|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
2. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
3. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
4. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
5. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Ajax deserve his fate? Why or why not? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the suicide of Ajax occur halfway through the play? What takes up the later part of the play? What did Sophocles mean by this? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is the Chorus? What is the purpose of the Chorus in this play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)