|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His honor.
(c) His soul.
(d) His life.
2. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(c) The Chorus.
3. What is the epode?
(a) Middle of the song.
(b) Third verse.
(c) Ending of the song.
(d) Added song.
4. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of conflict.
(b) Goddess of war.
(c) Goddess of peace.
(d) Goddess of strife.
5. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
2. Who calls for Tecmessa to come listen to the messenger?
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
4. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
5. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)