|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
2. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
(a) Ugly and horrendous grief.
(b) Painful and angry grief.
(c) Sorrowful and distant grief.
(d) Pitiful and shameful grief.
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Wisdom from his mother.
(b) Ancient proverb.
(c) Good advice from wise counselors.
(d) Wisdom from his father.
4. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
(a) At the fire.
(b) In his tent.
(c) On his ship.
(d) In his hut.
5. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The Horsemen.
(c) The Harpies.
(d) The Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
2. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
3. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
4. Who discovers Ajax's body?
5. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)