|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
(a) He is cut with a scythe.
(b) His baby sister dies.
(c) He gets a detention for tardiness.
(d) Several school supplies are stolen by a bully.
2. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
(a) He plays his accordion at all hours of the night.
(b) He steals the radio.
(c) He refuses to pay back a significant loan.
(d) He mooches food from the family.
3. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
(a) Women's Advocacy Organization.
(b) The Egba Women's Union.
(c) The Ake Women's Collective.
(d) Many Voices, One Voice.
4. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He breaks a window playing ball.
(b) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(c) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(d) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
5. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
(a) From his hen-like gait.
(b) From his small stature.
(c) From his rambling speech patterns.
(d) From his spendthrift ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
2. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
3. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
5. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)