|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
2. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Living in shame.
(b) Capture by the enemy.
(c) Living in fear.
3. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
(a) The trees.
(b) The waves.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The underbrush.
4. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A black mood.
(b) A dark mood.
(c) A failing mood.
(d) A curse.
5. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows by the river.
(b) To the meadows over the hill.
(c) To the meadows by the shore.
(d) To the meadows in the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
2. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
4. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
5. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)