|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
(a) Loved her.
(b) Deceived her.
(c) Minimized her.
(d) Hated her.
3. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Creatians.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Trojans.
4. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Wisdom from his father.
(b) Wisdom from his mother.
(c) Good advice from wise counselors.
(d) Ancient proverb.
5. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' second lines.
(b) In the Chorus' first lines.
(c) In the Chorus' third lines.
(d) In the Chorus' last lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
2. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
3. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
4. What does Ajax mention doing to the sword during his soliloquy before his death?
5. What is Ajax's mother's name?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)