|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The soldiers.
(d) The leaders.
2. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
(a) Ajax's son.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The gods.
3. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
4. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(b) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(c) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(d) Marriages, births, and battles.
5. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
(a) By burying his armor.
(b) By burning an offering to the gods.
(c) By burying his sword.
(d) By going home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
2. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
3. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
4. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
5. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)