|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A failing mood.
(b) A black mood.
(c) A dark mood.
(d) A curse.
2. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
3. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(a) The gods.
(c) His wife.
(d) The spirits of slain warriors.
4. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
(a) Nothing, he would ride home.
(b) Aegean sea.
(c) Cretian sea.
(d) Inland sea.
5. What is Menelaus' title?
6. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
7. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
8. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Return to sanity.
(b) Return to his tent.
(c) Pay heed to the gods.
(d) Take back his insolence against the gods.
9. What is Ajax's mother's name?
10. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
11. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
12. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
(a) The forrest.
(c) The sea.
13. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His grandmother.
14. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
15. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's tent.
(b) Outside Ajax's ship.
(c) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(d) Outside Ajax's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
2. Who is Tecmessa?
3. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
4. When is this play set?
5. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)