|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) The Chorus.
2. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
3. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
4. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
(a) Nothing, he would ride home.
(b) Inland sea.
(c) Aegean sea.
(d) Cretian sea.
5. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Creatians.
(d) The Spartans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
2. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
3. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
4. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
5. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How, and why, does Tecmessa hide Ajax's body from the Chorus?
2. What do Menelaus and Teucer use to support their positions about Ajax's burial?
3. What is the purpose of the initial conversation between Odysseus and Athena?
4. How did Ajax betray the Greeks, according to Menelaus?
5. What does the Chorus lament, now that Ajax is dead?
6. What is the tone of Ajax's long speech about his honor in Part 2?
7. What is the story the messenger tells of Ajax's youth?
8. What preparations did Ajax make to the sword so that he can use it to kill himself?
9. Why does Teucer refuse Odysseus' help with Ajax's burial?
10. How is the theme of honor brought up in the first lines of the Chorus?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)