|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
2. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
3. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
4. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
5. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different types of honor in the play, and how does honor resolve, or not resolve, all the conflicts at the end of the play? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Telamon have in the play? What function does she serve in it, for Ajax? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you agree or disagree, and why, with the following statement: The play just peters out at the end without a true ending.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)