|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many animals does Blanca's father single-handedly kill after the stampede kills his wife?
2. After moving to Miami, what does Reina start a business restoring?
3. Why is Evaristo so late in making his delivery to Constancia?
4. What is the name of Ignacio's first published book?
5. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Constancia has an obsession with the need to stay youthful. Explain how youth becomes one of the driving forces in Constancia's life. Then, use Constancia's childhood at the pig farm to rationalize her desperate need to stay young and beautiful. Does she accomplish this in her lifetime? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Money seems to be the one driving force in Dulce Aguero's life. Explain what Dulce's life was like while she was living in Cuba and why the prostitution jobs she took seemed necessary. Then, explain how Dulce's quest for financial stability affected the romantic relationships in her life.
Essay Topic 3
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)