|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the god of the sun?
2. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(a) The gods.
(b) His wife.
(d) The spirits of slain warriors.
3. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
(a) To prevent others from knowing how he died.
(b) Because it is a horrible sight.
(c) To prevent someone from hurting the body.
(d) To keep herself clean while carrying the body.
4. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(b) The gods.
(d) His mother.
5. Where does Part IV begin?
(a) In an isolated valley.
(b) On an isolated beach.
(c) Beside an isolated river.
(d) Next to a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
2. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
3. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
4. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
5. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)