|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the falling action.
(b) As the exposition.
(c) As the rising action.
(d) As the climax.
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His sister.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
3. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A black mood.
(b) A dark mood.
(c) A curse.
(d) A failing mood.
4. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's brother.
(b) Ajax's king.
(c) Ajax's father.
(d) Ajax's son.
5. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
2. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
3. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
4. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
5. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)