|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
(a) From his rambling speech patterns.
(b) From his spendthrift ways.
(c) From his hen-like gait.
(d) From his small stature.
2. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher came to school drunk.
(b) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(c) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(d) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
3. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
(a) Wild Christian.
(b) Mr. B.
(d) Uncle Dipo.
4. Why does Beere travel to England in Chapter 13?
(a) Because a friend in need is in London.
(b) To escape arrest.
(c) To see Big Ben and other landmarks.
(d) To advocate for the country's needs.
5. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
(b) Saara Joe.
(c) Mr. Iyan
Short Answer Questions
1. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Wee-Wee punish a boy with several dozen lashings?
4. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
5. What debate do Wole and Essay get into at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)