|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
(a) Standing on its edge.
(b) Point first.
(c) Hilt first.
(d) Flat, on its side.
2. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) A fraud.
(b) A foe.
(c) Not a prophet.
(d) Not a friend.
3. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
4. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Good advice from wise counselors.
(b) Wisdom from his father.
(c) Ancient proverb.
(d) Wisdom from his mother.
5. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
(a) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(b) His father.
(c) His fellow warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
2. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
3. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
4. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
5. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)