|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him invisible.
(b) Make him stronger.
(c) Make him wiser.
(d) Make him invincible.
2. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lional.
(b) Son of Lamentes.
(c) Son of Laertes.
(d) Son of Langed.
3. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Creatians.
(d) The Spartans.
4. What is the name of Ajax's son?
5. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
4. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
5. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)