|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Part IV begin?
(a) On an isolated beach.
(b) In an isolated valley.
(c) Next to a ship.
(d) Beside an isolated river.
2. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
3. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
(a) To prevent someone from hurting the body.
(b) To keep herself clean while carrying the body.
(c) Because it is a horrible sight.
(d) To prevent others from knowing how he died.
4. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
(a) On a rock.
(b) In the water.
(c) Next to a tree.
(d) In front of his sword.
5. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
(a) Ajax's son.
(b) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
4. When is this play set?
5. Who does Ajax call to claim him, before falling on his sword?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)