|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
2. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His greed.
(c) His illness.
(d) His wounded honor.
3. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
4. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
5. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A benevolent warrior.
(b) A smart warrior.
(c) A strong warrior.
(d) A great warrior.
6. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Left to right.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Front to back.
7. What is Ajax's mother's name?
8. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
9. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
10. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
11. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His carriage.
(b) His tent.
(c) His house.
(d) His ship.
12. What is Menelaus' title?
13. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
14. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
15. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
(a) Sent him to battle.
(b) Took him back to the ship.
(c) Hid him.
(d) Sent him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the epode?
2. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
3. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
4. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
5. When is this play set?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)