|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
(c) The Gods.
2. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
3. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(b) The dancing of the Chorus.
(c) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(d) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
5. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A coward.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
2. What does Odysseus offer to Teucer?
3. Who is Tecmessa?
4. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
5. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)