|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
2. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
3. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) Out of madness.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of jealousy.
4. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
5. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
6. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
(a) The forrest.
(c) The sea.
7. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Front to back.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Left to right.
8. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(a) Ajax's father.
(d) The Chorus.
9. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
10. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the exposition.
(b) As the falling action.
(c) As the climax.
(d) As the rising action.
11. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
12. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(a) His mother.
(c) The gods.
13. What is Menelaus' title?
14. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Atreidae.
(c) The Ristrivide.
(d) The Council.
15. What is the epode?
(a) Middle of the song.
(b) Third verse.
(c) Ending of the song.
(d) Added song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
2. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
3. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
4. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
5. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)