|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A black mood.
(b) A dark mood.
(c) A failing mood.
(d) A curse.
2. Who is Athena?
(a) Goddess of peace.
(b) Goddess of strife.
(c) Goddess of war.
(d) Goddess of conflict.
3. At the beginning of Part III, who is Ajax prepared to make peace with?
(a) His fellow warriors.
(b) Agamemnon and Menelaus.
(c) His father.
4. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His greed.
(b) His wounded honor.
(c) His illness.
(d) His injuries.
5. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
(a) Outside Ajax's wagon.
(b) Outside Ajax's ship.
(c) Outside Ajax's tent.
(d) Outside Ajax's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
2. Who is Tecmessa?
3. Who confirms Odysseus' suspicions that Ajax slaughtered a herd of cattle?
4. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
5. Who does Ajax first ask to kill him to put him out of his misery?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)