Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A black mood.
(b) A curse.
(c) A dark mood.
(d) A failing mood.
2. What is the strophe?
(a) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(b) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(c) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(d) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
3. What is the epode?
(a) Third verse.
(b) Added song.
(c) Middle of the song.
(d) Ending of the song.
4. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
5. Who is Telamon?
(a) Ajax's brother.
(b) Ajax's son.
(c) Ajax's father.
(d) Ajax's king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
2. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
3. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
4. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
5. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)