|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the rising action.
(b) As the climax.
(c) As the falling action.
(d) As the exposition.
2. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's home.
(b) Outside Ajax's ship.
(c) Outside Ajax's tent.
(d) Outside Ajax's wagon.
3. What is Menelaus' title?
4. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
5. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Group.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Men.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
2. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
3. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
4. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)