|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
4. Who does Ajax call to claim him, before falling on his sword?
5. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the suicide of Ajax occur halfway through the play? What takes up the later part of the play? What did Sophocles mean by this? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What do the various speeches in the play suggest about how the characters in the play view a hero? Why? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What, according to the characters in the play, are important qualities in friendship? What role does friendship have in the play? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)