|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
2. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His life.
(b) His soul.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His honor.
3. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(b) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(c) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
(d) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
4. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' first lines.
(b) In the Chorus' third lines.
(c) In the Chorus' last lines.
(d) In the Chorus' second lines.
5. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
2. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
3. Who is Tecmessa?
4. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
5. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)