|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girlfriend's married name?
2. What strong emotion is felt by Kit and Una regarding their survival?
3. What is the name of the slave girl who lost her mother?
4. What is the name of the ship that carried Una's letter(s) to Ahab?
5. What illness strikes the little girl?
(c) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the crew member had been home?
2. Out on the open water, the captain orders Una to be on the lookout for which of the following?
3. Giles and Kit became so ill that they could only drink ____.
4. What is the name of the physicist that developed a new type of lens for the lighthouse?
5. What is the name of Una's first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Una begins to think about the return to Nantucket. What are some of the things Una thinks about regarding her future on the island?
2. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
3. How are foreshadowing and flashback used in this first section?
4. What happens while Una is incapacitated with illness?
5. The Pequod finally arrives in Nantucket. What is promised by Ahab? Describe the actions of Kit and Una upon arrival. What strange occurrence happens when Kit and Una spend the night together?
6. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
7. Who does Una marry? What is famous about Una's husband?
8. Discuss Aunt Agatha's influence on Una regarding pacifism and women's rights.
9. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
10. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)