|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
2. What is Menelaus' title?
3. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mentor.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows in the trees.
(b) To the meadows by the river.
(c) To the meadows by the shore.
(d) To the meadows over the hill.
5. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
(a) The sea.
(b) The forrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
2. What is Odysseus king of?
3. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
4. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
5. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)