|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
(c) The forrest.
(d) The sea.
2. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Group.
(d) The Chorus.
3. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Right to left.
(b) Back to front.
(c) Front to back.
(d) Left to right.
4. What is the strophe?
(a) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
5. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) His son.
6. What is Menelaus' title?
7. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
8. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
9. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A failing mood.
(b) A black mood.
(c) A dark mood.
(d) A curse.
10. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(a) Becomes a slave.
(b) Is given to another man.
(c) Has to stay home and raise her son.
11. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
12. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) Ajax's father.
13. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
(a) His ring.
(b) His sword.
(c) His horse.
(d) His shield.
14. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Front to back.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Left to right.
15. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
2. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
3. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
4. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
5. Who is Tecmessa?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)