|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ajax join the war against Troy?
(a) To honor his oath of loyalty to Agamemnon.
(b) To honor his oath of loyalty to Odysseus.
(c) To honor his oath of loyalty to his father.
(d) To honor his oath of loyalty to Achilles.
2. Who is "Thestor's son"?
(d) The Seer.
3. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive honor.
(b) Excessive pride.
(c) Excessive bragging.
(d) Excessive boasting.
4. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds contentment.
(b) He prays he finds happiness.
(c) He prays he finds peace.
(d) He prays he finds rest.
5. Who helps Teucer lift the body into the grave?
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
2. What is Menelaus' title?
3. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
4. Who discovers Ajax's body?
5. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)