|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Teucer and Menelaus quote, to support their position of burial or no burial for Ajax?
2. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
(a) The underbrush.
(b) The rocks.
(c) The trees.
(d) The waves.
4. Why does Menelaus tell Teucer to not bury Ajax's body?
(a) Because Ajax angered the gods.
(b) Because Ajax betrayed the Greek army.
(c) Because Ajax was not a good warrior.
(d) Because Ajax was mad.
5. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows over the hill.
(b) To the meadows by the river.
(c) To the meadows by the shore.
(d) To the meadows in the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
2. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
3. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
4. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
5. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)