|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' land.
(b) Achilles' wife.
(c) Achilles' title.
(d) Achilles' armor and weapons.
2. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's wife.
(b) Ajax's daughter.
(c) Ajax's captive.
(d) Ajax's servant.
3. What is the strophe?
(a) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
4. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him invisible.
(b) Make him invincible.
(c) Make him wiser.
(d) Make him stronger.
5. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
2. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
3. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
4. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
5. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)