|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since the crew member had been home?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. What is Una's last name?
3. In chapter 48, the Sussex heads toward which country?
4. How many hours a day do the tutoring sessions last?
5. What is the name of Agatha and Jonathan's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern owned by the husband and wife?
2. How many chickens were on the ship?
3. Una becomes acquainted with which member of the crew?
4. How many barrels of oil were taken from the whale in chapter 66?
5. Una compares herself, Kit and Giles to a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Una and Giles talk about climbing the topsail and feeling like birds out over the ocean. What happens to Giles the next day? What happens to Kit?
2. Nantucket is an island that often depends on outside sources in order to function as an independent town/region. Explain how the area functions with limited supplies and resources.
3. What happens to Una after the Sussex sinks?
4. Describe the scene in which Una meets Rebekkah Swain.
5. What job is given to Una by Ahab? Why is Una not concerned with potential dangers?
6. How are foreshadowing and flashback used in this first section?
7. Who are Kit and Giles? How do they meet Una? What brings them to Nantucket?
8. Explain some of the issues faced by the Sussex in the storms.
9. In chapter seventy-three, it becomes clear to Una that Kit is not going to improve. Discuss some of Kit's actions. What is Una's reaction?
10. Examine the scene in which Una becomes temporarily blinded.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)