|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax call to claim him, before falling on his sword?
2. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
4. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
5. Where does Part IV begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different types of honor in the play, and how does honor resolve, or not resolve, all the conflicts at the end of the play? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is a soliloquy, and what purpose does it serve in a play? What is the purpose of Ajax's soliloquy? Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role does Telamon have in the play? What function does she serve in it, for Ajax? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)