|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(b) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
(c) Those who fought Ajax.
(d) Those who shamed Ajax.
2. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
3. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
(a) The gods.
(b) An act of nature.
(c) A woman.
4. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
(a) Despair and reconciliation.
(b) Peace and prosperity.
(c) War and death.
(d) More killing and humiliation.
5. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
(a) The Flurries.
(b) The Furies.
(c) The Harpies.
(d) The Fates.
6. What does inter mean?
(a) To clothe.
(b) To put away.
(c) To save.
(d) To bury.
7. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mentor.
(d) His mother.
8. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
(a) The rules of nature.
(b) The rules of warfare.
(c) The rules of man.
(d) The rules of society.
9. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Harpies.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The Horsemen.
(d) The Furies.
10. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
(b) His son.
(d) His father.
11. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
(a) Steal Ajax's son.
(b) Share more rumors.
(c) Take Ajax's body.
(d) Mock his misery.
12. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
(a) Woman born to death.
(b) Woman born to fear.
(c) Woman born to sorrow.
(d) Woman born to pain.
13. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive bragging.
(b) Excessive honor.
(c) Excessive pride.
(d) Excessive boasting.
14. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
(a) The sailors.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The servants.
(d) The Chorus.
15. When the Choruses first appear after Ajax's death, what are they complaining about?
(a) How hot it is while they are searching.
(b) How futile their searches are.
(c) How their feet hurt from searching.
(d) How hard their searches for Ajax are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
2. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
3. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
4. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
5. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)