|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girlfriend's married name?
2. How many days do the families take to tour New Bedford?
3. In chapter 71, Una meets ____, Kit's old girlfriend.
4. A larder is a place where _____is/are stored.
5. What is the name of the river that borders Una's family home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Una talks with Giles about making a harness out of braided ____.
2. What strong emotion is felt by Kit and Una regarding their survival?
3. Una talks about training which type of bird?
4. What is the name of the store's proprietor?
5. Una becomes acquainted with which member of the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Una is incapacitated with illness?
2. Discuss Una's relationships with Giles and Kit. How does Una feel about the men?
3. Describe Una's childhood and introduction to the sea.
4. Who are Kit and Giles? How do they meet Una? What brings them to Nantucket?
5. Una and Giles talk about climbing the topsail and feeling like birds out over the ocean. What happens to Giles the next day? What happens to Kit?
6. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
7. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
8. The Pequod finally arrives in Nantucket. What is promised by Ahab? Describe the actions of Kit and Una upon arrival. What strange occurrence happens when Kit and Una spend the night together?
9. Una decides to dress up as a cabin boy so that she can go out to sea with Kit and Giles. Examine Una's plan. Who does Una meet on the ship?
10. What job is given to Una by Ahab? Why is Una not concerned with potential dangers?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)