|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Left to right.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Front to back.
(d) Back to front.
2. What is Menelaus' title?
3. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Langed.
(b) Son of Lamentes.
(c) Son of Laertes.
(d) Son of Lional.
4. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
5. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His soul.
(b) His life.
(c) His honor.
(d) His reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
2. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
3. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
4. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
5. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ajax pray for before leaving the Chorus onstage?
2. How did Ajax betray the Greeks, according to Menelaus?
3. When the Chorus first appears, what do they say and why?
4. When the Chorus unsuccessfully attempts to calm Ajax, what does Ajax bemoan?
5. Why does Teucer refuse Odysseus' help with Ajax's burial?
6. Why does the Chorus believe that Ajax would be better off dead?
7. What preparations did Ajax make to the sword so that he can use it to kill himself?
8. What does Ajax tell the Chorus he plans to do since Tecmessa has awakened his pity?
9. Why does the Chorus suggest that it is time the Chorus members flee?
10. What is the Chorus?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)