|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked which lighthouse she had climbed, Una answered ______.
(b) Sandy Neck.
2. Where does the crew member live?
3. Una does not wish to undertake which task?
(a) Running the lighthouse.
(b) Operating a store.
(d) Washing laundry.
4. What is the name of Una's first child?
5. Una was required to stand at ____ feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 48, the Sussex heads toward which country?
2. What illness strikes the little girl?
3. What is the name of Ahab's ship?
4. Stubb jokes about a church dedicated to which animal?
5. Una becomes acquainted with which member of the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job is given to Una by Ahab? Why is Una not concerned with potential dangers?
2. Una begins to think about the return to Nantucket. What are some of the things Una thinks about regarding her future on the island?
3. Who are Kit and Giles? How do they meet Una? What brings them to Nantucket?
4. Una decides to dress up as a cabin boy so that she can go out to sea with Kit and Giles. Examine Una's plan. Who does Una meet on the ship?
5. Discuss Una's relationships with Giles and Kit. How does Una feel about the men?
6. Ahab deals with Kit after his bout of dementia. What does Ahab do to try to keep Kit under control?
7. How are foreshadowing and flashback used in this first section?
8. The Pequod finally arrives in Nantucket. What is promised by Ahab? Describe the actions of Kit and Una upon arrival. What strange occurrence happens when Kit and Una spend the night together?
9. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
10. Explain the relationship between Giles and Chester. Who makes the arrangements? How does Una use the arrangement to her advantage?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)