|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(d) The Gods.
2. What device is used, in Part II, to indicate that Ajax will die?
3. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song that ends Part II?
4. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
5. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(c) The Chorus.
(d) Ajax's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
2. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
3. Which god does Ajax ask for help in the first part of the play?
4. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
5. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)