|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Ancient proverb.
(b) Good advice from wise counselors.
(c) Wisdom from his father.
(d) Wisdom from his mother.
2. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be buried with him.
(b) It will be burned.
(c) It will be thrown in the ocean.
(d) It will be used by someone else.
3. Which side is Ajax fighting on?
4. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
5. By struggling against a prophecy, the characters are struggling against what?
(c) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
2. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
3. What does the Chorus think should "hide one who is sick in soul"?
4. Who does Ajax give his son's care to?
5. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)