|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ajax leaves their presence, the Chorus rejoices in his what?
2. What is the function of the Chorus in Part I?
(a) To serve as a warning to Ajax.
(b) To serve as help for Odysseus.
(c) To serve as support for Ajax's wife.
(d) To serve as Ajax's cheering section.
3. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Wisdom from his father.
(b) Good advice from wise counselors.
(c) Ancient proverb.
(d) Wisdom from his mother.
4. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
5. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(a) The gods.
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
2. Who does the Chorus believe spread a rumor about Ajax slaughtering cattle?
3. What is the name of Ajax's son?
4. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
5. Who does Ajax tell Athena that he thinks he has captured, and will torture?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)