|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
2. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
3. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
4. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
5. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cite examples from the play to support your answer to the following question: How does this play portray the relationship between the gods and man?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether you agree or disagree, and why, with the following statement: The play just peters out at the end without a true ending.
Essay Topic 3
What is a soliloquy, and what purpose does it serve in a play? What is the purpose of Ajax's soliloquy? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)