|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria's last name?
2. Who married the captain of the Petrel?
3. Una sends $_____ in gold to her family in Kentucky.
4. What is the name of Una and Ahab's house?
(a) Heather's Moor.
(b) Moby's Hideaway.
(c) Pequod Place.
(d) Windy Harbor.
5. The judge tells ____ about a potential job.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Una's son born?
2. What is Margaret's last name?
3. What is the name of the ship that arrives with tales of Ahab?
4. Who is not at the house in Concord?
5. Where is the cabin located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Nantucket? How does it change things? What are some of the steps people take to rebuild?
2. How does Judge Austin Lord relate to Una's care after Ahab leaves Nantucket?
3. How does the relationship between Una and Ahab change in this section? What does Ahab do to have Una for himself?
4. What news does Una receive regarding a mishap at sea? What happens to Ahab?
5. What happens to Ahab during his time away from Una?
6. What happens to Ahab physically upon his return to Nantucket? How do Una and Ahab deal with the issue?
7. What suggestion does Mary Starbuck make to Una? What is Una's response? What is Una's next step?
8. Explain how the story reverts to the time before Justice's birth.
9. In chapter 133, Mary and Una try to recover from their grief. Describe at least one of the activities the group does to make themselves feel better.
10. Judge Austin Lord invites Una and Justice to stay at his house. What transpires between the judge and Una?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)