|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A great warrior.
(b) A smart warrior.
(c) A benevolent warrior.
(d) A strong warrior.
2. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His soul.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His life.
(d) His honor.
3. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(b) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
(c) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(d) The dancing of the Chorus.
4. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
5. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(c) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(d) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the epode?
2. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
3. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
4. What is Ajax's mother's name?
5. What is Odysseus examining when Athena appears?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)