|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The middle of the Chorus' song.
2. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The sailors.
(c) The servants.
(d) The Chorus.
3. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Creatians.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Greeks.
4. In Ajax's youth, what did he want to win alone, without the help of the gods?
5. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(b) Is given to another man.
(c) Becomes a slave.
(d) Has to stay home and raise her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
4. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
5. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)