Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reina spend most of her time while recovering from her injuries?
2. What does Constancia sell for a living?
3. What do Constancia's relatives tell her about Gonzalo Cruz while at the family funeral?
4. How far along into her pregnancy is Blanca Aguero when she miraculously returns to her family after going missing?
5. What is the name of Gonzalo's radical militia group?
Short Essay Questions
1. While working on an old car, what does Reina overhear about the exiles in Cuba?
2. How does the working relationship between Ignacio and Blanca change after she finds out she is pregnant?
3. How do Reina and Russ Hicks meet?
4. How does Reina feel about her relationship with Russ after returning from the journey with her sister?
5. How does Reina feel about Dulce having children?
6. How does Ignacio's father die?
7. In the second retelling of the final night in Zapatos Swamp, what does Ignacio remember about the moment when he shot his wife?
8. When does Constancia realize that her father, Ignacio, is lying to her about her mother's death?
9. How does Blanca's mental health deteriorate while she is pregnant with Constancia?
10. How does Ignacio's mother react to the news that Ignacio has dropped out of school?
Essay Topic 1
Constancia has an obsession with the need to stay youthful. Explain how youth becomes one of the driving forces in Constancia's life. Then, use Constancia's childhood at the pig farm to rationalize her desperate need to stay young and beautiful. Does she accomplish this in her lifetime? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
For three generations, men have been impossibly attracted to the Aguero women - from Blanca to Reina to Dulce. Compare/contrast the way that each of these women used their attractiveness to better their own lives, and the relationships that each of these women had with the men who admired them.
Essay Topic 3
Ignacio Aguero had a string of lies that he fed his daughters in regards to their mother's death. Create a time line of Ignacio's lies and describe how they changed and grew as his daughters aged. Then, explain how the constant lies affected the relationships both Reina and Constancia had with their father.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)