|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who shamed Ajax.
(b) Those who fought Ajax.
(c) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(d) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
2. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds rest.
(b) He prays he finds peace.
(c) He prays he finds contentment.
(d) He prays he finds happiness.
3. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
(a) Because it was a common way of life.
(b) Because it helps explore humanity's passionate and impulsive nature.
(c) Because it shows humanity's duplicity.
(d) Because it helps explore humanity's dark side.
4. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
5. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
(a) In his tent.
(b) In the infirmary.
(c) In the camp.
(d) On his ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
2. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
3. What is a dirge?
4. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
5. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)