|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
2. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(a) Is given to another man.
(b) Becomes a slave.
(d) Has to stay home and raise her son.
3. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be buried with him.
(b) It will be thrown in the ocean.
(c) It will be burned.
(d) It will be used by someone else.
4. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(a) His mother.
(c) The gods.
5. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
6. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) The trees.
(c) From the shadows.
7. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
(b) The dancing of the Chorus.
(c) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(d) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
8. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(a) The Chorus.
9. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(b) His father and Agamemnon.
(c) Menelaus and Odysseus.
(d) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
10. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's father.
(b) Ajax's king.
(c) Ajax's brother.
(d) Ajax's son.
11. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
12. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Group.
(b) The Men.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Orchestra.
13. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A benevolent warrior.
(b) A smart warrior.
(c) A strong warrior.
(d) A great warrior.
14. What is Menelaus' title?
15. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lamentes.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Lional.
(d) Son of Laertes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
2. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
3. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
4. Who is Tecmessa?
5. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)