|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
2. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
(a) Steal Ajax's son.
(b) Share more rumors.
(c) Take Ajax's body.
(d) Mock his misery.
3. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
(a) Achilles' horse.
(b) Odysseus' horse.
(c) Odysseus' chariot.
(d) Achilles' chariot.
4. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
(a) Next to a tree.
(b) In the water.
(c) On a rock.
(d) In front of his sword.
5. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
(a) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(b) His fellow warriors.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
2. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
3. When the Choruses first appear after Ajax's death, what are they complaining about?
4. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
5. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)