|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) His father.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
2. Who urges Teucer to plan Ajax's funeral?
(b) Ajax's son.
(d) The Chorus.
3. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(b) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(c) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(d) Marriages, births, and battles.
4. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The middle of the Chorus' song.
5. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(a) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
2. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
3. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
4. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
5. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)