|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His illness.
(b) His greed.
(c) His wounded honor.
(d) His injuries.
2. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
3. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(a) Has to stay home and raise her son.
(b) Is given to another man.
(d) Becomes a slave.
4. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
5. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A benevolent warrior.
(b) A smart warrior.
(c) A strong warrior.
(d) A great warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
2. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
3. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
4. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
5. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen to Tecmessa if Ajax killed himself and why?
2. How does Ajax plan to use the sword to kill himself?
3. Why does the Chorus suggest that it is time the Chorus members flee?
4. What is the purpose of the initial conversation between Odysseus and Athena?
5. What does the Chorus lament, now that Ajax is dead?
6. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
7. What does Ajax's betrayal earn him, according to Menelaus?
8. What does Tecmessa tell the Chorus the first time she appears, and in what tone does she say it?
9. What is a soliloquy?
10. Who goes in search of Ajax in Part 3?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)