|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's son.
(b) Ajax's father.
(c) Ajax's brother.
(d) Ajax's king.
2. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(c) The gods.
(d) His mother.
3. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(d) The Chorus.
4. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
5. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
(a) In slavery somewhere.
(b) On a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
2. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
3. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
4. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
5. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ajax tell the Chorus he plans to do since Tecmessa has awakened his pity?
2. What does Tecmessa tell the Chorus the first time she appears, and in what tone does she say it?
3. Why does Ajax tell the Chorus that he is prepared to make peace with Agamemnon and Menelaus?
4. What preparations did Ajax make to the sword so that he can use it to kill himself?
5. Who does the Chorus condemn, after Ajax has died, and why is the Chorus condemning them?
6. Why does Odysseus pity Ajax?
7. What would happen to Tecmessa if Ajax killed himself and why?
8. How, and why, does Athena protect Odysseus when she brings Ajax out of his tent?
9. What is Ajax doing on the beach and how does he feel?
10. Before he dies, what are some of the things that Ajax prays for?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)