught at Wild Christian's women's group?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
2. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
3. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
5. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)