|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mentor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
3. What qualities of Odysseus does Teucer praise?
(a) His graciousness and wisdom.
(b) His logic and sensibility.
(c) His intelligence and skill.
(d) His strength and reason.
4. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
(a) Despair and reconciliation.
(b) Peace and prosperity.
(c) War and death.
(d) More killing and humiliation.
5. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
(a) A woman.
(c) The gods.
(d) An act of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
2. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
4. What is the strophe?
5. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)