|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theme of the play is evident during Part V?
2. Why is acting out of revenge considered foolish?
(a) Because revenge is for commoners.
(b) Because emotional behavior is for women.
(c) Because revenge is not honorable.
(d) Because you are acting out of emotion, not thought.
3. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His ship.
(b) His carriage.
(c) His tent.
(d) His house.
4. Who is the first speaker in the play?
(c) The Chorus.
5. Why does Teucer not think it is wise to allow Odysseus to help in the burial?
(a) Because it might displease the other kings.
(b) Because it might displease the dead.
(c) Because it might displease Tecmessa.
(d) Because it might displease the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does inter mean?
2. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
3. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
4. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
5. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)