|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ajax pleads to be allowed to die but says that who is keeping him alive?
2. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive boasting.
(b) Excessive pride.
(c) Excessive bragging.
(d) Excessive honor.
3. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
(a) His conscious.
(b) His pity.
(c) His mind.
(d) His sorrow.
5. When is this play set?
(a) Early in the Trojan War.
(b) Late in the Trojan War.
(c) Early in the Spartan War.
(d) Late in the Spartan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
2. Who is Athena?
3. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
4. What is the epode?
5. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)