|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
(a) Make him invisible.
(b) Make him invincible.
(c) Make him stronger.
(d) Make him wiser.
3. What is the name of Ajax's son?
4. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
(a) Return to sanity.
(b) Take back his insolence against the gods.
(c) Pay heed to the gods.
(d) Return to his tent.
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Laertes.
(b) Son of Langed.
(c) Son of Lional.
(d) Son of Lamentes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
2. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
3. Who is Athena?
4. What is Odysseus king of?
5. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)