|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a dirge?
(a) A song that expresses true love.
(b) A song to express feeling.
(c) A somber song to express mourning.
(d) A somber song to express evil feelings.
2. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
(a) Her son.
(b) The leader.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The messenger.
4. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
(a) The waves.
(b) The trees.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The underbrush.
5. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
(a) Great intelligence.
(b) Great pride.
(c) Great cunning.
(d) Great confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
2. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
3. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
4. Who is Telamon?
5. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)