|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a minor insight into the characters.
(b) He is a common narrative device.
(c) He is a minor character.
(d) He is a common informational device.
2. What does Ajax's wife cover Ajax's body with?
(a) A rug.
(b) A towel.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A robe.
3. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
(a) Next to a tree.
(b) In the water.
(c) In front of his sword.
(d) On a rock.
4. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian ships.
(b) The Mysian plains.
(c) The Mysian heights.
(d) The Mysian shores.
5. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) His armor.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
2. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
3. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
4. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
5. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)