|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the grievous cancer diagnosis does Ignacio's family member die?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
2. Why does Ignacio choose to lie to his daughters about their mother's death?
(a) Ignacio gives no reasons for his lies.
(b) He didn't want his daughters to hate him.
(c) He didn't want to terrify his daughters.
(d) He didn't want his daughters to turn him in to the police.
3. Who narrates the final chapter of the novel?
4. How much notice does Silvestre give his mother before arriving at her doorstep?
(a) He gives her one week's warning.
(b) He gives his mother no warning.
(c) He gives her one day's warning.
(d) He gives her one month's warning.
5. What is Gonzalo doing when Silvestre arrives at the hospital?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Eating his dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dulce go to Abelardo's home to steal?
2. What does Blanca demand Ignacio give her after she finds out she is pregnant?
3. Which animal is Blanca's favorite animal to study in Cuba?
4. Why doesn't Reina believe that their mother shot herself?
5. Where is the only place Blanca wants to make love to her husband after their honeymoon?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)