|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(b) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(c) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(d) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
2. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Return to sanity.
(b) Pay heed to the gods.
(c) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(d) Return to his tent.
3. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
(a) By going home.
(b) By burying his sword.
(c) By burning an offering to the gods.
(d) By burying his armor.
4. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(a) The trees.
(b) From the shadows.
5. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
(a) In his tent.
(b) In the infirmary.
(c) In the camp.
(d) On his ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
2. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
3. When is this play set?
4. What is Ajax's mother's name?
5. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)