Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(d) The Chorus.
3. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) The Chorus.
4. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Back to front.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Left to right.
(d) Front to back.
5. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) The trees.
(d) From the shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
2. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
3. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
4. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
5. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where, and why, does Tecmessa say that Ajax collapsed?
2. Describe Odysseus.
3. What does Teucer tell Eurysaces to do when he is placed besides Ajax's body, and why?
4. What would happen to Tecmessa if Ajax killed himself and why?
5. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa, after Teucer has arrived, what does the messenger tell Tecmessa?
6. Why does the Chorus believe that Ajax would be better off dead?
7. What is the general purpose of a messenger in Classical Greek theater?
8. Why does Odysseus pity Ajax?
9. What does Ajax pray for before leaving the Chorus onstage?
10. What does Ajax's betrayal earn him, according to Menelaus?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)