|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Part IV begin?
(a) Beside an isolated river.
(b) On an isolated beach.
(c) In an isolated valley.
(d) Next to a ship.
2. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) A foe.
(b) A fraud.
(c) Not a friend.
(d) Not a prophet.
3. Who says, 'No man may read the future, or his fate"?
(b) The leader.
(d) The Chorus.
4. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(b) Outside Ajax's ship.
(c) Outside Ajax's home.
(d) Outside Ajax's tent.
5. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Capture by the enemy.
(c) Living in fear.
(d) Living in shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ajax join the war against Troy?
2. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
4. What does inter mean?
5. When Agamemnon begins to argue with Teucer, what does the Chorus want Agamemnon to do?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)