|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Teucer greeted at the Greek camp?
(a) With taunts and insults.
(b) With cheers and happiness.
(c) With isolation.
(d) With silence.
2. What does Ajax say the following words are: Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none?
(a) Ancient proverb.
(b) Wisdom from his mother.
(c) Wisdom from his father.
(d) Good advice from wise counselors.
3. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian ships.
(b) The Mysian shores.
(c) The Mysian plains.
(d) The Mysian heights.
4. What does Ajax compare living without honor to?
(a) Living in shame.
(b) Capture by the enemy.
(c) Living in fear.
5. Who does Ajax want to curse Agamemnon and Menelaus?
(a) The Harpies.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The Horsemen.
(d) The Furies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strophe?
2. Who are the goddesses of vengeance?
3. Where are Tecmessa's parents?
4. How many parts are there to the Chorus' song between Ajax's speech and the arrival of the messenger?
5. Who says: Nobly to live, or else nobly to die/Befits proud birth?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)