|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
2. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(b) The gods.
(d) His mother.
3. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
4. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's captive.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's wife.
(d) Ajax's daughter.
5. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(c) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(d) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
6. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
7. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
(a) Aegean sea.
(b) Nothing, he would ride home.
(c) Cretian sea.
(d) Inland sea.
8. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
9. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's king.
(b) Ajax's son.
(c) Ajax's brother.
(d) Ajax's father.
10. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
11. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Creatians.
12. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
13. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(b) Outside Ajax's ship.
(c) Outside Ajax's tent.
(d) Outside Ajax's home.
14. What is the name of Ajax's son?
15. What is Menelaus' title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
2. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
3. What is the antistrophe?
4. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
5. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)