|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
2. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the climax.
(b) As the exposition.
(c) As the falling action.
(d) As the rising action.
3. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Atreidae.
(c) The Ristrivide.
(d) The Council.
4. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's wife.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's daughter.
(d) Ajax's captive.
5. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' second lines.
(b) In the Chorus' first lines.
(c) In the Chorus' third lines.
(d) In the Chorus' last lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
2. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
3. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
4. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
5. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)