|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
2. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
3. What does Ajax mention doing to the sword during his soliloquy before his death?
4. Who discovers Ajax's body?
5. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of armor and swords in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How do Odysseus and Ajax present different qualities of a warrior? What are those qualities, and what do they mean for the actions of the characters? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the text, show how Sophocles uses foreshadowing in this play.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)