|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows by the shore.
(b) To the meadows in the trees.
(c) To the meadows over the hill.
(d) To the meadows by the river.
2. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Right to left.
(b) Front to back.
(c) Left to right.
(d) Back to front.
3. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
(a) The sailors.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The servants.
4. Who is Tecmessa?
(a) Ajax's wife.
(b) Ajax's servant.
(c) Ajax's captive.
(d) Ajax's daughter.
5. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
2. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
3. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
4. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
5. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)