|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A spear.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) His armor.
2. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
3. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His carriage.
(b) His tent.
(c) His ship.
(d) His house.
4. Who is the god of the sun?
5. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(b) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(c) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
(d) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
2. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
3. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
4. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
5. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)