|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the news report Reina overhears, how many exiles are attacking Veradero Beach?
(a) One thousand.
(b) One hundred.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
2. How long after the grievous cancer diagnosis does Ignacio's family member die?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Fifteen years.
3. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
(b) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
(c) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
(d) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
4. Who has written a letter to Dulce begging her to move to Miami?
5. How long does Ignacio plan for his wife's death?
(a) He says he had been planning it for months.
(b) He says he did not plan it.
(c) He says he had been planning it for weeks.
(d) He says he had been planning it for days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Constancia let Reina struggle in the water before saving her?
2. What interesting person does Reina see only once at her mother's grave?
3. Who directs Constancia to make an offering to nature before starting out on her journey to Cuba?
4. What does Reina claim their mother kept hidden in a pouch around her neck?
5. How many of Gonazalo's wives show up to his funeral?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)