|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
2. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
(c) Their duty.
(d) Bringing honor to themselves.
3. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' title.
(b) Achilles' wife.
(c) Achilles' armor and weapons.
(d) Achilles' land.
4. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(d) The Chorus.
5. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a common narrative device.
(b) He is a minor insight into the characters.
(c) He is a minor character.
(d) He is a common informational device.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
2. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
3. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
4. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
5. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)