|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Ignacio claim it was to the nearest town, to which he carried his wife's dead body?
(a) Seven hundred miles.
(b) Seven miles.
(c) Seventeen miles.
(d) Seventy miles.
2. Why does Reina love her new restoring job?
(a) Because she never wants to go back to prostitution.
(b) Because she can work at any time of the day.
(c) Because she knows Constancia is jealous of her.
(d) Because she loves the publicity she is receiving.
3. How many months pregnant in Isabel when she arrives in Miami?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Five months.
4. Where does Ignacio take Blanca for their honeymoon?
(a) The Isle of Roses.
(b) The Isle of Pines.
(c) The Isle of Coral.
(d) The Isle of Dolphins.
5. Which adjective does Ignacio use to describe the small animal flying around Blanca when he took aim at it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who directs Constancia to make an offering to nature before starting out on her journey to Cuba?
2. According to the news report Reina overhears, how many exiles are attacking Veradero Beach?
3. How do the men at the yacht club respond to Reina's presence there?
4. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
5. How many days does Dulce have to work to earn the money for airfare to Miami?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)