|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
2. What is the strophe?
(a) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
3. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What is the name of Ajax's son?
5. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
6. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of conflict.
(b) Goddess of strife.
(c) Goddess of war.
(d) Goddess of peace.
7. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' wife.
(b) Achilles' title.
(c) Achilles' land.
(d) Achilles' armor and weapons.
8. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Right to left.
(b) Front to back.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Left to right.
9. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His greed.
(c) His illness.
(d) His wounded honor.
10. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
(a) His shield.
(b) His ring.
(c) His sword.
(d) His horse.
11. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
12. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
13. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
14. What is Menelaus' title?
15. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Living in shame.
(b) Living in fear.
(c) Capture by the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
2. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
4. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
5. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)