|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
2. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
(a) To prevent others from knowing how he died.
(b) Because it is a horrible sight.
(c) To prevent someone from hurting the body.
(d) To keep herself clean while carrying the body.
3. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
(a) An act of nature.
(b) The gods.
(c) A woman.
4. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The leaders.
(c) The Chorus.
5. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Teucer lift the body into the grave?
2. According to Teucer, what kind of things did Agamemnon's father do?
3. What does inter mean?
4. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
5. What is a dirge?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)