|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
2. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
3. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
4. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
5. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the values system that the warriors in the play operate under? What do Ajax's actions mean, in light of that code? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What, according to the characters in the play, are important qualities in friendship? What role does friendship have in the play? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do Odysseus and Ajax present different qualities of a warrior? What are those qualities, and what do they mean for the actions of the characters? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)