|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
(a) Deceived her.
(b) Loved her.
(c) Minimized her.
(d) Hated her.
2. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
(a) A fool.
(b) A coward.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A religious man.
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the climax.
(b) As the rising action.
(c) As the falling action.
(d) As the exposition.
4. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
(a) His father.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(d) His fellow warriors.
5. What is a dirge?
(a) A song that expresses true love.
(b) A somber song to express evil feelings.
(c) A somber song to express mourning.
(d) A song to express feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
2. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
3. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
4. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
5. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)