|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Wole do every New Year?
(a) Wole visited a soup kitchen and volunteered.
(b) Wole attended a long church service.
(c) Wole took a day-long walking trip around Ake.
(d) Wole visited his grandparents in Isara.
2. What best characterizes Wee-Wee's handling of the grammar school?
3. Who defeats Paa Adatan in Chapter 8?
(a) A dozen townspeople.
(b) Bote troops.
(d) Wole and his cousin.
4. In Chapter 4, why does Wole hide in the pantry?
(a) Wild Christian wants to give him a sour-tasting medicine.
(b) So St. Peter cannot spy on him from the roof.
(c) Essay wants to hear him sing, and Wole does not want to sing.
(d) Wild Christian wants him to help her shop in town.
5. Popularization of the radio in Chapter 8 has people around Ake saying what catch phrase?
(a) Win the War.
(b) Yuck Yuck! That's me!
(c) Take my wife, please!
(d) I'm a yankee doodle dandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the majority of Ake's residents react to the new radio?
2. What do people call Wole's grandfather?
3. What does Wild Christian name her women's group?
4. What inspires Kemberi to give a speech in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Wole destroy the family's roses at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)