|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ajax's state of mind at his death?
2. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
(a) The Chorus.
(d) Ajax's father.
3. Who attempts to see Ajax, and is refused by Tecmessa?
(a) The leader.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) Her son.
(d) The messenger.
4. What did the soldiers have out when they greeted Teucer?
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Back to front.
(b) Left to right.
(c) Right to left.
(d) Front to back.
Short Answer Questions
1. The messenger was supposed to keep Ajax in what location until Teucer could speak with him?
2. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
3. Teucer's comments about Hector reveal a secondary theme, which is what?
4. What does Ajax pray for, after praying that his friends follow through on his instructions to have his son raised by Teucer?
5. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)