|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(b) The gods.
(c) The spirits of slain warriors.
(d) His wife.
3. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
4. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
5. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
2. What is the epode?
3. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
4. What is the name of Ajax's son?
5. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who goes in search of Ajax in Part 3?
2. What does the Chorus foreshadow in Part 2?
3. Why does Athena offer to bring Ajax out of his tent?
4. What does Teucer tell Eurysaces to do when he is placed besides Ajax's body, and why?
5. What is a soliloquy?
6. What started the Trojan War?
7. Why does the Chorus suggest that it is time the Chorus members flee?
8. What is the general purpose of a messenger in Classical Greek theater?
9. According to Teucer, why did Ajax join the Greeks in the Trojan War, and what effect does that have?
10. Why does Ajax list the ways he thinks his honor has been destroyed?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)