|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ahab compares Una to all but which precious stone?
2. Una compares the judge to which famous figure?
(a) George Washington.
(d) Ben Franklin.
3. Margaret is writing articles for which publication?
(d) Daily News.
4. Who returns to town with stories about Susan?
(a) Bounty hunter.
5. Who is a guest at the meeting the next evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Una like to sleep in the new house?
2. Who married the captain of the Petrel?
3. Una visits the ____ twice a day.
4. What did Susan use to pay for her freedom?
5. What is the name of Una and Ahab's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Una's reaction upon being married to Ahab?
2. In chapter 133, Mary and Una try to recover from their grief. Describe at least one of the activities the group does to make themselves feel better.
3. How do Una and Justice spend their time while Ahab is at sea? What is Justice's fear?
4. What great tragedies befall Una in chapter ninety-one? Who is on hand to help Una?
5. There is a dinner party at the judge's house. Why does the judge throw a party? What other event does the group attend?
6. Who is Susan? Why is she important to Una?
7. What news does Una receive regarding a mishap at sea? What happens to Ahab?
8. What suggestion does Mary Starbuck make to Una? What is Una's response? What is Una's next step?
9. Frannie's life changes a great deal during this time. What happens to Frannie? What major career move does Frannie make?
10. Discuss Una's fear regarding Justice and Jim.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)