|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term used to describe a speech given by a character alone on stage, normally inwardly directed?
2. Who told Ajax: Seek victory by the spear/But seek it always with the help of heaven?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mentor.
3. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Harpies.
(b) The Furies.
(c) The Horsemen.
(d) The Fates.
4. Why does Ajax's wife cover his dead body?
(a) To keep herself clean while carrying the body.
(b) To prevent others from knowing how he died.
(c) To prevent someone from hurting the body.
(d) Because it is a horrible sight.
5. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Capture by the enemy.
(b) Living in fear.
(d) Living in shame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hubris?
2. How many people accompany Ajax's son onto the stage?
3. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
4. The messenger tells the story the Seer told of Ajax's __________.
5. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)