|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(b) Ajax's father.
(d) The Chorus.
2. When is this play set?
(a) Late in the Spartan War.
(b) Early in the Trojan War.
(c) Late in the Trojan War.
(d) Early in the Spartan War.
3. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's daughter.
(b) Ajax's wife.
(c) Ajax's servant.
(d) Ajax's captive.
4. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
5. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
(a) Cretian sea.
(b) Nothing, he would ride home.
(c) Aegean sea.
(d) Inland sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
2. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
3. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
4. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
5. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)