|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the normal events, that take place off stage, that the messengers bring word of?
(a) Marriages, births, and battles.
(b) Battles, marriages, deaths, suicides, and far-off events.
(c) Ships sinking, deaths, and far-off events.
(d) Suicides, battle,s or deaths.
2. How many parts is the Chorus split into after Ajax's death?
3. In the stage directions, when Ajax dies, what is his body partially concealed by?
(a) The trees.
(b) The waves.
(c) The rocks.
(d) The underbrush.
4. What does Ajax tell his son that he must become?
(a) A great warrior.
(b) A benevolent warrior.
(c) A strong warrior.
(d) A smart warrior.
5. Who doubts Tecmessa when she says that Ajax is regaining his sanity?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does the Chorus move when singing the strophe?
2. What is the strophe?
3. Where does Part IV begin?
4. When Teucer arrives at the Greek camp, where does he come from?
5. How are prophecies in Classical Greek theater perceived?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)