|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Ajax's son.
(c) The gods.
2. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
3. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(b) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(c) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(d) Marriages, births, and battles.
4. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) Not a prophet.
(b) A foe.
(c) A fraud.
(d) Not a friend.
5. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
4. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
5. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)