|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(b) Pay heed to the gods.
(c) Return to his tent.
(d) Return to sanity.
2. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(b) The Chorus.
4. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
5. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
2. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
3. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
4. What is the strophe?
5. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)