|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only warrior greater than Ajax?
2. In Part I, who is the Chorus made up of?
3. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
(a) Took him back to the ship.
(b) Sent him home.
(c) Hid him.
(d) Sent him to battle.
4. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(b) From the shadows.
(c) The trees.
5. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Group.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Men.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax strive not to be in his actions?
2. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
3. The Chorus thinks, during Part I, that Ajax's actions are a smear campaign carried out by the generals or by whom?
4. What time of day is it at the beginning of the play?
5. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)