|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
(a) Sent him home.
(b) Sent him to battle.
(c) Took him back to the ship.
(d) Hid him.
2. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His injuries.
(b) His wounded honor.
(c) His illness.
(d) His greed.
3. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's wife.
(b) Ajax's captive.
(c) Ajax's daughter.
(d) Ajax's servant.
4. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Men.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Group.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
(b) On a boat.
(d) In slavery somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
2. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
3. What is the name of Ajax's son?
4. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
5. What is Menelaus' title?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)