* The play begins with Odysseus standing outside of Ajax's tent, trying to determine if Ajax is inside.
* Athena, a goddess, appears and asks why he is there.
* Odysseus tells her that he wants to find out if Ajax is guilty of viciously slaughtering a herd of cattle.
* Athena says that Ajax is guilty, and that he planned to kill Menelaus and Agamemnon in retaliation for giving Achilles' armor to Odysseus rather than him.
* Athena made Ajax kill cattle instead of the men.
* Athena makes Odysseus invisible and summon Ajax.
* Ajax tells Athena that he slaughtered Agamemnon and Menelaus, and has captured Odysseus, whom he plans to torture.
* Athena tells Odysseus that what he has seen serves as a warning that even the greatest men can be brought low by the events of one day.
* The Chorus appears and speaks their belief that the rumor about Ajax slaughtering...
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)