|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
(a) More killing and humiliation.
(b) War and death.
(c) Despair and reconciliation.
(d) Peace and prosperity.
2. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
3. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive honor.
(b) Excessive boasting.
(c) Excessive pride.
(d) Excessive bragging.
4. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds contentment.
(b) He prays he finds peace.
(c) He prays he finds rest.
(d) He prays he finds happiness.
5. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian ships.
(b) The Mysian shores.
(c) The Mysian plains.
(d) The Mysian heights.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
2. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
3. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
4. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
5. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)