|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
(b) On a boat.
(d) In slavery somewhere.
2. What is Menelaus' title?
3. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt.
4. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A dark mood.
(b) A curse.
(c) A black mood.
(d) A failing mood.
5. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him stronger.
(b) Make him wiser.
(c) Make him invisible.
(d) Make him invincible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the antistrophe?
2. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
3. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
4. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
5. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)