|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' third lines.
(b) In the Chorus' second lines.
(c) In the Chorus' first lines.
(d) In the Chorus' last lines.
2. What is Menelaus' title?
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the climax.
(b) As the falling action.
(c) As the rising action.
(d) As the exposition.
4. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Langed.
(b) Son of Laertes.
(c) Son of Lional.
(d) Son of Lamentes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
3. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
4. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
5. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)