|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(b) Marriages, births, and battles.
(c) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(d) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
2. What will happen to Ajax's wife if he dies?
(a) Has to stay home and raise her son.
(b) Is given to another man.
(c) Becomes a slave.
3. Why does Ajax make his speech to the Chorus?
(a) To stop them from pleading with him.
(b) To stop them from killing him.
(c) To stop them from following him.
(d) To stop them from helping him.
4. What did Tecmessa do to Ajax's son while Ajax was mad?
(a) Hid him.
(b) Took him back to the ship.
(c) Sent him home.
(d) Sent him to battle.
5. During Ajax's long speech in Part II, what does he feel has been destroyed?
(a) His soul.
(b) His honor.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
2. Who does the Chorus think will grieve if Ajax continues to be self-destructive?
3. What does the Chorus call Menelaus, after Ajax's death?
4. What does Ajax mention doing to the sword during his soliloquy before his death?
5. What does Ajax say that all things must bow to?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)