|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
3. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's tent.
(b) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(c) Outside Ajax's ship.
(d) Outside Ajax's home.
4. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' first lines.
(b) In the Chorus' third lines.
(c) In the Chorus' last lines.
(d) In the Chorus' second lines.
5. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the climax.
(b) As the rising action.
(c) As the exposition.
(d) As the falling action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
2. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
4. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
5. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)