|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the climax.
(b) As the rising action.
(c) As the falling action.
(d) As the exposition.
2. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His greed.
(c) His wounded honor.
(d) His illness.
3. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
4. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(c) His mother.
(d) The gods.
5. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(b) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
(c) His father and Agamemnon.
(d) Menelaus and Odysseus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
2. What is the epode?
3. What is the strophe?
4. What is the antistrophe?
5. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. While the search for Ajax is occurring, what does Teucer do?
2. Why does Menelaus tell Teucer that he doesn't have to argue with Teucer?
3. Who goes in search of Ajax in Part 3?
4. What do Menelaus and Teucer use to support their positions about Ajax's burial?
5. What would happen to Tecmessa if Ajax killed himself and why?
6. What does Teucer tell Eurysaces to do when he is placed besides Ajax's body, and why?
7. Why is Odysseus standing outside of Ajax's tent at the beginning of the play?
8. What does the Chorus lament, now that Ajax is dead?
9. What does Athena say when she first appears to Odysseus and why does she appear?
10. What does Tecmessa think that Menelaus and Agamemnon will regret?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)