|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His tent.
(b) His ship.
(c) His house.
(d) His carriage.
2. What does Ajax tell the Chorus that Tecmessa awakened?
(a) His pity.
(b) His conscious.
(c) His sorrow.
(d) His mind.
3. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(b) Becomes a slave.
(c) Has to stay home and raise her son.
(d) Is given to another man.
4. What does Ajax's wife cover Ajax's body with?
(a) A rug.
(b) A robe.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A towel.
5. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
(b) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(c) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(d) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
2. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
3. Why is revenge often a theme in Greek plays?
4. Ajax tells the Chorus that he is planning to purify himself how?
5. What rules does Ajax say must be obeyed?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)