|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
2. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Atreidae.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Ristrivide.
(d) The Council.
3. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(b) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(c) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(d) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
4. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
5. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Group.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
2. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
3. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
4. What is Odysseus king of?
5. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)