|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out on the open water, the captain orders Una to be on the lookout for which of the following?
(a) Storm clouds.
(d) Other ships.
2. What is the name of the store's proprietor?
3. What is the name of the tavern owned by the husband and wife?
(a) Try Pots Tavern.
(b) One Eyed Jack's.
(c) Sea Fancy Inn.
(d) The Pequod Inn.
4. Who tutors Chester?
5. What name does Una use when posing as a cabin boy?
6. Which of the following proposes to Una?
7. Stubb jokes about a church dedicated to which animal?
8. What is a porthole?
(c) Crow's nest.
(d) Cargo space.
9. Giles and Kit became so ill that they could only drink ____.
(c) Orange juice.
10. Where does the crew member live?
11. What is the name of Una's aunt?
12. Which famous book is mentioned throughout the story?
(a) Pilgrim's Progress.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) The Odyssey.
13. What is Swain's native country?
(d) United States.
14. Who falls into the sea?
15. Which is not an ingredient in the punch?
(b) Rice wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 71, Una meets ____, Kit's old girlfriend.
2. Una and Giles talk about climbing the ____.
3. In chapter 48, the Sussex heads toward which country?
4. In chapter 12, Agatha and Jonathan take the girls to see which city?
5. Ahab's fake leg was made from which material?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)