|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the permanent headmaster of Wole's grammar school?
(a) Bada Dooey.
(c) Mama Aduni.
2. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(b) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
(c) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
(d) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
3. In Chapter 8, how does Wild Christian react to the coming of the Bote troops?
(a) She invites them to her shop, and charges them double.
(b) She invites them to her shop, and gives them steep discounts on her goods.
(c) Fearful of their reputation, she closes her shop for the day.
(d) She spits in a troop's face, and orders Paa Adatan to attack them.
4. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(b) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(c) Quick-witted and gregarious.
(d) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
5. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(b) The teacher came to school drunk.
(c) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
(d) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wild Christian admonish Essay at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Who saves Wole from a savage beating at the end of Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
4. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
5. Where did Wee-Wee get his nickname?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)