|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Creatians.
2. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' armor and weapons.
(b) Achilles' wife.
(c) Achilles' title.
(d) Achilles' land.
3. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(b) Becomes a slave.
(c) Has to stay home and raise her son.
(d) Is given to another man.
4. Who enters while Ajax is speaking to the Chorus in Part III?
(b) His son.
5. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(a) His wife.
(c) The gods.
(d) The spirits of slain warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
2. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
3. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
4. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
5. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)