Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
4. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
5. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
Essay Topic 1
What are the different types of honor in the play, and how does honor resolve, or not resolve, all the conflicts at the end of the play? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the values system that the warriors in the play operate under? What do Ajax's actions mean, in light of that code? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you agree or disagree, and why, with the following statement: The play just peters out at the end without a true ending.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)