|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
(a) He has heard the discipline at the college is especially harsh.
(b) He doubts an organization that uses white people to teach black people.
(c) He doubts an organization that accepts only men.
(d) He doubts they teach anything useful beyond what grammar school teaches.
2. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
(b) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(c) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(d) Wole attended a long church service.
3. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Egungun, the earth spirit.
(d) The government of Nigeria.
4. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(b) He tries to run away to the coast.
(c) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(d) He pours a glass of water over himself.
5. What issue is NOT discussed at Wild Christian's women's group?
(a) The drought.
(c) Infant mortality.
(d) Civil service.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
2. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
3. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
4. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)