|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the exposition.
(b) As the climax.
(c) As the rising action.
(d) As the falling action.
2. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
(a) The ground.
(b) The sky.
(c) The trees.
(d) The stars.
3. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Council.
(b) The Ristrivide.
(c) The Atreidae.
(d) The Senate.
4. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
5. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His illness.
(c) His wounded honor.
(d) His greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
2. When is this play set?
3. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
4. Who is Telamon?
5. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)