|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the young boy who dies from eating spoiled meat after the stampede?
2. What type of car does Constancia secure in Cuba?
3. How much notice does Silvestre give his mother before arriving at her doorstep?
4. How many days does Dulce have to work to earn the money for airfare to Miami?
5. What animal tramples Blanca's mother to death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The curse of the Aguero sisters is hinted at throughout the text of the novel. Explain how the curse first reared its head with Constancia and Reina's grandmother, and then explain how the curse carried on through the generations of Aguero women. Finally, explain how the curse was finally broken by the Aguero sisters.
Essay Topic 2
Reina's life in Cuba was heavily influenced by the presence of her deceased parents. Describe a day in Reina's life while she was living in Cuba and explain how the memory of her parents haunted every aspect of her life.
Essay Topic 3
After their mother's death, Constancia and Reina grew apart from one another as both had different views of their mother. Compare/contrast the childhood of each of the sisters and explain what factors led to the two sisters having a strained and distant relationship into their adulthood.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)