|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) Ajax's father.
2. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
(a) The Group.
(b) The Orchestra.
(c) The Men.
(d) The Chorus.
3. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
4. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His sister.
5. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Telamon?
2. What role does the discussion between Odysseus and Athena, at the beginning of the play, serve?
3. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
4. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
5. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)