|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
(a) Bote troops.
(b) A dozen townspeople.
(c) Wole and his cousin.
2. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(b) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(c) He breaks a window playing ball.
(d) He makes a hunting gun go off.
3. Before Paa Adatan leaves the village in Chapter 8, what is his final act?
(a) He draws a line in the sand and dares anyone in Ake to cross it.
(b) He speaks in tongues, and then convulses in a seizure.
(c) He crushes a magical gourd with his boot.
(d) He gives an amulet to Wole.
4. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
(a) The government of Nigeria.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Egungun, the earth spirit.
5. What is one of the concerns Daodu voices about the Government College?
(a) He doubts an organization that accepts only men.
(b) He has heard the discipline at the college is especially harsh.
(c) He doubts they teach anything useful beyond what grammar school teaches.
(d) He doubts an organization that uses white people to teach black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trick does Essay play on Wole with a light bulb in Chapter 8?
2. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 8, who frees Paa Adatan after he is captured?
4. What "job" is Wole given at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)