|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who left a letter at Una's Kentucky home?
2. Who returns to town with stories about Susan?
(a) Bounty hunter.
3. The investment is focused on which natural resource?
4. Tashtego works as a ____ aboard the Pequod.
(b) First mate.
(c) Rigging master.
5. Una asks the family to allow ___ to live with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria and Una go out at night to see which unusual occurrence?
2. What is the name of the rounded structure atop Ahab's house?
3. Una is concerned when her neighbor claims to be a ______ to the judge.
4. Ahab compares Una to all but which precious stone?
5. The Pequod sails on which holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Una's fear regarding Justice and Jim.
2. What news does Una receive upon her return to Nantucket?
3. Chapter 134 presents letters to Una from Margaret Fuller. Who is Margaret Fuller? Where is she located?
4. Frannie's life changes a great deal during this time. What happens to Frannie? What major career move does Frannie make?
5. What suggestion does Mary Starbuck make to Una? What is Una's response? What is Una's next step?
6. What does Una receive from the captains? What news arrives from Ahab?
7. Who is Maria Mitchell? What does she have in common with Una?
8. Judge Austin Lord invites Una and Justice to stay at his house. What transpires between the judge and Una?
9. What happens to Ahab during his time away from Una?
10. Explain how the story reverts to the time before Justice's birth.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)