Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
(a) His son.
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Wisdom from his mother.
(b) Good advice from wise counselors.
(c) Wisdom from his father.
(d) Ancient proverb.
4. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
(a) The Harpies.
(b) The Flurries.
(c) The Furies.
(d) The Fates.
5. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
(a) The messenger.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) Her son.
(d) The leader.
6. What is a dirge?
(a) A somber song to express evil feelings.
(b) A song to express feeling.
(c) A song that expresses true love.
(d) A somber song to express mourning.
7. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
(a) A villain and a foe.
(b) A friend and a foe.
(c) A lion in sheep's clothing.
(d) A fair mind and a friend.
8. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
9. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian plains.
(b) The Mysian heights.
(c) The Mysian ships.
(d) The Mysian shores.
10. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
(a) Woman born to sorrow.
(b) Woman born to fear.
(c) Woman born to death.
(d) Woman born to pain.
11. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
12. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
(a) Painful and angry grief.
(b) Sorrowful and distant grief.
(c) Pitiful and shameful grief.
(d) Ugly and horrendous grief.
13. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His father.
(b) His mentor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
14. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
15. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Ajax's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
2. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
3. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
4. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
5. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)