|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
2. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His soul.
(c) His life.
(d) His honor.
3. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(c) The Gods.
4. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Langed.
(b) Son of Lamentes.
(c) Son of Lional.
(d) Son of Laertes.
5. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
2. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
3. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
4. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
5. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)