|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the judge's last name?
2. Mary and Una take the children to the spring _____ event.
(a) Maple tapping.
(c) Tree planting.
(d) Sheep shearing.
3. What is the name of the ship that arrives with tales of Ahab?
4. The judge gives Una food to ward off which of the following ailments?
5. The story jumps ahead by how many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Frannie goes to work with which famous figure?
2. Ahab has returned home after losing which body part?
3. Una compares the judge to which famous figure?
4. What is the name of Una and Ahab's son?
5. Who lost his arm to Moby Dick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Judge Austin Lord relate to Una's care after Ahab leaves Nantucket?
2. Who is Captain Mayhew? Why does he visit Una? What offer does Mayhew make to Una?
3. What suggestion does Mary Starbuck make to Una? What is Una's response? What is Una's next step?
4. Frannie's life changes a great deal during this time. What happens to Frannie? What major career move does Frannie make?
5. In chapter 133, Mary and Una try to recover from their grief. Describe at least one of the activities the group does to make themselves feel better.
6. What causes Una to turn to the stars? What is one of Una's dreams?
7. How does the relationship between Una and Ahab change in this section? What does Ahab do to have Una for himself?
8. Chapter 134 presents letters to Una from Margaret Fuller. Who is Margaret Fuller? Where is she located?
9. There is a dinner party at the judge's house. Why does the judge throw a party? What other event does the group attend?
10. Judge Austin Lord invites Una and Justice to stay at his house. What transpires between the judge and Una?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)