|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ahab shares which type of candy with the crew?
(b) Black licorice.
2. What is Una's last name?
3. Which famous book is mentioned throughout the story?
(a) Pilgrim's Progress.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) The Iliad.
4. How long has it been since the crew member had been home?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. Tatting is the art of making _____.
(a) Fishing lures.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 54, the Albatross meets up with which boat?
2. Una talks with Giles about making a harness out of braided ____.
3. Who tutors Chester?
4. Which of the following proposes to Una?
5. What is the name of the ship that carried Una's letter(s) to Ahab?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
2. Una and Kit discuss the steps they took in order to stay alive while out at sea. What does the pair discuss?
3. Una begins to think about her future on Nantucket. What are some of Una's thoughts?
4. Who does Una marry? What is famous about Una's husband?
5. Describe Una's childhood and introduction to the sea.
6. Discuss the conversation between Starbuck and Una.
7. The Pequod finally arrives in Nantucket. What is promised by Ahab? Describe the actions of Kit and Una upon arrival. What strange occurrence happens when Kit and Una spend the night together?
8. Explain the relationship between Giles and Chester. Who makes the arrangements? How does Una use the arrangement to her advantage?
9. Una decides to dress up as a cabin boy so that she can go out to sea with Kit and Giles. Examine Una's plan. Who does Una meet on the ship?
10. How are foreshadowing and flashback used in this first section?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)