|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ajax want to find his body?
(a) His son.
(c) His father.
2. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Marriages, births, and battles.
(b) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(c) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(d) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
3. What is the strophe?
(a) The middle of the Chorus' song.
(b) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(c) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(d) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
4. How does Ajax's wife try to talk him out of killing himself?
(a) By mentioning he has a son to raise.
(b) By asking him to consider her shame if he killed himself.
(c) By asking him to consider his father's shame if he killed himself.
(d) By mentioning that he has people depending on him.
5. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
(a) His pity.
(b) His conscious.
(c) His sorrow.
(d) His mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
2. Who discovers Ajax's body?
3. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
4. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
5. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)