|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Constancia decide to gift the small bone she finds in the copper box?
2. What color does Ignacio think Blanca's hair shimmers like in the sun?
3. After moving to Miami, what does Reina start a business restoring?
4. How does Reina feel about Constancia's cosmetics business?
5. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reina's view of love and sexuality was very strange in romantic relationships. Choose two romantic relationships Reina was a part of and compare/contrast them. What roles does Reina play in the relationships, and to whom does she choose to show affection? How?
Essay Topic 2
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
Essay Topic 3
Family history haunting you is one of the strongest themes in the novel, and is perhaps best exemplified by the relationship between Silvestre and his father, Gonzalo. Explain the relationship Silvestre had with his father and how the acts that took place on Gonzalo's deathbed symbolize Silvestre's fear of family history.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)