|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
(b) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(c) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(d) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
2. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's captive.
(b) Ajax's wife.
(c) Ajax's daughter.
(d) Ajax's servant.
3. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
(a) Hilt first.
(b) Flat, on its side.
(c) Standing on its edge.
(d) Point first.
4. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
(a) Next to a tree.
(b) On a rock.
(c) In front of his sword.
(d) In the water.
5. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
(a) To stop them from following him.
(b) To stop them from pleading with him.
(c) To stop them from helping him.
(d) To stop them from killing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
2. What is Menelaus' title?
3. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
4. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
5. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)