|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what does Ajax's anger at Greek leadership stem?
(a) His illness.
(b) His wounded honor.
(c) His injuries.
(d) His greed.
2. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Wisdom from his mother.
(b) Ancient proverb.
(c) Wisdom from his father.
(d) Good advice from wise counselors.
3. When does honor first appear as a theme in the play?
(a) In the Chorus' last lines.
(b) In the Chorus' first lines.
(c) In the Chorus' third lines.
(d) In the Chorus' second lines.
4. Who does Ajax think Achilles would have wanted to have his things?
(b) His mother.
(d) The gods.
5. According to the messenger, if Calchas' prophecy doesn't come true, then what is Calchas?
(a) A fraud.
(b) A foe.
(c) Not a friend.
(d) Not a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
2. What is Odysseus king of?
3. Where is Odysseus when Athena appears to him?
4. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
5. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)