|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Laertes.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Lamentes.
(d) Son of Lional.
3. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him stronger.
(b) Make him invisible.
(c) Make him wiser.
(d) Make him invincible.
4. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(a) The spirits of slain warriors.
(b) The gods.
(c) His wife.
5. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
(a) Doesn't want to leave the battle.
(b) Doesn't want to raise his son.
(c) Doesn't want to face the humiliation.
(d) Doesn't want to leave Odysseus behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
2. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
3. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
4. When is this play set?
5. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)