|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The gods.
(c) Ajax's son.
2. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
(a) His pity.
(b) His mind.
(c) His sorrow.
(d) His conscious.
3. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
(b) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(c) Those who fought Ajax.
(d) Those who shamed Ajax.
4. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
5. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
(a) Because revenge is for commoners.
(b) Because revenge is not honorable.
(c) Because emotional behavior is for women.
(d) Because you are acting out of emotion, not thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax's wife cover Ajax's body with?
2. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
3. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
4. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
5. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)