|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows over the hill.
(b) To the meadows by the shore.
(c) To the meadows in the trees.
(d) To the meadows by the river.
2. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Living in fear.
(b) Capture by the enemy.
(c) Living in shame.
3. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
(a) Because it was a common way of life.
(b) Because it helps explore humanity's dark side.
(c) Because it shows humanity's duplicity.
(d) Because it helps explore humanity's passionate and impulsive nature.
4. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A spear.
(b) A knife.
(c) His armor.
(d) A sword.
5. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Horsemen.
(b) The Furies.
(c) The Fates.
(d) The Harpies.
Short Answer Questions
1. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
2. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
3. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
4. Who does Ajax pray will carry the news of his death to his parents?
5. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)