|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
(a) The ground.
(b) The trees.
(c) The sky.
(d) The stars.
2. What is Odysseus king of?
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) His father and Agamemnon.
(b) Menelaus and Odysseus.
(c) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
(d) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
4. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Pay heed to the gods.
(b) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(c) Return to his tent.
(d) Return to sanity.
5. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
6. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Front to back.
(b) Back to front.
(c) Right to left.
(d) Left to right.
7. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
8. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Creatians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Greeks.
9. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
(b) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(c) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(d) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
10. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
11. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(b) Ajax's father.
(d) The Chorus.
12. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(c) The Chorus.
13. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
(a) His ring.
(b) His horse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His shield.
14. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
15. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
2. Who is Telamon?
3. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
4. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)