|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) They begin to write their own radio plays.
(b) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
(c) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(d) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
2. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Wole is making mischief, and Essay is doing nothing to stop him.
(b) Essay is indulging Wole too often with sweet treats.
(c) Essay is beating Wole unnecessarily.
(d) Essay is instilling an argumentative spirit in Wole.
3. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
(a) A radio program called 'The Shadow.'
(b) The Nigerian fight for independence.
(c) The comedy of Jack Benny.
(d) World War II.
4. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(a) Musical scores.
(c) Smoked meats.
5. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(b) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
(c) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(d) His home has run out of yams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
2. What action taken by the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 enrages Wole?
3. What is the name of Wole's grammar school?
4. What happens at the end of Wee-Wee's lashing of a boy in Chapter 12?
5. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)