Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Giles' last name?
2. In chapter 48, the Sussex heads toward which country?
3. Giles applies to which school?
4. In chapter 71, Una meets ____, Kit's old girlfriend.
5. Who falls into the sea?
6. What is the name of Starbuck's wife?
7. Stubb jokes about a church dedicated to which animal?
8. Which famous book is mentioned throughout the story?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) Pilgrim's Progress.
(d) The Odyssey.
9. What is the name of the physicist that developed a new type of lens for the lighthouse?
(b) De Maurier.
10. What is the first name of Mrs. Swain?
11. What type of store caught on fire?
12. What strong emotion is felt by Kit and Una regarding their survival?
13. In the beginning of chapter 34, the boat neared which Cape?
14. What is the name of the town nearest to the lighthouse?
(a) Martha's Vineyard.
(b) Cape Cod.
(c) New Bedford.
15. Where does the crew member live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Out on the open water, the captain orders Una to be on the lookout for which of the following?
2. Una does not wish to undertake which task?
3. Una and Giles talk about climbing the ____.
4. How long has it been since the crew member had been home?
5. What is the name of the captain's young son?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)