|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
2. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
3. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
4. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
5. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of armor and swords in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer; what is hubris, and what role does it have in the play?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different types of honor in the play, and how does honor resolve, or not resolve, all the conflicts at the end of the play? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)