|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Una talks with Giles about making a harness out of braided ____.
2. What is the name of Kit's old girlfriend?
3. Una was required to stand at ____ feet.
4. Kit suffers from a bout of:
5. Una talks about training which type of bird?
(c) Sea gull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the physicist that developed a new type of lens for the lighthouse?
2. What is Giles' last name?
3. What is the name of the inn where Una stays?
4. In chapter 12, Agatha and Jonathan take the girls to see which city?
5. What strong emotion is felt by Kit and Una regarding their survival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Una begins to think about the return to Nantucket. What are some of the things Una thinks about regarding her future on the island?
2. Una and Kit discuss the steps they took in order to stay alive while out at sea. What does the pair discuss?
3. What activity does Una take up with Sallie Swain? What is the metaphor used by Una to describe her relationship with Kit and Giles?
4. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
5. The Pequod finally arrives in Nantucket. What is promised by Ahab? Describe the actions of Kit and Una upon arrival. What strange occurrence happens when Kit and Una spend the night together?
6. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
7. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
8. Explain some of the issues faced by the Sussex in the storms.
9. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
10. Discuss Aunt Agatha's influence on Una regarding pacifism and women's rights.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)