|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Greeks trying to rescue in this war?
2. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(a) The trees.
(b) From the shadows.
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) His father and Agamemnon.
(b) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
(c) Menelaus and Odysseus.
(d) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
4. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
(c) The forrest.
(d) The sea.
5. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
(a) Doesn't want to raise his son.
(b) Doesn't want to leave Odysseus behind.
(c) Doesn't want to leave the battle.
(d) Doesn't want to face the humiliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
2. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
3. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
4. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
5. Who is Athena?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)