|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(b) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
(c) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(d) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
2. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Creatians.
3. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
4. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
5. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
Short Answer Questions
1. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
2. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
3. What is Ajax's mother's name?
4. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
5. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)