|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
(d) The Gods.
3. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mentor.
(d) His mother.
4. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
5. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
2. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
3. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
4. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
5. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)