|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is "Jonah"?
(a) The family home's welcome mat.
(b) Wole's imaginary friend.
(c) The area behind Wole's house.
(d) The name given to a large rock outside the church.
2. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
(b) World War II.
(c) The comedy of Jack Benny.
(d) The Nigerian fight for independence.
3. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Whether there is a difference between clouds and fog.
(b) Whether there is a difference between water and rain.
(c) Whether rubbing harder on the skin gets it any cleaner.
(d) Whether the compound is the correct place to raise a child.
4. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
5. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(b) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(c) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(d) The teacher came to school drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Paa Adatan's conflict with troops in Chapter 8, which term best describes his emotional state?
2. What best describes Daodu?
3. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
4. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
5. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)