|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
(a) As the falling action.
(b) As the exposition.
(c) As the climax.
(d) As the rising action.
2. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's ship.
(b) Outside Ajax's tent.
(c) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(d) Outside Ajax's home.
3. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A great warrior.
(b) A smart warrior.
(c) A benevolent warrior.
(d) A strong warrior.
4. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's daughter.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's captive.
(d) Ajax's wife.
5. When is this play set?
(a) Late in the Trojan War.
(b) Early in the Spartan War.
(c) Late in the Spartan War.
(d) Early in the Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
2. What is the name of Ajax's son?
3. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
4. Why does Ajax refuse to go home?
5. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)