|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
(a) The Flurries.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The Harpies.
(d) The Furies.
2. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Return to sanity.
(b) Pay heed to the gods.
(c) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(d) Return to his tent.
3. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian ships.
(b) The Mysian plains.
(c) The Mysian heights.
(d) The Mysian shores.
4. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
5. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
(a) As possibly wrong.
(b) As infallible.
(c) As full truths.
(d) As partial truths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
2. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
3. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
4. What is the antistrophe?
5. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)