|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
(b) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
(c) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(d) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
2. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
3. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's tent.
(b) Outside Ajax's home.
(c) Outside Ajax's ship.
(d) Outside Ajax's wagon.
4. What is Menelaus' title?
5. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Return to sanity.
(b) Return to his tent.
(c) Pay heed to the gods.
(d) Take back his insolence against the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
2. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
4. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
5. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teucer, after seeing Ajax's dead body, say his father will do?
2. How is Teucer greeted when he arrived at the Greek camp, and why is he greeted that way?
3. What preparations did Ajax make to the sword so that he can use it to kill himself?
4. Why does Athena offer to bring Ajax out of his tent?
5. What does Tecmessa think that Menelaus and Agamemnon will regret?
6. When the Chorus first appears, what do they say and why?
7. What is the Chorus?
8. Where, and why, does Tecmessa say that Ajax collapsed?
9. What would happen to Tecmessa if Ajax killed himself and why?
10. How is the theme of honor brought up in the first lines of the Chorus?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)