|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
2. What will happen to the rest of Ajax's armor?
(a) It will be used by someone else.
(b) It will be buried with him.
(c) It will be burned.
(d) It will be thrown in the ocean.
3. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
(a) He prays he finds happiness.
(b) He prays he finds rest.
(c) He prays he finds peace.
(d) He prays he finds contentment.
4. Where does Tecmessa want Ajax to meet Teucer?
(a) On his ship.
(b) In his hut.
(c) At the fire.
(d) In his tent.
5. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
(a) To stop them from helping him.
(b) To stop them from killing him.
(c) To stop them from pleading with him.
(d) To stop them from following him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
3. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
4. Who says, "As God appoints, so every man laughs or laments?"
5. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)