Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
4. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
5. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
What is a soliloquy, and what purpose does it serve in a play? What is the purpose of Ajax's soliloquy? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Using specific examples from the text, show how Sophocles uses foreshadowing in this play.
Cite examples from the play to support your answer to the following question: How does this play portray the relationship between the gods and man?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)