|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Una compares the judge to which famous figure?
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) George Washington.
2. Who arrives in Kentucky alongside Frannie?
3. What does Una decide to buy while at the cabin?
4. Maria lives on ____ street.
5. Una visits the ____ twice a day.
(d) Judge's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Una's neighbor?
2. What is the profession of Una's neighbor?
3. Who is a guest at the meeting the next evening?
4. What is Poland's first name?
5. What is the name of Starbuck's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Nantucket? How does it change things? What are some of the steps people take to rebuild?
2. What happens to Ahab physically upon his return to Nantucket? How do Una and Ahab deal with the issue?
3. Chapter 134 presents letters to Una from Margaret Fuller. Who is Margaret Fuller? Where is she located?
4. Frannie's life changes a great deal during this time. What happens to Frannie? What major career move does Frannie make?
5. Discuss the scene in which Ahab returns home.
6. Explain how the story reverts to the time before Justice's birth.
7. Who is Maria Mitchell? What does she have in common with Una?
8. What news does Una receive regarding a mishap at sea? What happens to Ahab?
9. Who is Captain Mayhew? Why does he visit Una? What offer does Mayhew make to Una?
10. How does Judge Austin Lord relate to Una's care after Ahab leaves Nantucket?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)