|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Creatians.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Greeks.
2. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's son.
(b) Ajax's brother.
(c) Ajax's king.
(d) Ajax's father.
3. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be burned.
(b) It will be thrown in the ocean.
(c) It will be used by someone else.
(d) It will be buried with him.
4. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(d) The Chorus.
5. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Capture by the enemy.
(c) Living in shame.
(d) Living in fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
2. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
3. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
4. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
5. What is hubris?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)