Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reina spend most of her time while recovering from her injuries?
2. What does Constancia sell for a living?
3. What do Constancia's relatives tell her about Gonzalo Cruz while at the family funeral?
4. How far along into her pregnancy is Blanca Aguero when she miraculously returns to her family after going missing?
5. What is the name of Gonzalo's radical militia group?
Short Essay Questions
1. While working on an old car, what does Reina overhear about the exiles in Cuba?
2. How does the working relationship between Ignacio and Blanca change after she finds out she is pregnant?
3. How do Reina and Russ Hicks meet?
4. How does Reina feel about her relationship with Russ after returning from the journey with her sister?
5. How does Reina feel about Dulce having children?
6. How does Ignacio's father die?
7. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
8. When does Constancia realize that her father, Ignacio, is lying to her about her mother's death?
9. How does Blanca's mental health deteriorate while she is pregnant with Constancia?
10. How does Ignacio's mother react to the news that Ignacio has dropped out of school?
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
Money seems to be the one driving force in Dulce Aguero's life. Explain what Dulce's life was like while she was living in Cuba and why the prostitution jobs she took seemed necessary. Then, explain how Dulce's quest for financial stability affected the romantic relationships in her life.
Deception plays a large role in the relationships Constancia has with the men in her life. Choose two men who have been a part of Constancia's life and describe how their relationship was defined by deception, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)