|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
2. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) His son.
3. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
(b) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(c) The dancing of the Chorus.
(d) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
4. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
(a) His sword.
(b) His ring.
(c) His shield.
(d) His horse.
5. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Athena?
2. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
3. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
4. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
5. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)