|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Constancia hit Reina over the head with, knocking her overboard?
2. When Reina realizes that she is pregnant, what animal does she compare the fetus to?
3. How is Constancio's uncle, Damaso, paralyzed?
4. How many months pregnant in Isabel when she arrives in Miami?
5. What animal tramples Blanca's mother to death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reina's view of love and sexuality was very strange in romantic relationships. Choose two romantic relationships Reina was a part of and compare/contrast them. What roles does Reina play in the relationships, and to whom does she choose to show affection? How?
Essay Topic 2
Ignacio Aguero had a string of lies that he fed his daughters in regards to their mother's death. Create a time line of Ignacio's lies and describe how they changed and grew as his daughters aged. Then, explain how the constant lies affected the relationships both Reina and Constancia had with their father.
Essay Topic 3
After their mother's death, Constancia and Reina grew apart from one another as both had different views of their mother. Compare/contrast the childhood of each of the sisters and explain what factors led to the two sisters having a strained and distant relationship into their adulthood.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)