|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Left to right.
(b) Front to back.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Right to left.
2. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Furies.
(b) The Horsemen.
(c) The Harpies.
(d) The Fates.
3. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
(c) His son.
4. What is a dirge?
(a) A song to express feeling.
(b) A song that expresses true love.
(c) A somber song to express evil feelings.
(d) A somber song to express mourning.
5. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' last lines.
(b) In the Chorus' second lines.
(c) In the Chorus' third lines.
(d) In the Chorus' first lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
2. What does Ajax's wife cover Ajax's body with?
3. What is the name of Ajax's son?
4. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
5. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)