|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
(a) In the camp.
(b) In his tent.
(c) On his ship.
(d) In the infirmary.
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(b) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(c) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(d) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
4. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
(a) Great confidence.
(b) Great intelligence.
(c) Great pride.
(d) Great cunning.
5. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
6. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
(a) To prevent others from knowing how he died.
(b) To keep herself clean while carrying the body.
(c) To prevent someone from hurting the body.
(d) Because it is a horrible sight.
7. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
(a) Achilles' chariot.
(b) Achilles' horse.
(c) Odysseus' horse.
(d) Odysseus' chariot.
8. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds peace.
(b) He prays he finds contentment.
(c) He prays he finds happiness.
(d) He prays he finds rest.
9. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
10. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The sailors.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The servants.
11. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
(a) Ajax's son.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The gods.
12. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The Furies.
(c) The Harpies.
(d) The Horsemen.
13. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
(d) The Gods.
14. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
15. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
(c) Ajax's son.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
2. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
3. Who is "Thestor's son"?
4. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
5. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)