|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His greed.
(c) His illness.
(d) His wounded honor.
2. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of madness.
(c) Out of jealousy.
(d) Out of spite.
3. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Creatians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Spartans.
4. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's daughter.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's wife.
(d) Ajax's captive.
5. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) The trees.
(c) From the shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
2. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
3. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
4. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
5. Who is the first speaker in the play?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)