|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes how Daodu handles problems in school?
(a) He handles problems like a sports referee.
(b) He lets the students handle their own problems.
(c) He handles his school like a military dictator.
(d) He handles school like a court of law.
2. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(b) Win the War.
(c) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
(d) Take my wife, please!
3. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
(a) From his spendthrift ways.
(b) From his small stature.
(c) From his hen-like gait.
(d) From his rambling speech patterns.
4. What unfortunate event happens during the first week of Wole's grammar school education?
(a) Several school supplies are stolen by a bully.
(b) His baby sister dies.
(c) He is cut with a scythe.
(d) He gets a detention for tardiness.
5. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
(a) Mr. Iyan
(c) Saara Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
2. What trouble does You-Mean-Mayself cause Essay and the household?
3. Who is Paa Adatan's stated enemy?
4. Why does Beere travel to England in Chapter 13?
5. What is Wole's problem at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)