|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
(c) The Chorus.
2. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
(a) The Gods.
3. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
4. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) Out of madness.
(d) Out of jealousy.
5. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
2. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
3. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
4. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
5. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)