|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(b) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(d) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
2. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
3. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
(d) His son.
4. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
(b) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(c) Those who shamed Ajax.
(d) Those who fought Ajax.
5. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
(a) Because emotional behavior is for women.
(b) Because revenge is not honorable.
(c) Because you are acting out of emotion, not thought.
(d) Because revenge is for commoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. Who does Ajax call to claim him, before falling on his sword?
3. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
4. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
5. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)