|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of punch is served at dinner?
2. How many days do the families take to tour New Bedford?
3. What is the name of Una's aunt?
4. What is Kit's last name?
5. In chapter 66, the ship is ____ days from Nantucket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ulysses die?
2. What is the name of the ship that carried Una's letter(s) to Ahab?
3. What is Swain's native country?
4. What is the name of Kit's old girlfriend?
5. Who falls into the sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ahab deals with Kit after his bout of dementia. What does Ahab do to try to keep Kit under control?
2. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
3. Who does Una marry? What is famous about Una's husband?
4. What activity does Una take up with Sallie Swain? What is the metaphor used by Una to describe her relationship with Kit and Giles?
5. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
6. How are foreshadowing and flashback used in this first section?
7. Discuss Una's relationships with Giles and Kit. How does Una feel about the men?
8. Una continues to be troubled by her relationship with Kit. Explain Una wandering around in the dark.
9. Describe Una's childhood and introduction to the sea.
10. Who are Kit and Giles? How do they meet Una? What brings them to Nantucket?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)