|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles does Constancia swim to reach the Cuban coast?
(a) Twelve miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
2. Where does Dulce attempt to live after she becomes homeless?
(a) In a movie theater.
(b) With a traveling carnival.
(c) In a bowling alley.
(d) In a circus tent.
3. Who directs Constancia to make an offering to nature before starting out on her journey to Cuba?
(a) Uncle Damaso.
(b) Reina Aguero.
(c) Evaristo Leal.
(d) The santero.
4. How old is the young boy who dies from eating spoiled meat after the stampede?
5. What reason does Ignacio give for killing his wife?
(a) He believed Blanca was cheating on him.
(b) He wanted to inherit Blanca's money.
(c) He killed her because she was losing her mind.
(d) He gives the reader no answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the grievous cancer diagnosis does Ignacio's family member die?
2. What is the name of Constancia's new business?
3. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
4. What is the name of Ignacio's first published book?
5. Which of Ignacio's family members is diagnosed with cancer while Ignacio is in college?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)