|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
2. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
3. What is Odysseus king of?
4. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' wife.
(b) Achilles' land.
(c) Achilles' title.
(d) Achilles' armor and weapons.
5. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Group.
6. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of jealousy.
(c) Out of madness.
(d) Out of spite.
7. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His aunt.
8. When is this play set?
(a) Early in the Spartan War.
(b) Late in the Spartan War.
(c) Late in the Trojan War.
(d) Early in the Trojan War.
9. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A great warrior.
(b) A smart warrior.
(c) A benevolent warrior.
(d) A strong warrior.
10. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
11. What is the name of Ajax's son?
12. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His illness.
(b) His wounded honor.
(c) His injuries.
(d) His greed.
13. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Return to his tent.
(b) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(c) Return to sanity.
(d) Pay heed to the gods.
14. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's ship.
(b) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(c) Outside Ajax's home.
(d) Outside Ajax's tent.
15. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
2. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
3. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
4. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
5. Who is Telamon?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)