|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows by the river.
(b) To the meadows in the trees.
(c) To the meadows over the hill.
(d) To the meadows by the shore.
2. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
(a) To stop them from helping him.
(b) To stop them from pleading with him.
(c) To stop them from following him.
(d) To stop them from killing him.
3. Who is the god of the sun?
4. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Ajax's son.
5. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does inter mean?
2. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
3. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
4. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
5. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)