|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Athena appear from at the beginning of the play?
(a) From the shadows.
(b) The trees.
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
(a) His sister.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
3. What is the name of the person who wrote Ajax?
4. What is the strophe?
(a) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(d) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
5. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) A foe.
(b) Not a friend.
(c) Not a prophet.
(d) A fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
2. What does Athena say she will do to Odysseus before having Ajax appear?
3. What does the Chorus believe has afflicted Ajax?
4. Who did Ajax take his sword from?
5. The characters, in Classical Greek theater, will view fighting against a prophecy as what?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)