|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a common informational device.
(b) He is a minor character.
(c) He is a common narrative device.
(d) He is a minor insight into the characters.
2. Who brings Ajax's son onto the stage?
3. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Creatians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Spartans.
4. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(c) His armor.
(d) A knife.
5. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
(a) Deceived her.
(b) Minimized her.
(c) Hated her.
(d) Loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax give to his son when he tells him that he must become a warrior?
2. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
3. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
4. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
5. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)