|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days do the families take to tour New Bedford?
2. What is the name of the physicist that developed a new type of lens for the lighthouse?
(c) De Maurier.
3. What is the name of the tavern owned by the husband and wife?
(a) One Eyed Jack's.
(b) Sea Fancy Inn.
(c) Try Pots Tavern.
(d) The Pequod Inn.
4. A larder is a place where _____is/are stored.
5. Which food is not mentioned as a staple on the boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, Agatha and Jonathan take the girls to see which city?
2. What is the name of Una's first child?
3. What is the name of Kit and Giles' boat?
4. Where does the crew member live?
5. What is the name of the town nearest to the lighthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Una is incapacitated with illness?
2. Una continues to be troubled by her relationship with Kit. Explain Una wandering around in the dark.
3. Who does Una marry? What is famous about Una's husband?
4. Discuss Aunt Agatha's influence on Una regarding pacifism and women's rights.
5. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
6. What job is given to Una by Ahab? Why is Una not concerned with potential dangers?
7. Una and Kit discuss the steps they took in order to stay alive while out at sea. What does the pair discuss?
8. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
9. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
10. Explain some of the issues faced by the Sussex in the storms.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)