|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wole's nickname for the new radio in Chapter 8?
(a) One who speaks without expecting a reply.
(b) One with the scratchy voice.
(c) The prophet of universal information.
(d) The spirit in the box.
2. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
(a) Daodu International.
(c) Ake Femi.
3. At the end of Chapter 8, younger brother Dipo is given what new name?
(d) Wole Jr.
4. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
(a) Crossing his heart for no reason when crossing the street.
(b) Making a loud clucking sound with his tongue at inappropriate times.
(c) Sloppiness while eating a pomegranate fruit.
(d) Dipping his fingers in the Wash-Hand Basin.
5. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) World War II.
(b) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
(c) The comedy of Jack Benny.
(d) The Nigerian fight for independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
2. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
3. What is the popularly-held belief about the Bote troops?
4. Why does Beere travel to England in Chapter 13?
5. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)