|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
2. How many animals does Blanca's father single-handedly kill after the stampede kills his wife?
3. Who directs Constancia to make an offering to nature before starting out on her journey to Cuba?
4. How does Constancia respond to Reina's claim about their mother's graveside visitor?
5. Which adjective does Ignacio use to describe the small animal flying around Blanca when he took aim at it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After their mother's death, Constancia and Reina grew apart from one another as both had different views of their mother. Compare/contrast the childhood of each of the sisters and explain what factors led to the two sisters having a strained and distant relationship into their adulthood.
Essay Topic 2
Money seems to be the one driving force in Dulce Aguero's life. Explain what Dulce's life was like while she was living in Cuba and why the prostitution jobs she took seemed necessary. Then, explain how Dulce's quest for financial stability affected the romantic relationships in her life.
Essay Topic 3
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)