|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(b) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
(c) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(d) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
2. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The waves.
(c) The trees.
(d) The underbrush.
3. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
(a) Take Ajax's body.
(b) Steal Ajax's son.
(c) Mock his misery.
(d) Share more rumors.
4. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His mentor.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Choruses first appear after Ajax's death, what are they complaining about?
2. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
3. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
4. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
5. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)