|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His soul.
(b) His life.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His honor.
2. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' third lines.
(b) In the Chorus' first lines.
(c) In the Chorus' last lines.
(d) In the Chorus' second lines.
3. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
(a) A fool.
(b) A coward.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A religious man.
4. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Left to right.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Back to front.
(d) Front to back.
5. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
(a) Nothing, he would ride home.
(b) Inland sea.
(c) Cretian sea.
(d) Aegean sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
3. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
4. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
5. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)