|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the prophecy the messenger refers to?
2. Who did Athena protect throughout the war?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Spartans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Creatians.
3. What did Ajax do in the middle of the carnage that he wrought?
4. At the end of Part III, Tecmessa realizes that Ajax has done what to her?
(a) Deceived her.
(b) Minimized her.
(c) Loved her.
(d) Hated her.
5. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The middle of the Chorus' song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traditional element of Classical Greek theater consists of a number of actors speaking with a single voice?
2. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
3. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
4. The Chorus urges Ajax not to dishonor them, but to do what?
5. What is Ajax's mother's name?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)