|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ignacio Aguero die?
2. How long does the Cuban government state they will need to process Reina's visa application?
3. How long does Reina sit in the Cuban government's office before she receives the answer about her visa to travel to America?
4. Who does Constancia think is responsible for the attack on Herberto?
5. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Reinaldo and Soledad Vaerla meet?
2. Why does Pepin bring a rooster into Reina's hospital room?
3. How does Reina adjust to living with Constancia?
4. What does the santero advise Constancia to do before heading back to Cuba in search of the truth?
5. What injuries does Reina sustain when she is hit by lightning?
6. What happens in the minutes before Dulce is arrested at the Habana Libre Hotel?
7. What gifts does Reina give to Isabel and her new son, Raku?
8. How does Silvestre react to seeing Gonzalo in the hospital?
9. How does Reina work her way into the expensive yacht club?
10. What happens to Dulce when she is fired from her job and becomes homeless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
Essay Topic 2
The bone that Blanca wore around her neck when Reina was a small child is of particular importance to her. Explain the way that Blanca wore the bone and what impact it had on Reina as a child. Then, explain what happened to the bone after Blanca died, and how it was eventually returned to its rightful owner.
Essay Topic 3
Both Ignacio and Blanca are heavily influenced in their lives by the power of beauty around them. Explain what naturalism means to Ignacio and Blanca, and then explain how the quest for beautiful biology affected their relationship and the way they interacted with the world around them.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)