|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a satera do for a living?
2. Where does Dulce attempt to live after she becomes homeless?
3. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
4. What does the man in the yacht who awakens Reina on the river throw to her?
5. Where does Ignacio take Blanca for their honeymoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mystery surrounding Reina's true father is one of the greatest mysteries in the novel. Explain why Reina does not believe Ignacio is her natural birth father, and what evidence shows up during the course of the novel to support or discount her claims. Then explain what conclusion Reina finally comes to about her patronage at the end of the novel, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Both Ignacio and Blanca are heavily influenced in their lives by the power of beauty around them. Explain what naturalism means to Ignacio and Blanca, and then explain how the quest for beautiful biology affected their relationship and the way they interacted with the world around them.
Essay Topic 3
Reina's view of love and sexuality was very strange in romantic relationships. Choose two romantic relationships Reina was a part of and compare/contrast them. What roles does Reina play in the relationships, and to whom does she choose to show affection? How?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)