|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
2. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
(b) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(d) The dancing of the Chorus.
3. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Trojans.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Creatians.
4. What is the name of Ajax's son?
5. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
2. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
3. What is the strophe?
4. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
5. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)