|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal is Blanca's favorite animal to study in Cuba?
2. How do the men at the yacht club respond to Reina's presence there?
3. What interesting person does Reina see only once at her mother's grave?
4. How many chairs does Blanca collect and store in her bedroom?
5. How does Silvestre kill his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Constancia has an obsession with the need to stay youthful. Explain how youth becomes one of the driving forces in Constancia's life. Then, use Constancia's childhood at the pig farm to rationalize her desperate need to stay young and beautiful. Does she accomplish this in her lifetime? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
Essay Topic 3
Deception plays a large role in the relationships Constancia has with the men in her life. Choose two men who have been a part of Constancia's life and describe how their relationship was defined by deception, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)