|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
(a) Doesn't want to raise his son.
(b) Doesn't want to leave Odysseus behind.
(c) Doesn't want to leave the battle.
(d) Doesn't want to face the humiliation.
2. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(b) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(c) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
(d) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
3. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive boasting.
(b) Excessive bragging.
(c) Excessive pride.
(d) Excessive honor.
4. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
5. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
2. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
3. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
4. Who is "Thestor's son"?
5. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)