Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) The trees.
(d) From the shadows.
2. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A black mood.
(b) A curse.
(c) A dark mood.
(d) A failing mood.
3. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lamentes.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Laertes.
(d) Son of Lional.
4. What is the strophe?
(a) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(b) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(c) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(d) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
5. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the epode?
2. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
3. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
4. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
5. Who is Telamon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teucer tell Tecmessa to do with Ajax's body, after he places Eurysaces besides the body?
2. What is the story the messenger tells of Ajax's youth?
3. Why does Odysseus pity Ajax?
4. What is Ajax's state of mind right before he kills himself?
5. Why does Athena offer to bring Ajax out of his tent?
6. What does the Chorus foreshadow in Part 2?
7. How, and why, does Tecmessa hide Ajax's body from the Chorus?
8. What does Ajax pray for before leaving the Chorus onstage?
9. What does the Chorus lament, now that Ajax is dead?
10. What is the Chorus?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)