|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a common informational device.
(b) He is a minor character.
(c) He is a common narrative device.
(d) He is a minor insight into the characters.
2. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
3. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
4. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
(b) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(c) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(d) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
5. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
(a) Bringing honor to themselves.
(c) Their duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
2. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
3. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
4. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
5. Who is the god of the sun?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)