|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of conflict.
(b) Goddess of peace.
(c) Goddess of war.
(d) Goddess of strife.
2. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
3. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The middle of the Chorus' song.
4. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(a) Has to stay home and raise her son.
(b) Is given to another man.
(d) Becomes a slave.
5. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(a) The trees.
(c) From the shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
2. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
3. Who is Telamon?
4. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
5. When Tecmessa confirms, to the Chorus, that Ajax slaughtered cattle, what does the Chorus say it might be time to do?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)