|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ajax join the war against Troy?
(a) To honor his oath of loyalty to Odysseus.
(b) To honor his oath of loyalty to Agamemnon.
(c) To honor his oath of loyalty to his father.
(d) To honor his oath of loyalty to Achilles.
2. How has Ajax planted his sword in the ground?
(a) Standing on its edge.
(b) Flat, on its side.
(c) Point first.
(d) Hilt first.
3. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
4. Who says, 'No man may read the future, or his fate"?
(a) The leader.
(b) The Chorus.
5. The Chorus, after Ajax's death, laments that Ajax was their defense against what?
(a) Pain and suffering.
(b) Fear and boredom.
(c) Death and inequity.
(d) Sorrow and weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Odysseus says that to dishonor Ajax would be to dishonor what?
2. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
3. What is the name of Ajax's son?
4. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
5. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)