|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
(a) Those who didn't stop Ajax.
(b) Those who shamed Ajax.
(c) Those who betrayed Ajax.
(d) Those who fought Ajax.
2. Who is "Thestor's son"?
(d) The Seer.
3. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a minor insight into the characters.
(b) He is a common narrative device.
(c) He is a common informational device.
(d) He is a minor character.
4. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
5. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
2. Who is Tecmessa?
3. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
4. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
5. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)