|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
(a) The Mysian ships.
(b) The Mysian shores.
(c) The Mysian plains.
(d) The Mysian heights.
2. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
(a) To stop them from following him.
(b) To stop them from helping him.
(c) To stop them from pleading with him.
(d) To stop them from killing him.
3. When the Chorus calls for Tecmessa to come out of her tent, what do they call her?
(a) Woman born to pain.
(b) Woman born to fear.
(c) Woman born to death.
(d) Woman born to sorrow.
4. What is Ajax carrying when he enters in Part III?
(a) A sword.
(b) His armor.
(c) A spear.
(d) A knife.
5. What purpose does the messenger serve in Classical Greek theater?
(a) He is a minor character.
(b) He is a common narrative device.
(c) He is a common informational device.
(d) He is a minor insight into the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tecmessa assures the Chorus that Ajax is filled with what emotion over his slaughter of the cattle?
2. Who does Ajax feel has done him an injustice?
3. What does the Chorus think that Menelaus will do when he comes to speak to Teucer?
4. Who is "Thestor's son"?
5. What sea would Ajax have to sail over to get home?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)