|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Living in shame.
(b) Capture by the enemy.
(d) Living in fear.
2. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the falling action.
(b) As the rising action.
(c) As the exposition.
(d) As the climax.
3. What is the name of the group of leaders who decides to give Odysseus the things of Achilles that Ajax wanted?
(a) The Council.
(b) The Ristrivide.
(c) The Atreidae.
(d) The Senate.
4. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(a) The Chorus.
5. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
3. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
4. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
5. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)