|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
2. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A smart warrior.
(b) A benevolent warrior.
(c) A strong warrior.
(d) A great warrior.
3. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
(a) Because it helps explore humanity's dark side.
(b) Because it was a common way of life.
(c) Because it shows humanity's duplicity.
(d) Because it helps explore humanity's passionate and impulsive nature.
4. When the Choruses first appear after Ajax's death, what are they complaining about?
(a) How hot it is while they are searching.
(b) How hard their searches for Ajax are.
(c) How their feet hurt from searching.
(d) How futile their searches are.
5. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(b) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(c) Marriages, births, and battles.
(d) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
2. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
3. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
4. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
5. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)