|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(b) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(c) To remind him of his dead wife.
(d) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
2. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(b) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(c) He breaks a window playing ball.
(d) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher is forcing him to learn a Psalm verse.
(b) The teacher did not give him any juice at lunch.
(c) The teacher called attention to his favorite rock.
(d) The teacher called him "stinky" for not bathing.
4. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) Egungun, the earth spirit.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) The government of Nigeria.
5. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
(a) Musical scores.
(b) Smoked meats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
2. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
3. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
4. What "bad habit" does Wole admit to in Chapter 4?
5. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)