|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter 34, the boat neared which Cape?
2. What is Swain's native country?
(b) United States.
3. Who tutors Chester?
4. Kit compares Una to which animal?
5. What type of berries are not mentioned in relation to Nantucket?
6. Una used to climb _____ trees when she lived in Kentucky.
(b) Blue spruce.
(d) White pine.
7. What is the name of the wife of the captain of the Alba Albatross?
8. What is the name of Starbuck's wife?
9. What is Giles' last name?
10. Una does not wish to undertake which task?
(a) Operating a store.
(c) Washing laundry.
(d) Running the lighthouse.
11. What name does Una use when posing as a cabin boy?
12. How long has it been since the crew member had been home?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
13. Out on the open water, the captain orders Una to be on the lookout for which of the following?
(b) Storm clouds.
(d) Other ships.
14. What part of the lighthouse must be replaced?
(d) Weather vane.
15. What is the name of Kit and Giles' boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. A larder is a place where _____is/are stored.
2. What is the name of the ship that carried Una's letter(s) to Ahab?
3. Una becomes acquainted with which member of the crew?
4. How many chickens were on the ship?
5. What is the girlfriend's married name?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)