|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
2. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's daughter.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's wife.
(d) Ajax's captive.
3. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) Out of madness.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of jealousy.
4. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the climax.
(b) As the falling action.
(c) As the rising action.
(d) As the exposition.
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lamentes.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Lional.
(d) Son of Laertes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is this play set?
2. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
4. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
5. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)