|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
(a) The Harpies.
(b) The Flurries.
(c) The Furies.
(d) The Fates.
2. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Wisdom from his father.
(b) Wisdom from his mother.
(c) Good advice from wise counselors.
(d) Ancient proverb.
3. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
(a) The leader.
(b) The messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) Her son.
4. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
(a) The Gods.
5. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
2. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
3. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
4. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
5. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)