|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' third lines.
(b) In the Chorus' last lines.
(c) In the Chorus' second lines.
(d) In the Chorus' first lines.
2. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the falling action.
(b) As the rising action.
(c) As the climax.
(d) As the exposition.
4. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Return to sanity.
(b) Pay heed to the gods.
(c) Return to his tent.
(d) Take back his insolence against the gods.
5. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(b) The dancing of the Chorus.
(c) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(d) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
2. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
4. What is the strophe?
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)