|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(b) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(c) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(d) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
2. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
3. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A spear.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) His armor.
4. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
(a) Woman born to fear.
(b) Woman born to pain.
(c) Woman born to death.
(d) Woman born to sorrow.
5. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(b) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(c) Marriages, births, and battles.
(d) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax mention doing to the sword during his soliloquy before his death?
2. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
3. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
4. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
5. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)