|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the crew member live?
2. What is the name of the ship that carried Una's letter(s) to Ahab?
3. What food does Una compare to sunshine?
4. Kit calls out whose name while he makes love to Una?
5. In chapter 48, the Sussex heads toward which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 54, the Albatross meets up with which boat?
2. What is Swain's native country?
3. What is a porthole?
4. What is the name of Agatha and Jonathan's daughter?
5. What type of store caught on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activity does Una take up with Sallie Swain? What is the metaphor used by Una to describe her relationship with Kit and Giles?
2. Una continues to be troubled by her relationship with Kit. Explain Una wandering around in the dark.
3. Una and Kit discuss the steps they took in order to stay alive while out at sea. What does the pair discuss?
4. Examine Una's connection with the lighthouse. How long did it take before Una fully explored the structure? Una often equated the lighthouse to freedom. Explain Una's feelings toward the lighthouse.
5. Explain some of the issues faced by the Sussex in the storms.
6. Ahab deals with Kit after his bout of dementia. What does Ahab do to try to keep Kit under control?
7. Una decides to dress up as a cabin boy so that she can go out to sea with Kit and Giles. Examine Una's plan. Who does Una meet on the ship?
8. Discuss Aunt Agatha's influence on Una regarding pacifism and women's rights.
9. Describe the scene in which Una meets Rebekkah Swain.
10. The Pequod finally arrives in Nantucket. What is promised by Ahab? Describe the actions of Kit and Una upon arrival. What strange occurrence happens when Kit and Una spend the night together?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)