|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Una when Bertha and Ulysses visit Nantucket?
2. Ahab shares which type of candy with the crew?
(a) Black licorice.
3. How many chickens were on the ship?
4. What is the name of the ship that carried Una's letter(s) to Ahab?
5. How many hours a day do the tutoring sessions last?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 66, the ship is ____ days from Nantucket.
2. How does Ulysses die?
3. What part of the lighthouse must be replaced?
4. What is the name of the captain's young son?
5. What strong emotion is felt by Kit and Una regarding their survival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain some of the issues faced by the Sussex in the storms.
2. How are foreshadowing and flashback used in this first section?
3. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
4. Who are Kit and Giles? How do they meet Una? What brings them to Nantucket?
5. Describe the scene in which Una meets Rebekkah Swain.
6. Una begins to think about her future on Nantucket. What are some of Una's thoughts?
7. Who does Una marry? What is famous about Una's husband?
8. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
9. What job is given to Una by Ahab? Why is Una not concerned with potential dangers?
10. Una continues to be troubled by her relationship with Kit. Explain Una wandering around in the dark.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)