|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(b) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(c) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(d) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
2. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of conflict.
(b) Goddess of peace.
(c) Goddess of strife.
(d) Goddess of war.
3. Who is "Thestor's son"?
(a) The Seer.
4. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A knife.
(b) A spear.
(c) His armor.
(d) A sword.
5. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
2. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
3. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
4. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
5. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)