|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the inn where Una stays?
(a) Sea Witch.
(b) Sea Farer.
(c) Sea Fancy.
(d) Sea Goddess.
2. What is the name of Una's first child?
3. What type of berries are not mentioned in relation to Nantucket?
4. What is Una's last name?
5. What is the name of Agatha and Jonathan's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Una use when posing as a cabin boy?
2. Which food is not mentioned as a staple on the boat?
3. In chapter 54, the Albatross meets up with which boat?
4. What is the name of the river that borders Una's family home?
5. How many chickens were on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Una and Giles talk about climbing the topsail and feeling like birds out over the ocean. What happens to Giles the next day? What happens to Kit?
2. Una decides to dress up as a cabin boy so that she can go out to sea with Kit and Giles. Examine Una's plan. Who does Una meet on the ship?
3. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
4. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
5. Examine the scene in which Una becomes temporarily blinded.
6. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
7. Discuss Aunt Agatha's influence on Una regarding pacifism and women's rights.
8. Discuss Una's relationships with Giles and Kit. How does Una feel about the men?
9. Describe Una's childhood and introduction to the sea.
10. Una begins to think about her future on Nantucket. What are some of Una's thoughts?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)