|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Giles' last name?
2. What is the name of Ahab's ship?
3. What is the name of the physicist that developed a new type of lens for the lighthouse?
(d) De Maurier.
4. Where does the crew member live?
5. What is Swain's native country?
(b) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which food is not mentioned as a staple on the boat?
2. A larder is a place where _____is/are stored.
3. What part of the lighthouse must be replaced?
4. How many hours a day do the tutoring sessions last?
5. Una compares Ahab to ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Una's relationships with Giles and Kit. How does Una feel about the men?
2. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
3. Explain some of the issues faced by the Sussex in the storms.
4. Explain the relationship between Giles and Chester. Who makes the arrangements? How does Una use the arrangement to her advantage?
5. Who does Una marry? What is famous about Una's husband?
6. The Pequod finally arrives in Nantucket. What is promised by Ahab? Describe the actions of Kit and Una upon arrival. What strange occurrence happens when Kit and Una spend the night together?
7. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
8. Una begins to think about the return to Nantucket. What are some of the things Una thinks about regarding her future on the island?
9. Una decides to dress up as a cabin boy so that she can go out to sea with Kit and Giles. Examine Una's plan. Who does Una meet on the ship?
10. Describe the scene in which Una meets Rebekkah Swain.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)