Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reina spend most of her time while recovering from her injuries?
2. What does Constancia sell for a living?
3. What do Constancia's relatives tell her about Gonzalo Cruz while at the family funeral?
4. How far along into her pregnancy is Blanca Aguero when she miraculously returns to her family after going missing?
5. What is the name of Gonzalo's radical militia group?
Short Essay Questions
1. While working on an old car, what does Reina overhear about the exiles in Cuba?
2. How does the working relationship between Ignacio and Blanca change after she finds out she is pregnant?
3. How do Reina and Russ Hicks meet?
4. How does Reina feel about her relationship with Russ after returning from the journey with her sister?
5. How does Reina feel about Dulce having children?
6. How does Ignacio's father die?
7. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
8. When does Constancia realize that her father, Ignacio, is lying to her about her mother's death?
9. How does Blanca's mental health deteriorate while she is pregnant with Constancia?
10. How does Ignacio's mother react to the news that Ignacio has dropped out of school?
Both Ignacio and Blanca are heavily influenced in their lives by the power of beauty around them. Explain what naturalism means to Ignacio and Blanca, and then explain how the quest for beautiful biology affected their relationship and the way they interacted with the world around them.
The curse of the Aguero sisters is hinted at throughout the text of the novel. Explain how the curse first reared its head with Constancia and Reina's grandmother, and then explain how the curse carried on through the generations of Aguero women. Finally, explain how the curse was finally broken by the Aguero sisters.
Reina's life in Cuba was heavily influenced by the presence of her deceased parents. Describe a day in Reina's life while she was living in Cuba and explain how the memory of her parents haunted every aspect of her life.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)