|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Menelaus' title?
2. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
3. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of conflict.
(b) Goddess of war.
(c) Goddess of strife.
(d) Goddess of peace.
4. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
5. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
2. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
3. When is this play set?
4. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
5. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)