|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
(a) Steal Ajax's son.
(b) Share more rumors.
(c) Take Ajax's body.
(d) Mock his misery.
2. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lamentes.
(b) Son of Lional.
(c) Son of Langed.
(d) Son of Laertes.
3. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
(a) His ring.
(b) His horse.
(c) His shield.
(d) His sword.
4. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' first lines.
(b) In the Chorus' last lines.
(c) In the Chorus' second lines.
(d) In the Chorus' third lines.
5. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
2. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
4. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
5. Where does Part IV begin?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)