|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
2. Who does Ajax call to claim him, before falling on his sword?
3. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
4. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
5. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the cycle of revenge and destruction? How does this cycle affect the events in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using the book to support your answer; what is hubris, and what role does it have in the play?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Telamon have in the play? What function does she serve in it, for Ajax? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)