Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
2. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
3. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
4. What is the strophe?
5. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teucer tell Tecmessa to do with Ajax's body, after he places Eurysaces besides the body?
2. What is the story the messenger tells of Ajax's youth?
3. Why does Odysseus pity Ajax?
4. What is Ajax's state of mind right before he kills himself?
5. Why does Athena offer to bring Ajax out of his tent?
6. What does the Chorus foreshadow in Part 2?
7. How, and why, does Tecmessa hide Ajax's body from the Chorus?
8. What does Ajax pray for before leaving the Chorus onstage?
9. What does the Chorus lament, now that Ajax is dead?
10. What is the Chorus?
Odysseus, Agamemnon, and Menelaus are all kings. What aspects of a good, or bad, king does each character represent and why? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
What is the Chorus? What is the purpose of the Chorus in this play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
What, according to the characters in the play, are important qualities in friendship? What role does friendship have in the play? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)