|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Atreidae.
(b) The Ristrivide.
(c) The Council.
(d) The Senate.
2. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' second lines.
(b) In the Chorus' third lines.
(c) In the Chorus' last lines.
(d) In the Chorus' first lines.
3. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
4. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
5. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ajax's son?
2. Who is Tecmessa?
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
4. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
5. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)