|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ajax join the war against Troy?
(a) To honor his oath of loyalty to Agamemnon.
(b) To honor his oath of loyalty to Odysseus.
(c) To honor his oath of loyalty to Achilles.
(d) To honor his oath of loyalty to his father.
2. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
(b) His wife.
(c) The spirits of slain warriors.
(d) The gods.
3. Who is the god of the sun?
4. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His life.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His honor.
(d) His soul.
5. What is the epode?
(a) Added song.
(b) Ending of the song.
(c) Middle of the song.
(d) Third verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
2. What does Menelaus tell Teucer to do with Ajax's body?
3. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
4. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
5. According to Teucer, what kind of things did Agamemnon's father do?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)