|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. What was Hector tied to, and then drug behind?
(a) Achilles' horse.
(b) Achilles' chariot.
(c) Odysseus' chariot.
(d) Odysseus' horse.
3. What does Ajax mention doing to the sword during his soliloquy before his death?
(a) Polishing his sword.
(b) Using his sword.
(c) Dulling his sword.
(d) Sharpening his sword.
4. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
(a) Woman born to fear.
(b) Woman born to death.
(c) Woman born to pain.
(d) Woman born to sorrow.
5. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
2. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
3. What is the antistrophe?
4. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
5. Who does Teucer predict his father will vent his grief against?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)