|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Right to left.
(b) Left to right.
(c) Front to back.
(d) Back to front.
2. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(b) The Chorus.
3. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His sister.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt.
4. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
5. What is the name of Ajax's son?
6. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
(a) Doesn't want to raise his son.
(b) Doesn't want to leave the battle.
(c) Doesn't want to face the humiliation.
(d) Doesn't want to leave Odysseus behind.
7. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's father.
(b) Ajax's king.
(c) Ajax's son.
(d) Ajax's brother.
8. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him stronger.
(b) Make him invisible.
(c) Make him wiser.
(d) Make him invincible.
9. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Atreidae.
(b) The Ristrivide.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The Council.
10. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
11. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
(a) His sword.
(b) His horse.
(c) His shield.
(d) His ring.
12. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
13. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of peace.
(b) Goddess of strife.
(c) Goddess of war.
(d) Goddess of conflict.
14. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
15. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A dark mood.
(b) A curse.
(c) A failing mood.
(d) A black mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
2. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
3. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
4. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
5. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)