|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' third lines.
(b) In the Chorus' last lines.
(c) In the Chorus' second lines.
(d) In the Chorus' first lines.
2. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Back to front.
(b) Left to right.
(c) Front to back.
(d) Right to left.
3. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(a) The spirits of slain warriors.
(c) His wife.
(d) The gods.
4. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
5. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
(a) His fellow warriors.
(c) His father.
(d) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
2. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
3. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
4. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
5. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)