|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the store's proprietor?
2. What is the name of Una's father?
3. How many hours a day do the tutoring sessions last?
4. In chapter 12, Agatha and Jonathan take the girls to see which city?
(a) New Bedford.
(b) New York.
5. Which famous book is mentioned throughout the story?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) Pilgrim's Progress.
(d) Moby Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Una originally comes from which state?
2. What is the name of the tavern owned by the husband and wife?
3. In the beginning of chapter 34, the boat neared which Cape?
4. Una talks about training which type of bird?
5. What food does Una compare to sunshine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
2. Describe the scene in which Una meets Rebekkah Swain.
3. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
4. Una and Giles talk about climbing the topsail and feeling like birds out over the ocean. What happens to Giles the next day? What happens to Kit?
5. Examine the scene in which Una becomes temporarily blinded.
6. Explain the relationship between Giles and Chester. Who makes the arrangements? How does Una use the arrangement to her advantage?
7. Explain some of the issues faced by the Sussex in the storms.
8. Discuss Aunt Agatha's influence on Una regarding pacifism and women's rights.
9. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
10. Una decides to dress up as a cabin boy so that she can go out to sea with Kit and Giles. Examine Una's plan. Who does Una meet on the ship?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)