|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of conflict.
(b) Goddess of war.
(c) Goddess of strife.
(d) Goddess of peace.
2. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(b) Return to his tent.
(c) Return to sanity.
(d) Pay heed to the gods.
3. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
(a) Back to front.
(b) Right to left.
(c) Left to right.
(d) Front to back.
4. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(b) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(c) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(d) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
5. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His greed.
(b) His illness.
(c) His injuries.
(d) His wounded honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
2. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
4. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
5. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)