|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
2. When is this play set?
(a) Late in the Trojan War.
(b) Early in the Trojan War.
(c) Late in the Spartan War.
(d) Early in the Spartan War.
3. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
(a) His father.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(d) His fellow warriors.
4. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(b) The Gods.
5. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
3. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
4. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
5. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)