|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
2. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
3. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
4. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
5. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cite examples from the play to support your answer to the following question: How does this play portray the relationship between the gods and man?
Essay Topic 2
Odysseus, Agamemnon, and Menelaus are all kings. What aspects of a good, or bad, king does each character represent and why? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the suicide of Ajax occur halfway through the play? What takes up the later part of the play? What did Sophocles mean by this? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)