|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Teucer tells Tecmessa to defend her husband's body how?
(a) To the death.
(b) With her knife.
(c) As best as she can.
(d) As if she is a man.
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. What is Odysseus king of?
4. What is a lament?
(a) An expression of pain.
(b) An expression of grief.
(c) An expression of death.
(d) An expression of tiredness.
5. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(b) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(c) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(d) Marriages, births, and battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
2. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
3. Why does Menelaus tell Teucer to not bury Ajax's body?
4. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
5. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)