|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(a) The Chorus.
2. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Back to front.
(b) Front to back.
(c) Right to left.
(d) Left to right.
3. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
4. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
(a) A fool.
(b) A coward.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A religious man.
5. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
2. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
3. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
4. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
5. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before he dies, what are some of the things that Ajax prays for?
2. When the Chorus first appears, what do they say and why?
3. Why is Odysseus standing outside of Ajax's tent at the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Menelaus tell Teucer that he doesn't have to argue with Teucer?
5. What is Ajax doing on the beach and how does he feel?
6. Who does the Chorus condemn, after Ajax has died, and why is the Chorus condemning them?
7. What does Ajax do with his armor, and why?
8. What is the purpose of the initial conversation between Odysseus and Athena?
9. What does Ajax tell Eurysaces when he is brought out of hiding by his mother and two attendants?
10. What does the Chorus foreshadow in Part 2?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)