|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Atreidae.
(b) The Ristrivide.
(c) The Council.
(d) The Senate.
2. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
3. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
4. What is the name of Ajax's son?
5. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's home.
(b) Outside Ajax's tent.
(c) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(d) Outside Ajax's ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Menelaus' title?
2. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
3. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
4. When is this play set?
5. Who is the first speaker in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the initial conversation between Odysseus and Athena?
2. What does Menelaus threaten Teucer with, if Teucer disobeys?
3. Why does the Chorus believe that Ajax would be better off dead?
4. Why is Odysseus standing outside of Ajax's tent at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Tecmessa think that Menelaus and Agamemnon will regret?
6. What does Teucer tell Tecmessa to do with Ajax's body, after he places Eurysaces besides the body?
7. What does Tecmessa tell the Chorus the first time she appears, and in what tone does she say it?
8. What does Ajax pray for before leaving the Chorus onstage?
9. When the Chorus unsuccessfully attempts to calm Ajax, what does Ajax bemoan?
10. What does Ajax tell the Chorus he plans to do since Tecmessa has awakened his pity?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)