|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
(a) Hid him.
(b) Sent him home.
(c) Took him back to the ship.
(d) Sent him to battle.
2. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
(a) The ground.
(b) The sky.
(c) The stars.
(d) The trees.
3. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of strife.
(b) Goddess of conflict.
(c) Goddess of peace.
(d) Goddess of war.
4. When is this play set?
(a) Early in the Spartan War.
(b) Early in the Trojan War.
(c) Late in the Spartan War.
(d) Late in the Trojan War.
5. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
6. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) Out of madness.
(d) Out of jealousy.
7. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A benevolent warrior.
(b) A smart warrior.
(c) A great warrior.
(d) A strong warrior.
8. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Right to left.
(b) Front to back.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Left to right.
9. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lional.
(b) Son of Lamentes.
(c) Son of Langed.
(d) Son of Laertes.
10. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
11. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(b) The dancing of the Chorus.
(c) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(d) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
12. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Group.
13. What is the name of Ajax's son?
14. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Ristrivide.
(c) The Atreidae.
(d) The Council.
15. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be used by someone else.
(b) It will be thrown in the ocean.
(c) It will be burned.
(d) It will be buried with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
3. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
4. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)