|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Marriages, births, and battles.
(b) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(c) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(d) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
2. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
(a) Because revenge is not honorable.
(b) Because emotional behavior is for women.
(c) Because revenge is for commoners.
(d) Because you are acting out of emotion, not thought.
3. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
(a) With silence.
(b) With taunts and insults.
(c) With cheers and happiness.
(d) With isolation.
4. Who discovers Ajax's body?
5. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mentor.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
2. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
3. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
4. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
5. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)