|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Teucer say: O ghastly sight! Victim of ruthless courage!
(a) When he sees Tecmessa weeping.
(b) When he is praying about Ajax's death.
(c) When Menelaus comes to talk to him.
(d) When the cover is lifted from Ajax's body.
2. Tecmessa and Ajax's son leave the stage when Ajax shuts himself into what?
(a) His ship.
(b) His carriage.
(c) His house.
(d) His tent.
3. Where does Ajax tell the Chorus he is going to go in order to appease Athena's wrath?
(a) To the meadows by the shore.
(b) To the meadows by the river.
(c) To the meadows over the hill.
(d) To the meadows in the trees.
4. What is hubris?
(a) Excessive bragging.
(b) Excessive boasting.
(c) Excessive pride.
(d) Excessive honor.
5. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the antistrophe?
(a) Left to right.
(b) Back to front.
(c) Front to back.
(d) Right to left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Teucer that Ajax's last wish was for him to raise his son?
2. When the Choruses first appear after Ajax's death, what are they complaining about?
3. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
4. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
5. Who says: Men of ill judgment oft ignore the good /That lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)