|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
2. When Reina sees herself naked, how large does she think she is?
3. With what does Constancia hit Reina over the head with, knocking her overboard?
4. Where is the only place Blanca wants to make love to her husband after their honeymoon?
5. Why does Reina love her new restoring job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mystery surrounding Reina's true father is one of the greatest mysteries in the novel. Explain why Reina does not believe Ignacio is her natural birth father, and what evidence shows up during the course of the novel to support or discount her claims. Then explain what conclusion Reina finally comes to about her patronage at the end of the novel, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Both Aguero sisters, Reina and Constancia, set out to start a new life for themselves in Miami. Compare/contrast the ways that each sister hopes to leave Cuba behind and start fresh in Florida. How do each of these sisters set out to start new lives away from the heavy history of their parents?
Essay Topic 3
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)