|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) Ajax's father.
2. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What is the epode?
(a) Ending of the song.
(b) Third verse.
(c) Middle of the song.
(d) Added song.
4. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of strife.
(b) Goddess of conflict.
(c) Goddess of war.
(d) Goddess of peace.
5. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Odysseus king of?
2. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
3. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
4. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
5. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)