|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
2. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
4. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
5. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples from the text, show how Sophocles uses foreshadowing in this play.
Essay Topic 2
Cite examples from the play to support your answer to the following question: How does this play portray the relationship between the gods and man?
Essay Topic 3
What do the various speeches in the play suggest about how the characters in the play view a hero? Why? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)