|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
2. Where does Ajax sit while he gives a soliloquy before he kills himself?
(a) In the water.
(b) Next to a tree.
(c) On a rock.
(d) In front of his sword.
3. What is a lament?
(a) An expression of grief.
(b) An expression of death.
(c) An expression of pain.
(d) An expression of tiredness.
4. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
(a) The trees.
(b) The sky.
(c) The ground.
(d) The stars.
5. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His honor.
(b) His soul.
(c) His life.
(d) His reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not burying Ajax's body is a sign of what?
2. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
3. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
4. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
5. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)