|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Capture by the enemy.
(b) Living in shame.
(c) Living in fear.
2. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be buried with him.
(b) It will be used by someone else.
(c) It will be burned.
(d) It will be thrown in the ocean.
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Group.
(c) The Orchestra.
(d) The Chorus.
4. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
5. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(a) The gods.
(b) His mother.
6. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
7. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
8. What is Odysseus king of?
9. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
10. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
11. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Back to front.
(b) Left to right.
(c) Right to left.
(d) Front to back.
12. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
(b) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(c) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(d) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
13. What is the name of Ajax's son?
14. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
(a) Took him back to the ship.
(b) Sent him to battle.
(c) Sent him home.
(d) Hid him.
15. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Ristrivide.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Atreidae.
(d) The Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
2. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
3. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
4. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
5. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)