|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His ship.
(b) His tent.
(c) His carriage.
(d) His house.
2. What is the epode?
(a) Ending of the song.
(b) Third verse.
(c) Added song.
(d) Middle of the song.
3. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(b) Outside Ajax's ship.
(c) Outside Ajax's tent.
(d) Outside Ajax's home.
4. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Front to back.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Left to right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
2. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
3. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
4. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Menelaus and Teucer use to support their positions about Ajax's burial?
2. What does Teucer think is Hector's revenge?
3. Why does Menelaus tell Teucer that he doesn't have to argue with Teucer?
4. Where, and why, does Tecmessa say that Ajax collapsed?
5. What does Tecmessa tell the Chorus the first time she appears, and in what tone does she say it?
6. How did Ajax betray the Greeks, according to Menelaus?
7. What does Odysseus believe about burying Ajax?
8. According to Teucer, why did Ajax join the Greeks in the Trojan War, and what effect does that have?
9. What is the story the messenger tells of Ajax's youth?
10. What started the Trojan War?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)