|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
(a) The trees.
(b) The stars.
(c) The sky.
(d) The ground.
2. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's servant.
(b) Ajax's daughter.
(c) Ajax's wife.
(d) Ajax's captive.
3. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
4. When is this play set?
(a) Early in the Trojan War.
(b) Late in the Spartan War.
(c) Early in the Spartan War.
(d) Late in the Trojan War.
5. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' first lines.
(b) In the Chorus' last lines.
(c) In the Chorus' third lines.
(d) In the Chorus' second lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
2. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
3. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
4. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
5. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)