|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
(a) The rules of society.
(b) The rules of warfare.
(c) The rules of nature.
(d) The rules of man.
2. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A great warrior.
(b) A benevolent warrior.
(c) A strong warrior.
(d) A smart warrior.
3. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(d) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
4. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
(a) Sorrowful and distant grief.
(b) Painful and angry grief.
(c) Pitiful and shameful grief.
(d) Ugly and horrendous grief.
5. Where does Part IV begin?
(a) In an isolated valley.
(b) Next to a ship.
(c) On an isolated beach.
(d) Beside an isolated river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
2. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
3. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
4. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
5. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)