|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tutors Chester?
2. Which famous book is mentioned throughout the story?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) Moby Dick.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) Pilgrim's Progress.
3. Kit suffers from a bout of:
4. Who lays out nice things in Una's cabin?
5. Una compares herself, Kit and Giles to a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Una does not wish to undertake which task?
2. Which of the following proposes to Una?
3. How many hours a day do the tutoring sessions last?
4. What part of the lighthouse must be replaced?
5. Which food is not mentioned as a staple on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Una and Giles talk about climbing the topsail and feeling like birds out over the ocean. What happens to Giles the next day? What happens to Kit?
2. Una continues to be troubled by her relationship with Kit. Explain Una wandering around in the dark.
3. What happens while Una is incapacitated with illness?
4. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
5. Una spends a great deal of time with Chester. Examine the friendship between Una and Chester. Also examine some of Una's activities on board the Sussex.
6. Who are Kit and Giles? How do they meet Una? What brings them to Nantucket?
7. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
8. Ahab deals with Kit after his bout of dementia. What does Ahab do to try to keep Kit under control?
9. Una begins to think about her future on Nantucket. What are some of Una's thoughts?
10. Describe the scene in which Una meets Rebekkah Swain.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)