|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the god of the sun?
2. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
(a) In the camp.
(b) On his ship.
(c) In the infirmary.
(d) In his tent.
3. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive honor.
(b) Excessive bragging.
(c) Excessive boasting.
(d) Excessive pride.
4. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
(b) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(c) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(d) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
5. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
(b) The Chorus.
6. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
(a) The gods.
(b) The Chorus.
(d) Ajax's son.
7. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
8. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
9. Who discovers Ajax's body?
10. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(c) The Gods.
11. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian ships.
(b) The Mysian plains.
(c) The Mysian shores.
(d) The Mysian heights.
12. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
(d) The Gods.
13. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
(a) The waves.
(b) The trees.
(c) The underbrush.
(d) The rocks.
14. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
(a) With isolation.
(b) With silence.
(c) With taunts and insults.
(d) With cheers and happiness.
15. Who is "Thestor's son"?
(d) The Seer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
2. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
3. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
4. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
5. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)