|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him invincible.
(b) Make him wiser.
(c) Make him stronger.
(d) Make him invisible.
2. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's captive.
(b) Ajax's wife.
(c) Ajax's servant.
(d) Ajax's daughter.
3. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
(a) Achilles' horse.
(b) Odysseus' horse.
(c) Achilles' chariot.
(d) Odysseus' chariot.
4. Why did Ajax join the war against Troy?
(a) To honor his oath of loyalty to Odysseus.
(b) To honor his oath of loyalty to Agamemnon.
(c) To honor his oath of loyalty to his father.
(d) To honor his oath of loyalty to Achilles.
5. What is a lament?
(a) An expression of pain.
(b) An expression of death.
(c) An expression of tiredness.
(d) An expression of grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
3. What happened to Agamemnon's mother, according to Teucer?
4. Where does Part IV begin?
5. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)