|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Council.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Atreidae.
(d) The Ristrivide.
2. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
3. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' last lines.
(b) In the Chorus' second lines.
(c) In the Chorus' third lines.
(d) In the Chorus' first lines.
4. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(b) The Gods.
5. What is a dirge?
(a) A somber song to express evil feelings.
(b) A song that expresses true love.
(c) A song to express feeling.
(d) A somber song to express mourning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
2. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
3. What is the name of Ajax's son?
4. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
5. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)