|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
2. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
3. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Laertes.
(b) Son of Lamentes.
(c) Son of Langed.
(d) Son of Lional.
4. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's captive.
(b) Ajax's wife.
(c) Ajax's servant.
(d) Ajax's daughter.
5. Why does Ajax slaughter a herd of cattle?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) Out of jealousy.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of madness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
2. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
4. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
5. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)