|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
(b) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(c) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(d) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
3. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds contentment.
(b) He prays he finds happiness.
(c) He prays he finds peace.
(d) He prays he finds rest.
4. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His mentor.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lional.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Laertes.
(d) Son of Lamentes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
2. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
4. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
5. Who is the first speaker in the play?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)