|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
(a) By burying his armor.
(b) By going home.
(c) By burying his sword.
(d) By burning an offering to the gods.
2. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a common narrative device.
(b) He is a minor character.
(c) He is a minor insight into the characters.
(d) He is a common informational device.
3. Teucer predicts that his father will feel what kind of grief?
(a) Sorrowful and distant grief.
(b) Painful and angry grief.
(c) Ugly and horrendous grief.
(d) Pitiful and shameful grief.
4. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
(b) In slavery somewhere.
(c) On a boat.
5. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
(a) Great intelligence.
(b) Great pride.
(c) Great confidence.
(d) Great cunning.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
2. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
3. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
4. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
5. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)