|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
2. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
3. What does Ajax's wife cover Ajax's body with?
4. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
5. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different types of honor in the play, and how does honor resolve, or not resolve, all the conflicts at the end of the play? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer; what is hubris, and what role does it have in the play?
Essay Topic 3
How do Odysseus and Ajax present different qualities of a warrior? What are those qualities, and what do they mean for the actions of the characters? Cite specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)