|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
2. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
3. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
4. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
5. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the values system that the warriors in the play operate under? What do Ajax's actions mean, in light of that code? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How do Odysseus and Ajax present different qualities of a warrior? What are those qualities, and what do they mean for the actions of the characters? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using the book to support your answer; what is hubris, and what role does it have in the play?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)