|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
(a) Despair and reconciliation.
(b) War and death.
(c) Peace and prosperity.
(d) More killing and humiliation.
2. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
3. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a minor character.
(b) He is a common narrative device.
(c) He is a minor insight into the characters.
(d) He is a common informational device.
4. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
5. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
2. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
3. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
4. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
5. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)