|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
(b) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(c) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(d) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
2. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
(a) By going home.
(b) By burning an offering to the gods.
(c) By burying his armor.
(d) By burying his sword.
3. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Back to front.
(b) Left to right.
(c) Right to left.
(d) Front to back.
4. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian heights.
(b) The Mysian plains.
(c) The Mysian shores.
(d) The Mysian ships.
5. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' title.
(b) Achilles' land.
(c) Achilles' armor and weapons.
(d) Achilles' wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
2. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
3. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
4. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
5. What is the epode?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)