|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
(a) The rocks.
(b) The underbrush.
(c) The trees.
(d) The waves.
2. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
(a) The messenger.
(b) The leader.
(c) Her son.
(d) The Chorus.
3. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
(a) The Chorus.
4. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
(a) The rules of society.
(b) The rules of nature.
(c) The rules of warfare.
(d) The rules of man.
5. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
(b) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(c) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(d) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
2. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
3. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
4. What is hubris?
5. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)