|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Silvestre's deafness?
(a) A high fever.
(b) A loud noise.
(c) An amputated ear.
(d) A genetic trait.
2. Where does Dulce find a job once she reaches Miami?
(a) In a language school.
(b) In a sandwich shop.
(c) In a movie theater.
(d) At a tanning salon.
3. How does Constancia respond to Reina's claim about their mother's graveside visitor?
(a) She does not acknowledge Reina's statements.
(b) She is infuriated at Reina's blasphemy.
(c) She is amused by Reina's imagination.
(d) She is interested in Reina's revelations.
4. How does Reina help Constancia with the factory she hopes to open?
(a) She lays brick with the men for nearly three weeks.
(b) She completes the building's wiring.
(c) She digs the drainage ditches.
(d) She sews curtains for the windows.
5. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
(b) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
(c) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
(d) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which weather ailment does Blanca claim is always plaguing her in the home?
2. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
3. Who has written a letter to Dulce begging her to move to Miami?
4. What does Constancia do with Herberto's body?
5. Why is Evaristo so late in making his delivery to Constancia?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)