|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the physicist that developed a new type of lens for the lighthouse?
(c) De Maurier.
2. What is the name of Kit and Giles' boat?
3. Una compares Ahab to ______.
4. Ahab shares which type of candy with the crew?
(a) Black licorice.
5. Who argued for the development of a public fire department?
6. What is the name of the inn where Una stays?
(a) Sea Farer.
(b) Sea Goddess.
(c) Sea Witch.
(d) Sea Fancy.
7. Stubb jokes about a church dedicated to which animal?
8. How old is Una when Bertha and Ulysses visit Nantucket?
9. What is Kit's last name?
10. Una and Giles talk about climbing the ____.
11. Which food is not mentioned as a staple on the boat?
12. What is the name of Kit's old girlfriend?
13. Una does not wish to undertake which task?
(a) Running the lighthouse.
(b) Washing laundry.
(c) Operating a store.
14. Which famous book is mentioned throughout the story?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) Pilgrim's Progress.
(c) The Iliad.
(d) Moby Dick.
15. What is the name of Una's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giles' last name?
2. In chapter 12, Agatha and Jonathan take the girls to see which city?
3. Who tutors Chester?
4. What type of berries are not mentioned in relation to Nantucket?
5. In chapter 48, the Sussex heads toward which country?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)