|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Ignacio and Blanca traveling through the swamp?
2. Where does Constancia visit Gonzalo when she asks about Herberto's whereabouts?
3. What sport does Dulce coach before she is fired?
4. Which character believes her face is slowly transforming into her mother's, and feels that she no longer recognizes her reflection in the mirror?
5. What unusual food item does Bengt feed Dulce in his hotel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
2. Why does Pepin bring a rooster into Reina's hospital room?
3. What happens when Reina attempts to move the last water pump in La Cobre?
4. What does Constancia discover when she finds the small copper box in her father's old shed in Cuba?
5. Why does Reina visit La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre?
6. What bad omen does Soledad Aguero see on the day she gives birth to her son Ignacio?
7. What happens to the small pouch Blanca carries around her neck, after she dies?
8. How does the working relationship between Ignacio and Blanca change after she finds out she is pregnant?
9. Why does Constancia travel door-to-door after Herberto goes missing?
10. Why does Constancia visit Oscar Pinago?
Essay Topic 1
Ignacio Aguero had a string of lies that he fed his daughters in regards to their mother's death. Create a time line of Ignacio's lies and describe how they changed and grew as his daughters aged. Then, explain how the constant lies affected the relationships both Reina and Constancia had with their father.
Essay Topic 2
The bone that Blanca wore around her neck when Reina was a small child is of particular importance to her. Explain the way that Blanca wore the bone and what impact it had on Reina as a child. Then, explain what happened to the bone after Blanca died, and how it was eventually returned to its rightful owner.
Essay Topic 3
Constancia was married twice in her life to two brothers, Gonzalo and Herberto. Each of these relationships left a huge mark on Constancia's life. Compare/contrast the two marriages Constancia was in and then describe why she decided to leave each man. Is Constancia's life better or worse when she is living alone?
This section contains 1,804 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)