|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
2. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
(a) Because revenge is for commoners.
(b) Because revenge is not honorable.
(c) Because you are acting out of emotion, not thought.
(d) Because emotional behavior is for women.
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the rising action.
(b) As the falling action.
(c) As the exposition.
(d) As the climax.
4. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(b) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(c) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(d) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
5. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) Not a prophet.
(b) A fraud.
(c) A foe.
(d) Not a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
2. Who is the god of the sun?
3. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
4. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)