|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following objects does Herberto illegally sell to New York?
2. After Herberto goes missing, what does Constancia begin selling door-to-door?
3. How long does the Cuban government state they will need to process Reina's visa application?
4. What type of scientist is Dr. Samuel Forrest?
5. What does Constancia sell for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does Pepin Beltrán have about Reina's insomnia?
2. How does Silvestre react to seeing Gonzalo in the hospital?
3. What happens to Dulce when she is fired from her job and becomes homeless?
4. How does Constancia Cruz feel about her job at the cosmetics store?
5. What happens in the minutes before Dulce is arrested at the Habana Libre Hotel?
6. What is the incident that occurs in 1914 that Ignacio claims changed his father?
7. What happens when Ignacio and Blanca stop searching the swamp and decide to take a rest?
8. Why does Constancia travel door-to-door after Herberto goes missing?
9. How does Blanca's mental health deteriorate while she is pregnant with Constancia?
10. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Ignacio and Blanca are heavily influenced in their lives by the power of beauty around them. Explain what naturalism means to Ignacio and Blanca, and then explain how the quest for beautiful biology affected their relationship and the way they interacted with the world around them.
Essay Topic 2
Reina's life in Cuba was heavily influenced by the presence of her deceased parents. Describe a day in Reina's life while she was living in Cuba and explain how the memory of her parents haunted every aspect of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Ignacio Aguero had a string of lies that he fed his daughters in regards to their mother's death. Create a time line of Ignacio's lies and describe how they changed and grew as his daughters aged. Then, explain how the constant lies affected the relationships both Reina and Constancia had with their father.
This section contains 1,744 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)