Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
2. How does Ignacio's mother feel about her son quitting university?
3. Whose photograph does Constancia decide to print on all her cosmetics bottles?
4. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
5. After Blanca becomes pregnant, where does she want to move to?
Both Ignacio and Blanca are heavily influenced in their lives by the power of beauty around them. Explain what naturalism means to Ignacio and Blanca, and then explain how the quest for beautiful biology affected their relationship and the way they interacted with the world around them.
When Reina was born, Constancia had an extremely adverse reaction to her new baby sister. Explain the way Constancia treated Reina, with at least two examples of abuse that were presented in the novel. Then, compare/contrast the reaction that both Ignacio and Blanca had to the way the two sisters interacted as children.
The curse of the Aguero sisters is hinted at throughout the text of the novel. Explain how the curse first reared its head with Constancia and Reina's grandmother, and then explain how the curse carried on through the generations of Aguero women. Finally, explain how the curse was finally broken by the Aguero sisters.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)