|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who shamed Ajax.
(b) Those who fought Ajax.
(c) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(d) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
2. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive bragging.
(b) Excessive pride.
(c) Excessive boasting.
(d) Excessive honor.
3. When the Choruses first appear after Ajax's death, what are they complaining about?
(a) How futile their searches are.
(b) How hard their searches for Ajax are.
(c) How their feet hurt from searching.
(d) How hot it is while they are searching.
4. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
(a) More killing and humiliation.
(b) Despair and reconciliation.
(c) War and death.
(d) Peace and prosperity.
5. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
(a) Because it is a horrible sight.
(b) To keep herself clean while carrying the body.
(c) To prevent someone from hurting the body.
(d) To prevent others from knowing how he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
2. What is a dirge?
3. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
4. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
5. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)