Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why is Odysseus standing outside of Ajax's tent at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Athena say when she first appears to Odysseus and why does she appear?
3. What started the Trojan War?
4. Describe Odysseus.
5. Why does Odysseus pity Ajax?
6. What does Athena say is the warning embodied by Ajax's behavior?
7. When the Chorus first appears, what do they say and why?
8. Why does Athena offer to bring Ajax out of his tent?
9. How, and why, does Athena protect Odysseus when she brings Ajax out of his tent?
10. What is the purpose of the initial conversation between Odysseus and Athena?
11. How is the theme of honor brought up in the first lines of the Chorus?
12. What is the Chorus?
13. What does Tecmessa tell the Chorus the first time she appears, and in what tone does she say it?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)