|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
(a) At the fire.
(b) In his hut.
(c) In his tent.
(d) On his ship.
2. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
(a) Mock his misery.
(b) Share more rumors.
(c) Take Ajax's body.
(d) Steal Ajax's son.
3. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(b) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(c) Marriages, births, and battles.
(d) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
4. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
(a) To prevent others from knowing how he died.
(b) To prevent someone from hurting the body.
(c) Because it is a horrible sight.
(d) To keep herself clean while carrying the body.
5. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive bragging.
(b) Excessive boasting.
(c) Excessive honor.
(d) Excessive pride.
6. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
(a) Point first.
(b) Hilt first.
(c) Standing on its edge.
(d) Flat, on its side.
7. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) His armor.
8. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
(a) Great pride.
(b) Great intelligence.
(c) Great confidence.
(d) Great cunning.
9. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
10. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
11. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
(a) War and death.
(b) Despair and reconciliation.
(c) More killing and humiliation.
(d) Peace and prosperity.
12. What is a dirge?
(a) A somber song to express mourning.
(b) A song to express feeling.
(c) A somber song to express evil feelings.
(d) A song that expresses true love.
13. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
14. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
(a) In the infirmary.
(b) On his ship.
(c) In the camp.
(d) In his tent.
15. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(a) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
2. Who does Ajax call to claim him, before falling on his sword?
3. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
4. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
5. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)