|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
2. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
3. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
4. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
5. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What, according to the characters in the play, are important qualities in friendship? What role does friendship have in the play? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Cite examples from the play to support your answer to the following question: How does this play portray the relationship between the gods and man?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Telamon have in the play? What function does she serve in it, for Ajax? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)