|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(b) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(c) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(d) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
2. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
3. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
(a) As full truths.
(b) As infallible.
(c) As partial truths.
(d) As possibly wrong.
4. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
(a) Great cunning.
(b) Great intelligence.
(c) Great pride.
(d) Great confidence.
5. How does Athena first refer to Odysseus?
(a) Son of Lional.
(b) Son of Lamentes.
(c) Son of Langed.
(d) Son of Laertes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
4. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
5. Who is Telamon?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)