|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
(a) Woman born to sorrow.
(b) Woman born to fear.
(c) Woman born to pain.
(d) Woman born to death.
2. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
(a) More killing and humiliation.
(b) War and death.
(c) Peace and prosperity.
(d) Despair and reconciliation.
3. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) Not a friend.
(b) A fraud.
(c) Not a prophet.
(d) A foe.
4. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian plains.
(b) The Mysian shores.
(c) The Mysian ships.
(d) The Mysian heights.
5. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
(a) The rules of nature.
(b) The rules of society.
(c) The rules of man.
(d) The rules of warfare.
6. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
(a) With isolation.
(b) With taunts and insults.
(c) With cheers and happiness.
(d) With silence.
7. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
8. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds happiness.
(b) He prays he finds rest.
(c) He prays he finds peace.
(d) He prays he finds contentment.
9. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive boasting.
(b) Excessive pride.
(c) Excessive bragging.
(d) Excessive honor.
10. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows over the hill.
(b) To the meadows by the shore.
(c) To the meadows in the trees.
(d) To the meadows by the river.
11. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
(a) A villain and a foe.
(b) A fair mind and a friend.
(c) A friend and a foe.
(d) A lion in sheep's clothing.
12. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) The leaders.
(d) The soldiers.
13. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
(a) In the camp.
(b) In his tent.
(c) In the infirmary.
(d) On his ship.
14. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
(a) Take Ajax's body.
(b) Mock his misery.
(c) Share more rumors.
(d) Steal Ajax's son.
15. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
(a) His father.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
2. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
4. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
5. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)