|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
2. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's daughter.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's captive.
(d) Ajax's wife.
3. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
4. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Orchestra.
(b) The Group.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Men.
5. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him invincible.
(b) Make him stronger.
(c) Make him invisible.
(d) Make him wiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
2. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
3. Who is Telamon?
4. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
5. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)