|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the young boy who dies from eating spoiled meat after the stampede?
2. Before visiting him in the hospital, how many times has Silvestre seen his father?
3. How far does Ignacio claim it was to the nearest town, to which he carried his wife's dead body?
4. How does Ignacio respond when Reina asks him if he is her true father?
5. Where does Ignacio take Blanca for their honeymoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After their mother's death, Constancia and Reina grew apart from one another as both had different views of their mother. Compare/contrast the childhood of each of the sisters and explain what factors led to the two sisters having a strained and distant relationship into their adulthood.
Essay Topic 2
The curse of the Aguero sisters is hinted at throughout the text of the novel. Explain how the curse first reared its head with Constancia and Reina's grandmother, and then explain how the curse carried on through the generations of Aguero women. Finally, explain how the curse was finally broken by the Aguero sisters.
Essay Topic 3
There are many theories in the novel as to why Ignacio decided to kill his wife, Blanca. Explain what the various theories about his motivations in the swamp were, and support each theory with the evidence given as to Ignacio's time in the Zapatos Swamp on the fateful night in which Blanca died.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)