|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
2. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
3. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
4. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
5. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Creatians.
(d) The Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
2. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
3. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
4. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
5. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before he dies, what are some of the things that Ajax prays for?
2. What does Teucer, after seeing Ajax's dead body, say his father will do?
3. What does Ajax's betrayal earn him, according to Menelaus?
4. What is a soliloquy?
5. How, and why, does Athena protect Odysseus when she brings Ajax out of his tent?
6. What does Ajax tell Eurysaces when he is brought out of hiding by his mother and two attendants?
7. Ajax says that the rules of nature must be obeyed, and so must what?
8. What does Teucer tell Eurysaces to do when he is placed besides Ajax's body, and why?
9. What does Athena say when she first appears to Odysseus and why does she appear?
10. Why does Athena offer to bring Ajax out of his tent?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)