|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A larder is a place where _____is/are stored.
2. Giles and Kit became so ill that they could only drink ____.
(c) Orange juice.
3. Una does not wish to undertake which task?
(a) Running the lighthouse.
(b) Washing laundry.
(d) Operating a store.
4. Kit calls out whose name while he makes love to Una?
5. How does Ulysses die?
(b) Falls off a horse.
(c) Hit by a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the wife of the captain of the Alba Albatross?
2. How many barrels of oil were taken from the whale in chapter 66?
3. How long has it been since the crew member had been home?
4. What is the girlfriend's married name?
5. What is the first name of Mrs. Swain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Una begins to think about the return to Nantucket. What are some of the things Una thinks about regarding her future on the island?
2. What information does Ahab have for Una about Kit? What is Una's reaction?
3. Una and Giles talk about climbing the topsail and feeling like birds out over the ocean. What happens to Giles the next day? What happens to Kit?
4. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
5. Explain the relationship between Giles and Chester. Who makes the arrangements? How does Una use the arrangement to her advantage?
6. Frannie's life changes a great deal during this time. What happens to Frannie? What major career move does Frannie make?
7. How does the relationship between Una and Ahab change in this section? What does Ahab do to have Una for himself?
8. Who is Maria Mitchell? What does she have in common with Una?
9. Describe the scene in which Una meets Rebekkah Swain.
10. Explain how the story reverts to the time before Justice's birth.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)