|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
(c) The Chorus.
2. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) A fraud.
(b) Not a friend.
(c) A foe.
(d) Not a prophet.
3. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
4. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows in the trees.
(b) To the meadows by the river.
(c) To the meadows over the hill.
(d) To the meadows by the shore.
5. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
6. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Horsemen.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The Furies.
(d) The Harpies.
7. What is a dirge?
(a) A song to express feeling.
(b) A somber song to express evil feelings.
(c) A song that expresses true love.
(d) A somber song to express mourning.
8. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
(b) The gods.
(c) An act of nature.
(d) A woman.
9. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
10. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
11. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
12. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The servants.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The sailors.
13. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
14. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
(a) In his tent.
(b) In the infirmary.
(c) In the camp.
(d) On his ship.
15. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(c) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
2. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
3. What does inter mean?
4. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
5. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)