Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) The trees.
(d) From the shadows.
2. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A black mood.
(b) A curse.
(c) A dark mood.
(d) A failing mood.
3. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lamentes.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Laertes.
(d) Son of Lional.
4. What is the strophe?
(a) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(b) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(c) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(d) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
5. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
6. What is the epode?
(a) Third verse.
(b) Added song.
(c) Middle of the song.
(d) Ending of the song.
7. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
8. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
9. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Creatians.
10. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's brother.
(b) Ajax's son.
(c) Ajax's father.
(d) Ajax's king.
11. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
(b) On a boat.
(d) In slavery somewhere.
12. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A strong warrior.
(b) A great warrior.
(c) A smart warrior.
(d) A benevolent warrior.
13. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His greed.
(c) His wounded honor.
(d) His illness.
14. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
15. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be used by someone else.
(b) It will be burned.
(c) It will be buried with him.
(d) It will be thrown in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
2. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
3. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
4. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
5. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)