|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His honor.
(c) His soul.
(d) His life.
2. What is Odysseus king of?
3. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
4. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
(a) Cretian sea.
(b) Inland sea.
(c) Nothing, he would ride home.
(d) Aegean sea.
5. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
(b) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(c) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(d) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
2. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
3. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
4. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)