|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ajax's son?
2. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
3. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
4. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) His father and Agamemnon.
(b) Menelaus and Odysseus.
(c) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
(d) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
5. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A failing mood.
(b) A curse.
(c) A dark mood.
(d) A black mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
2. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
4. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
5. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)