|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
2. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
(a) Painful and angry grief.
(b) Sorrowful and distant grief.
(c) Ugly and horrendous grief.
(d) Pitiful and shameful grief.
3. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
4. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
(a) By going home.
(b) By burying his sword.
(c) By burning an offering to the gods.
(d) By burying his armor.
5. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(b) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(c) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(d) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
2. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
3. What does Teucer say Ajax owed Menelaus?
4. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
5. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)