|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
2. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
(a) The sailors.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The servants.
3. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
(a) Doesn't want to raise his son.
(b) Doesn't want to face the humiliation.
(c) Doesn't want to leave the battle.
(d) Doesn't want to leave Odysseus behind.
4. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
5. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The leaders.
(d) The soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
2. When is this play set?
3. In Greek drama, killing and humiliation bring what?
4. What is the antistrophe?
5. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)