|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
2. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
3. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
4. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
(a) Doesn't want to raise his son.
(b) Doesn't want to leave Odysseus behind.
(c) Doesn't want to face the humiliation.
(d) Doesn't want to leave the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
2. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
4. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
5. What is the strophe?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)