|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the strophe?
(a) The turning of the Chorus away from the audience.
(b) The turning of the Chorus to one side.
(c) The finishing of the Chorus' song.
(d) The middle of the Chorus' song.
2. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
(a) Because it helps explore humanity's dark side.
(b) Because it helps explore humanity's passionate and impulsive nature.
(c) Because it shows humanity's duplicity.
(d) Because it was a common way of life.
3. What is the antistrophe?
(a) The beginning of the Chorus' song.
(b) The dancing of the Chorus.
(c) The turning of the Chorus the other way.
(d) The turning of the Chorus towards the audience.
4. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
(b) Ajax's son.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The gods.
5. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(c) Ajax's father.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
2. After hearing the messenger, who does Tecmessa order to search for Ajax and bring him back to his tent?
3. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
4. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
5. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)