|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
2. What does Ajax's wife cover Ajax's body with?
3. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
4. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
5. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different types of honor in the play, and how does honor resolve, or not resolve, all the conflicts at the end of the play? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Telamon have in the play? What function does she serve in it, for Ajax? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do the actions of Ajax symbolize the struggles of man against Fate, which is a theme in the play? Support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)