|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Council.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Atreidae.
(d) The Ristrivide.
2. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the climax.
(b) As the rising action.
(c) As the falling action.
(d) As the exposition.
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Men.
(c) The Group.
(d) The Orchestra.
4. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(b) Return to his tent.
(c) Pay heed to the gods.
(d) Return to sanity.
5. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' title.
(b) Achilles' wife.
(c) Achilles' armor and weapons.
(d) Achilles' land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first speaker in the play?
2. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
3. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
4. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
5. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)