|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
(a) The sky.
(b) The trees.
(c) The ground.
(d) The stars.
2. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(b) Outside Ajax's ship.
(c) Outside Ajax's tent.
(d) Outside Ajax's home.
3. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(a) The trees.
(b) From the shadows.
4. What did Odysseus get that Ajax wanted?
(a) Achilles' title.
(b) Achilles' armor and weapons.
(c) Achilles' wife.
(d) Achilles' land.
5. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Pay heed to the gods.
(b) Return to sanity.
(c) Return to his tent.
(d) Take back his insolence against the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athena?
2. What is the name of Ajax's son?
3. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
4. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
5. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)