|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds rest.
(b) He prays he finds peace.
(c) He prays he finds contentment.
(d) He prays he finds happiness.
2. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a minor insight into the characters.
(b) He is a common informational device.
(c) He is a minor character.
(d) He is a common narrative device.
3. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
(a) As infallible.
(b) As possibly wrong.
(c) As partial truths.
(d) As full truths.
4. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who shamed Ajax.
(b) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(c) Those who fought Ajax.
(d) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
5. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
(a) In his tent.
(b) In his hut.
(c) At the fire.
(d) On his ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of the sun?
2. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
3. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
4. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
5. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)