|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a lament?
(a) An expression of tiredness.
(b) An expression of death.
(c) An expression of grief.
(d) An expression of pain.
2. Who is the god of the sun?
3. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
(b) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
(c) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(d) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
4. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His tent.
(b) His ship.
(c) His house.
(d) His carriage.
5. Who is "Thestor's son"?
(b) The Seer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hubris?
2. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
4. What is the epode?
5. Who helps Teucer lift the body into the grave?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)