|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Odysseus king of?
2. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
3. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
(a) In slavery somewhere.
(d) On a boat.
4. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
5. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
2. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
3. What is the name of Ajax's son?
4. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
5. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teucer tell Eurysaces to do when he is placed besides Ajax's body, and why?
2. What does Ajax tell the Chorus he plans to do since Tecmessa has awakened his pity?
3. What is the story the messenger tells of Ajax's youth?
4. Why does the Chorus believe that Ajax would be better off dead?
5. How does Ajax plan to use the sword to kill himself?
6. What does the Chorus foreshadow in Part 2?
7. What is Ajax doing on the beach and how does he feel?
8. How does Ajax plan to free himself from Athena's influence and why does he think it will work?
9. When the Chorus first appears, what do they say and why?
10. Who does the Chorus condemn, after Ajax has died, and why is the Chorus condemning them?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)