|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) His brother.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
2. What is the name of Ajax's son?
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) Menelaus and Odysseus.
(b) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
(c) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(d) His father and Agamemnon.
4. What is Menelaus' title?
5. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(d) The middle of the Chorus' song.
6. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
7. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His life.
(b) His soul.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His honor.
8. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
9. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
(c) On a boat.
(d) In slavery somewhere.
10. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him wiser.
(b) Make him stronger.
(c) Make him invincible.
(d) Make him invisible.
11. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Atreidae.
(b) The Council.
(c) The Ristrivide.
(d) The Senate.
12. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(d) The Chorus.
13. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
14. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lamentes.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Laertes.
(d) Son of Lional.
15. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
2. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
3. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
4. What is Odysseus king of?
5. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)