|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Essay punish a teacher at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The teacher came to school drunk.
(b) The teacher physically punished a child too severely.
(c) The teacher flirted with Wild Christian.
(d) The teacher cut Essay's roses without Essay's permission.
2. Why do the children make fun of "You-Mean-Mayself"?
(a) His thick accent.
(b) His bushy moustache.
(c) His great bulk.
(d) His bulging eyes.
3. How might Wild Christian best be characterized?
(a) Stoop-shouldered and droopy-eyed.
(b) Quiet, and thoughtful.
(c) Boisterous and ill-tempered.
(d) Quick-witted and gregarious.
4. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
(a) The news causes hysteria in the town.
(b) They start a collection to travel to see Milton Berle.
(c) They begin to write their own radio plays.
(d) The residents stage a series of all-night dance-a-thons.
5. In Chapter 4, how does Wole counter the accusation that he has a fear of water?
(a) He states that he loves to be out in the rain.
(b) He pours a glass of water over himself.
(c) He submerges himself in a water barrel for a minute and a half.
(d) He tries to run away to the coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was contained in Father's "mystery parcels" in Chapter 5?
2. What is taught at Wild Christian's women's group?
3. What subject dominates the radio waves in Chapter 8?
4. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
5. What best describes Daodu?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)