|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Marriages, births, and battles.
(b) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
(c) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(d) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
2. Tecmessa says that Menelaus and Agamemnon will soon feel what over contributing to the death of such a great warrior?
3. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A great warrior.
(b) A strong warrior.
(c) A benevolent warrior.
(d) A smart warrior.
4. What does the Chorus call the mood that Ajax is in during Part II?
(a) A dark mood.
(b) A failing mood.
(c) A black mood.
(d) A curse.
5. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger tells a story to the Chorus that shows Ajax has what quality?
2. Who generally can break the cycle that killing and humiliation begin?
3. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
4. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
5. What is hubris?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)