|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interesting person does Reina see only once at her mother's grave?
2. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
3. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Constancia finds in the small copper box in her father's shed?
5. As a child, how does Reina feel about her father, Ignacio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reina's view of love and sexuality was very strange in romantic relationships. Choose two romantic relationships Reina was a part of and compare/contrast them. What roles does Reina play in the relationships, and to whom does she choose to show affection? How?
Essay Topic 2
Both Aguero sisters, Reina and Constancia, set out to start a new life for themselves in Miami. Compare/contrast the ways that each sister hopes to leave Cuba behind and start fresh in Florida. How do each of these sisters set out to start new lives away from the heavy history of their parents?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between the Aguero sisters, Constancia and Reina, took many curves and changes throughout the text of the novel. Create a time line of events that led to the reunification of the two sisters and then explain how the puzzle they solved regarding their family history could only have been solved if the two sisters worked together.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)