Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
4. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
5. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
Essay Topic 1
What role does Telamon have in the play? What function does she serve in it, for Ajax? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Cite examples from the play to support your answer to the following question: How does this play portray the relationship between the gods and man?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the suicide of Ajax occur halfway through the play? What takes up the later part of the play? What did Sophocles mean by this? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)