|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dr. Forrest make Ignacio wait before offering him a job?
2. Which animals live in paddocks at Hialeah Park?
3. How are Ignacio and Blanca traveling through the swamp?
4. What type of bird does Soledad spot through the window as she is giving birth to Ignacio?
5. Which committee visits Reina and asks her to volunteer for night patrolling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Evaristo Leal, and why does he show up on Constancia's doorstep?
2. What question does Dr. Samuel Forrest ask Ignacio during his job interview that ultimately earns him the job?
3. Why does the marriage between Dulce and Abelardo eventually fall apart?
4. Why does Reina visit La Virgen de la Caridad del Cobre?
5. What is the incident that occurs in 1914 that Ignacio claims changed his father?
6. How does Blanca's mother die?
7. Why does Constancia visit Oscar Pinago?
8. How does Constancia treat Herberto's dead body?
9. How does Constancia react to the birth of her sister, Reina?
10. How does Ignacio meet Dr. Samuel Forrest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ignacio Aguero had a string of lies that he fed his daughters in regards to their mother's death. Create a time line of Ignacio's lies and describe how they changed and grew as his daughters aged. Then, explain how the constant lies affected the relationships both Reina and Constancia had with their father.
Essay Topic 2
After their mother's death, Constancia and Reina grew apart from one another as both had different views of their mother. Compare/contrast the childhood of each of the sisters and explain what factors led to the two sisters having a strained and distant relationship into their adulthood.
Essay Topic 3
Deception plays a large role in the relationships Constancia has with the men in her life. Choose two men who have been a part of Constancia's life and describe how their relationship was defined by deception, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)