|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ignacio's first published book?
2. What does Dulce go to Abelardo's home to steal?
3. How many of Gonazalo's wives show up to his funeral?
4. How many months pregnant in Isabel when she arrives in Miami?
5. Which of his parents' belongings does Ignacio sell to earn the funds to publish his first book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reina's life in Cuba was heavily influenced by the presence of her deceased parents. Describe a day in Reina's life while she was living in Cuba and explain how the memory of her parents haunted every aspect of her life.
Essay Topic 2
The Cuban revolution plays a small role in the background of the novel. How does the Cuban Revolution affect the main characters, the Aguero sisters, during the course of this novel? What symbolic importance does the war have on what is happening in the sisters' lives? Why might Cristina Garcia have chosen to include it in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)