Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
4. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
5. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
Essay Topic 1
What is a soliloquy, and what purpose does it serve in a play? What is the purpose of Ajax's soliloquy? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Telamon have in the play? What function does she serve in it, for Ajax? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How do the actions of Ajax symbolize the struggles of man against Fate, which is a theme in the play? Support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)