|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
2. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of peace.
(b) Goddess of strife.
(c) Goddess of conflict.
(d) Goddess of war.
3. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A coward.
(c) A fool.
(d) A smart man.
4. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Ristrivide.
(c) The Atreidae.
(d) The Council.
5. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His greed.
(b) His injuries.
(c) His illness.
(d) His wounded honor.
6. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(b) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
(c) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(d) The dancing of the Chorus.
7. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(b) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(c) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
(d) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
8. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's daughter.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's captive.
(d) Ajax's wife.
9. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His ship.
(b) His carriage.
(c) His tent.
(d) His house.
10. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be thrown in the ocean.
(b) It will be buried with him.
(c) It will be burned.
(d) It will be used by someone else.
11. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(b) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
(c) His father and Agamemnon.
(d) Menelaus and Odysseus.
12. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
13. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
14. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' title.
(b) Achilles' wife.
(c) Achilles' land.
(d) Achilles' armor and weapons.
15. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(a) Ajax's father.
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
2. What is Ajax's mother's name?
3. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
4. What is Menelaus' title?
5. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)