|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's servant.
(b) Ajax's daughter.
(c) Ajax's wife.
(d) Ajax's captive.
2. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
3. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Living in fear.
(b) Living in shame.
(d) Capture by the enemy.
4. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
(a) Agamemnon and Odysseus.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(c) Menelaus and Odysseus.
(d) His father and Agamemnon.
5. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(a) The trees.
(b) From the shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
2. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
3. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
4. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
5. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)