|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
2. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
3. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(b) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(c) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
(d) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
4. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
(a) Hid him.
(b) Sent him to battle.
(c) Sent him home.
(d) Took him back to the ship.
5. What is the epode?
(a) Added song.
(b) Middle of the song.
(c) Third verse.
(d) Ending of the song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
2. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
3. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
4. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
5. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)