|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His bushy moustache.
(b) His thick accent.
(c) His great bulk.
(d) His bulging eyes.
2. Why does Paa Adatan wear a belt of amulets?
(a) He wears an amulet for every Nazi he has killed.
(b) To allow him to travel between the realms of life and death.
(c) He believes they will deflect bullets and make him invincible.
(d) To remind him of his dead wife.
3. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The servant is bathing him in a rough fashion.
(b) His home has run out of yams.
(c) He can't go to school, and wants to.
(d) He is lost in the town of Ibara.
4. What accident does Wole cause when looking for gifts in the rafters of his home in Chapter 5?
(a) He nearly puts an eye out with a scythe.
(b) He makes a hunting gun go off.
(c) He breaks his grandfather's big toe.
(d) He breaks a window playing ball.
5. Who does Wole initially believe the drunken soldier in Chapter 8 to be?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Uncle Sanya.
(c) Wild Christian.
(d) His long-lost brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
2. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
3. Why is Wole mad at his Sunday School teacher at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. Why can't Wole attend Government College when he is initially accepted?
5. What is the name of Wole's family servant?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)