|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
2. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
3. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
4. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
5. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cite examples from the play to support your answer to the following question: How does this play portray the relationship between the gods and man?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different types of honor in the play, and how does honor resolve, or not resolve, all the conflicts at the end of the play? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does this play show that suffering can be ennobling for mankind? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)