|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) From the shadows.
(c) The trees.
2. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Ristrivide.
(b) The Atreidae.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The Council.
3. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Laertes.
(b) Son of Lional.
(c) Son of Lamentes.
(d) Son of Langed.
4. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
5. When is this play set?
(a) Late in the Trojan War.
(b) Late in the Spartan War.
(c) Early in the Trojan War.
(d) Early in the Spartan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
2. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
3. Who is Tecmessa?
4. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
5. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)