|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A strong warrior.
(b) A benevolent warrior.
(c) A great warrior.
(d) A smart warrior.
2. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's son.
(b) Ajax's king.
(c) Ajax's brother.
(d) Ajax's father.
3. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
5. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His house.
(b) His ship.
(c) His tent.
(d) His carriage.
6. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(c) The Chorus.
7. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
8. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
(a) Doesn't want to face the humiliation.
(b) Doesn't want to raise his son.
(c) Doesn't want to leave the battle.
(d) Doesn't want to leave Odysseus behind.
9. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His illness.
(c) His wounded honor.
(d) His greed.
10. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
11. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) The trees.
(c) From the shadows.
12. What is the epode?
(a) Added song.
(b) Third verse.
(c) Ending of the song.
(d) Middle of the song.
13. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(b) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
(c) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(d) To serve as help for Odysseus.
14. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
15. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(a) Becomes a slave.
(b) Has to stay home and raise her son.
(c) Is given to another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
2. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
3. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
4. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
5. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)