|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
(a) The rules of society.
(b) The rules of warfare.
(c) The rules of man.
(d) The rules of nature.
2. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
(a) Because revenge is not honorable.
(b) Because you are acting out of emotion, not thought.
(c) Because revenge is for commoners.
(d) Because emotional behavior is for women.
3. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds contentment.
(b) He prays he finds happiness.
(c) He prays he finds peace.
(d) He prays he finds rest.
4. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
(a) Loved her.
(b) Hated her.
(c) Deceived her.
(d) Minimized her.
5. What does inter mean?
(a) To clothe.
(b) To save.
(c) To bury.
(d) To put away.
6. What does Ajax mention doing to the sword during his soliloquy before his death?
(a) Polishing his sword.
(b) Sharpening his sword.
(c) Dulling his sword.
(d) Using his sword.
7. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mentor.
8. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) Ajax's son.
9. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
(b) His fellow warriors.
(c) His father.
(d) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
10. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
(a) The messenger.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) Her son.
(d) The leader.
11. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
(a) The Flurries.
(b) The Harpies.
(c) The Fates.
(d) The Furies.
12. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
(a) In front of his sword.
(b) In the water.
(c) On a rock.
(d) Next to a tree.
13. Who discovers Ajax's body?
14. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
15. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax's wife cover Ajax's body with?
2. Who is "Thestor's son"?
3. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
4. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
5. Who is the god of the sun?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)