|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) The spirits of slain warriors.
(d) The gods.
2. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's wife.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's captive.
(d) Ajax's daughter.
3. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(d) The Chorus.
4. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Laertes.
(b) Son of Lional.
(c) Son of Langed.
(d) Son of Lamentes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
2. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
3. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
4. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
5. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)