|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(c) From the shadows.
(d) The trees.
2. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(b) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(c) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(d) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Group.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Orchestra.
4. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
5. When is this play set?
(a) Early in the Trojan War.
(b) Late in the Spartan War.
(c) Early in the Spartan War.
(d) Late in the Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
2. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
3. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
4. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
5. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)