|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
(a) A friend and a foe.
(b) A villain and a foe.
(c) A fair mind and a friend.
(d) A lion in sheep's clothing.
2. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
(b) An act of nature.
(c) A woman.
(d) The gods.
3. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian ships.
(b) The Mysian shores.
(c) The Mysian plains.
(d) The Mysian heights.
4. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
(a) Great intelligence.
(b) Great confidence.
(c) Great cunning.
(d) Great pride.
5. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
(a) Achilles' horse.
(b) Odysseus' horse.
(c) Achilles' chariot.
(d) Odysseus' chariot.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
2. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
3. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
4. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
5. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)