|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the god of the sun?
2. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
3. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
4. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
(a) A fair mind and a friend.
(b) A friend and a foe.
(c) A lion in sheep's clothing.
(d) A villain and a foe.
5. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
(a) Hated her.
(b) Minimized her.
(c) Loved her.
(d) Deceived her.
6. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
(a) With silence.
(b) With taunts and insults.
(c) With cheers and happiness.
(d) With isolation.
7. What does Ajax mention doing to the sword during his soliloquy before his death?
(a) Dulling his sword.
(b) Using his sword.
(c) Polishing his sword.
(d) Sharpening his sword.
8. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(b) Those who fought Ajax.
(c) Those who shamed Ajax.
(d) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
9. Who is "Thestor's son"?
(b) The Seer.
10. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows by the river.
(b) To the meadows in the trees.
(c) To the meadows over the hill.
(d) To the meadows by the shore.
11. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
(a) On his ship.
(b) In his hut.
(c) At the fire.
(d) In his tent.
12. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
(a) Great cunning.
(b) Great confidence.
(c) Great intelligence.
(d) Great pride.
13. Who does Ajax call to claim him, before falling on his sword?
14. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
(a) Next to a tree.
(b) In front of his sword.
(c) In the water.
(d) On a rock.
15. When the Choruses first appear after Ajax's death, what are they complaining about?
(a) How futile their searches are.
(b) How their feet hurt from searching.
(c) How hot it is while they are searching.
(d) How hard their searches for Ajax are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
2. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
3. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
4. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
5. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)