|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Group.
(b) The Men.
(c) The Orchestra.
(d) The Chorus.
2. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
3. What is the epode?
(a) Added song.
(b) Third verse.
(c) Middle of the song.
(d) Ending of the song.
4. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
5. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him invincible.
(b) Make him invisible.
(c) Make him stronger.
(d) Make him wiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
2. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
3. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
4. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
5. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Teucer, why did Ajax join the Greeks in the Trojan War, and what effect does that have?
2. What is a soliloquy?
3. Why does Odysseus pity Ajax?
4. What does Ajax tell Eurysaces when he is brought out of hiding by his mother and two attendants?
5. What is the story the messenger tells of Ajax's youth?
6. What is the Chorus?
7. Ajax says that the rules of nature must be obeyed, and so must what?
8. Who does the Chorus condemn, after Ajax has died, and why is the Chorus condemning them?
9. What is Ajax's state of mind right before he kills himself?
10. Where, and why, does Tecmessa say that Ajax collapsed?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)